Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,967 members, 7,922,377 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:47 AM

Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia (7227 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / UKBA Staff Are Rejecting African Visas Unfairly - Independent Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by WebSurfer(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2011
Jeffery Terhemba Udende:
I am Jeffery Terhemba Udende from Benue state of Nigeria, I am final semester software engineering with multimedia at Limkokwing University of creative Technology Cyberjaya Malaysia. I came to Malaysia in 2009 in way i will always regret.

First of all, a agent in Nigeria deceived us about Malaysia, how the country is good for students and is a low budget place where you can survive a month with just $400 dollars.

I paid the agent $15,000 dollars to come here and be maltreated like a slave. After discuss with the agent, told my dad about my plan to leave American University of Nigeria(AUN) popularly known as Abti. He tried his best to discourage me, but I insisted which he allowed me have my way. Arrived KLIA January 15, 2009. since then, we started face real challenges, where sometime you find yourself been maltreated by the local called Malay the dominant population in Malaysia for no reason. A Malay person will see you and close his/her noise that black is smelling or insult you calling name like Bleep NIGGLERS. even gate-men in this country see us as nothing.

I heard and saw stories where blacks has been abused by Malaysians in one way of the other, i never knew one day it will be my own turn.Thank you Jesus for saving my life. I can't wait to go home, because i am very tired of this country and their Racism. How can someone hit the back of my car and i will be the one to pay for his car, because i am not from their country. @ the police station while i was making police report for the accident my Gucci eyeglasses was stolen by the police officers that came to take the pictures of my car.

Just yesterday in my Condo, Nigerian guys were maltreated just like that is the name that is not our country. God help me for this remaining days i have in this country of Racism.

Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by julioralph(m): 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2011
Be strong & take heart bro. I've heard loads of stories about people in east asia
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by wanaj0: 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2011
Well, the actions of some (most) Nigerians has made Malaysians to view Nigerians in a bad light. Most of the Nigerians claim to be students but not doing any real schooling. Most are into crime or other vice. Yahoo yahoo and prostitution are the main one. Difficult to find Nigerians with any form of employment. Yet they go to clubs and spend money, ride cars etc. Everyone has got to see that most Nigerians are in to crime and treat them as such. Imagine Nigerians entering Taxis and refusing to pay the correct fare. Now taxi drivers even refuse to carry them now. Dont even talk about the black money issue. Cant think of any country where Nigerians are liked. We need to look at ourselves and change our attitude.

There was the case of a Nigerian who went to a church and told a Malaysian woman that he is expecting his parents to send him money but does not have an account. The Malaysian woman thinking of helping gave him her account number. Once the money was paid, she gave the money to boy and that was the last time the boy came to church. Weeks later the woman was arrested by the police. Apparently her account was used to collect yahoo money that she new nothing about. How do you think such a woman will look at Nigerians?

As a people, we lack integrity and character. Why should the agent lie to you?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by imperiouxx(m): 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2011
I for once have never dreamed of Malaysia being an urban settlement but a valley where flat face species of human beings live. Even that tall twin building, I believe is just illusion in my wild dream.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by wanaj0: 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2011
imperiouxx:

I for once has never dreamt malaysia as settlement but valley where flat face species of human beings live.

There is nothing bad about Malaysia. You have a lot of Koreans, Japanese, Aussies, Americans and British settling in the place. So what really is bad about Malaysia?

BTW, as at 2008, you dont need a visa as a Nigerian to visit Singapore. Now, getting a Singaporean visa is like passing through the eye of he needle. Among many reasons was the involvement of Nigerians in drug and other vices. This was compounded by the case of a Nigerian who murdered someone. Now they have flushed almost all Nigerians out! Even those married to Singaporeans are not finding it easy. We as a people need to change our ways!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by iice(f): 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2011
wanaj0:

Well, the actions of some (most) Nigerians has made Malaysians to view Nigerians in a bad light. Most of the Nigerians claim to be students but not doing any real schooling. Most are into crime or other vice. Yahoo yahoo and prostitution are the main one. Difficult to find Nigerians with any form of employment. Yet they go to clubs and spend money, ride cars etc. Everyone has got to see that most Nigerians are in to crime and treat them as such. Imagine Nigerians entering Taxis and refusing to pay the correct fare. Now taxi drivers even refuse to carry them now. Dont even talk about the black money issue. Cant think of any country where Nigerians are liked. We need to look at ourselves and change our attitude.

There was the case of a Nigerian who went to a church and told a Malaysian woman that he is expecting his parents to send him money but does not have an account. The Malaysian woman thinking of helping gave him her account number. Once the money was paid, she gave the money to boy and that was the last time the boy came to church. Weeks later the woman was arrested by the police. Apparently her account was used to collect yahoo money that she new nothing about. How do you think such a woman will look at Nigerians?

Exactly
And they are alot of Nigerians there.
Some of them fled from Singapore.
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by kevoh(m): 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2011
The sins of some silly Nigerians are being visited on the innocent ones! What a shame!

Meanwhile poster from your write up I don't see anything that highlights Nigerians being abused and treated unfairly the only thing I see is poor grammar coming from a supposed undergraduate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by wanaj0: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2011
iice:

Exactly
And they are alot of Nigerians there.
Some of them fled from Singapore.

Yes most fled from Singapore. Actually met a guy (married to a Singaporean) who used to do yahoo yahoo. Though married to a Singaporean, he is not entitled to a resident permit. So he live in Malaysia while his wife and kids are based in Singapore (the kids are entitled to free education in Singapore). He said he stopped doing yahoo yahoo the day his son asked him what he does for a living. Apparently, the kids were asked in school to ask about the occupation of their parents. That was the turning point for him. Now he stays in Nilai but have a shop in Cheras selling African clothes (that was his story). I wonder how many people are like him but still into crime.
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by wanaj0: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2011
kevoh:

The sins of some silly Nigerians are being visited on the innocent ones! What a shame!

Meanwhile poster from your write up I don't see anything that highlights Nigerians being abused and treated unfairly the only thing I see is poor grammar coming from a supposed undergraduate.

The sins of MOST Nigerians are being visited on FEW innocent ones. That is the sad reality.

Ask yourself why someone from Nigerian (English speaking country) will go to Malaysia (non English speaking country) to go and study English in a language school lol!

The things Nigeria do are better imagined than said. Really sad.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by imperiouxx(m): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2011
kevoh:

Haba!
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by 27naira(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2011
wanaj0:

you just said the truth. it's really sad
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by Shola2009(m): 10:21pm On Nov 27, 2011
kevoh:

Tehehe. . . .you're a wicked mugu o.
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by kevoh(m): 11:47pm On Nov 27, 2011
@shola2009
How does my reply to the OP relate to being wicked and mugu at the same time?
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by Shola2009(m): 8:22am On Nov 28, 2011
^^ your comment although objective, is uncalled for.
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by Vicjustice: 10:50am On Nov 28, 2011
wanaj0:

The truth, and nothing but the truth. Well done
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by newacca: 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2011
WebSurfer:

from ur story. I realized u are a silver spoon. If ur Dad can afford to send u to Abti. why quit for Malay? Even if u wanna quit and want something challenging and interesting,why can't u opt for Canada,The U.S,Aussie and even some Private Unis in Ghana and other neighboring countries. Why going to that Racist country? Anyway,I am happy u've learnt ur lesson and u r still alive. Pull urself together while u are counting ur days in Malay,then have a re-think when u get to Nigeria. It's not over until it's over! nothing can stop u to get ur Education not even d silly dirty Malay racists. angry
ciao
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by ikeyman00(m): 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2011
@@@@

and that ugly malaysian lady in nl will come in and try to fool some of us ehhh

yes ooooooo like some say the action of some nigeria blab blah indeed!! na true

bull$$hit
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by Lekkerlife(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2011
For close to 3 decades I have been on this earth, the stories, prayers, grumbling, lamentations, complaints have been, Corruption, Bad and greedy leaders, Political instabilities, poor infrastructures, Call for power shift (and the power keeps shifting from bad to worse), E go better, and so on and so forth

Instead of the answers to our prayers and murmuring, rather, these are showing faces, Armed robberies leading to injuries and man-slaughters, roads accident due to bad and poorly maintained roads, Undue prolonged tertiary educations due to ASUU and other bodies strike, Bad education system, Yahoo yahoo (Internet scams) as boys looking for ways to get out these self -induced poverty, Prostitution (as ladies too need some cool cash to keep body and souls together using their natural resources), 4I9ers, Drug traficking and now the Ultimate Boko Haram, killing the innocent ones and leaving behind where exactly the shoe hurts we masses (Our bad leaders) and so on and so forth.

All these are desperation and frustrations carried out wrongly.

Recently, I read it on the news, a Nigerian was executed in Thailand as a result of drug trafficking and our leaders could not do anything to save the young soul maybe he could still save this nation tomorrow.

But, the problem challenging the solutions to these problems is "We are not brave" Nigerians are coward and timid. instead of you risking your life trafficking drugs, migrating to countries where they hate us to the extend that if a Nigerian is murdered by their own citizen,is as good as a dog is killed, even now in western nations, there are animal rights activists, you cant just slaughter an animal for no just reason, you may be charged for animal abuse.

We need to stand up and fight with our blood, that is the only thing that can change this country. But in as much as they see us as cowards, that we are ready to keep shut for a thousand naira, they will continue to sell us as slaves and monkeys to the white for another phase of SLAVE TRADE

I feel very bad and heartbroken, when youths are asked to vote for a thousand naira and they gladly jump at it. At that time, most of these forget their pains, agonies, suffering as a result of trends of bad leadership and corruption in this country, they sell their vote for just a thousand naira or less, the money that can not secure a pot of soup for a family, its sad.

Right from my childhood, I knew we are problems to our success in this country, not the very bad leaders, the selfishness and the greed is our blood, we are born into it "Yeah, kind of" we ride in fleet of cars and laugh off our fellow brothers without a slipper.

All we need in this country is nothing but "attitudinal change" This country is a step close to greatness when we begin to think more of our society than our individual selves.

Sometimes, war is the best answer to a political and economical problems if fought judiciously.

The state of Israel today planing to attack Iran because they Iran is posing threats to their existence. If they are scared of fighting the war, then, they should should be ready to relocate.

As long as you are still there, looking for a country to run to, you will continue to be treated like slaves and dogs because, their forefathers had fought, planned and made it right for them to enjoy and not for you to come and exploit. They will see you as nothing but a gold digger and they will treat you as such.
STAND UP FOR YOU RIGHT NIGERIANS AND FIGHT!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
g
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by wanaj0: 6:37am On Nov 30, 2011
oyibomoses:

bros i am not trying to discriminate here but you need to know that it is not only Nigerians that face such, as long as you are a black, when i was in USA i went through hell from white dudes same in Canada, i tried saying HI to a little girl if you see the way the mother shouted at me never to near her daughter which was only 3years, what about groceries stores immediately i enter the store i saw that about two camera are monitoring me you can see it on the television, it is so embarrassing, some white will call you Monkey face to face, some will say go back to Africa we don't need slaves again, so many things bros, better you get your certificate and leave, i blame our useless leaders that are making the country uncomfortable to stay.

While there us the general discrimination against blacks, there is also the specific detest for Nigerians. Even fellow blacks dont like us. It has nothing to do with the color of our skin but more to do with our reputation based on our actions. The general feeling is that Nigerians cannot be trusted, they are into crime etc. This is not because we are blacks but because we are Nigerians and our reputation goes ahead of us everywhere. Other blacks are treated BETTER than we are.

The only area where people have a semblance of respect for us is in football and to some extent Music and Nollywood. Those are the only occasion that you will likely hear something good said about Nigeria and Nigerians. You can't blame the people because they are reacting based on their experience. Yes there is stereotyping but can you fault them??
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by iice(f): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2011
oyibomoses:

i blame our useless leaders that are making the country uncomfortable to stay.

And these leaders come from where? undecided
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by justwise(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2011
iice:

And these leaders come from where? undecided

From the moon, many people blaming our leaders are the same people who praise and worship fraudsters and thieving politicians.
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by iice(f): 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2011
lol.
They keep speaking as if these leaders suddenly appeared fully grown into that position.
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2011
iice:

lol.
They keep speaking as if these leaders suddenly appeared fully grown into that position.

We have this annoying habit of blaming everybody else for our problems apart from ourselves, if we don't blame the ''West'' then its the politicians.
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by iice(f): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2011
So true.
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by EEngineer1(m): 7:47am On Dec 01, 2011
Pls Nigerians, i want to urge u folks to stay back in ur country, d grass isnt greener on d other side when will u guys learn that 4 God's sake. If u were born there thats fine, but if u r here in 9ja instead of spending close to a million tryin to relocate, invest that money in any biz u can start ova here, xperience is d best teacher
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by nisimi09: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2011
I just arrive in Malaysia in 2 months now and I feel sad to be a Nigerian. If I was a Malaysian I have no choice than to be racist. I personally determine not to pally with my fellow compatriots because they are mostly scammers and drug dealers. I wonder how a jobless Nigerian will go to a club flying dollars intimidating the indigenes. Nigerians will fight after getting drunk, the way they abuse the Malaysian girls is very anoying to me. some will look disgursing rough and dirty, I said any thing prejudice I get here is as a result of my compatriots handwork. I decided not to go to an African church because of the high level of corruption because I prefer to face prejudice than to get involve in mess. Malaysia is a very nice place only if we can behave our self.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by dipoley2k(f): 8:36am On Dec 15, 2011
nisimi09:

I just arrive in Malaysia in 2 months now and I feel sad to be a Nigerian. If I was a Malaysian I have no choice than to be racist. I personally determine not to pally with my fellow compatriots because they are mostly scammers and drug dealers. I wonder how a jobless Nigerian will go to a club flying dollars intimidating the indigenes. Nigerians will fight after getting drunk, the way they abuse the Malaysian girls is very anoying to me. some will look disgursing rough and dirty, I said any thing prejudice I get here is as a result of my compatriots handwork. I decided not to go to an African church because of the high level of corruption because I prefer to face prejudice than to get involve in mess. Malaysia is a very nice place only if we can behave our self.

YES you have a good picture of everything its a nice place and peaceful,
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by nisimi09: 11:01am On Dec 15, 2011
dipoley2k:

YES you have a good picture of everything its a nice place and peaceful,
The Country is a very peaceful country with no natural disasters. Though a Muslim nation but Islam has been so co-operate and friendly here with no threat of extremism.  There are no Racial Violence or attack. Everybody seems to always mind their business. But the prejudice we face is due to our own attitude. If we have good national integrity their wouldn't have been any of such prejudice.
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by IcyIcy(f): 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2011
Re: Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia by femiolowo1: 9:48am On Dec 20, 2011
Very interesting. Nigerians and anyone else will tend to have experiences in Malaysia based on the way they got to the country, their motives and their strategy. If you have a profession and come with a work permit, great! If you use some other means (e.g. under student visa) to come and hustle/survive, of course you will have huge problems, e.g. no job! And you know how so many Nigerians have created a terrible reputation so others who might be genuine will be judged based on this. And of course every country has good and bad, racism and politics, etc, so that is normal. I could tell you many things as I am in London and have been married here to a Malaysian for almost 30 years. Now the whole situation looks embarrassing. Nigeria was a country of very noble calibre over 30 years ago, now we seem to be the bane of the world in terms of immigration reputation. And don't let's start talking about 318 (I mean 419). We really need to look at ourselves first, and only God can help us and deliver us from our own makings. embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Govt Calls For Collection Of Unclaimed Drivers’ Licence / Nigeria Will Reciprocate Visa Denials And Delays – Gbenga Ashiru / Arik Air 'Banned' From Abuja To London Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.