Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,117 members, 7,880,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:04 PM

An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. (1137 Views)

This 35 Year-old Lady Needs Your Advice As She Plans To Get Married / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Techie25: 8:22pm On Jun 12
So my good friend and coursemate who is about to divorce after few years of marriage sent me this, I'd love to know your opinion and if it's legal to proceed.

"
I'm trying to divorce my husband behind his back in a customary court using the traditional marriage.
I'm told I can get someone to impersonate him and collect the court order from the bailiff and sign it.
Then not appear in court during the court hearing it will be said he didn't show up because he is no longer interested in the marriage and has given his consent when he signed the court order.
Making me the only person to appear in Court.
Till judgment is passed.
Then the verdict will be sent to him.
"

So, I need advise and clarity on this.
my question is, How legal is this? Hope it doesn't cause a problem in the long run?
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Houseontherock1: 8:24pm On Jun 12
Techie25:
So my good friend and coursemate who is about to divorce after few years of marriage sent me this, I'd love to know your opinion and if it's legal to proceed.

"
I'm trying to divorce my husband behind his back in a customary court using the traditional marriage.
I'm told I can get someone to impersonate him and collect the court order from the bailiff and sign it.
Then not appear in court during the court hearing it will be said he didn't show up because he is no longer interested in the marriage and has given his consent when he signed the court order.
Till judgment is passed.
"

my question is, How legal is this? Hope it doesn't cause a problem in the long run?
Impersonation is a felony in Nigeria!
"Any person who, with intent to defraud any person, falsely represents himself to be some other person, living or dead, is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for three years."

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by budaatum: 8:31pm On Jun 12
A person I know is about to go and rob First Bank. They reckon if they kill everyone there there'd be no witnesses and they'd thereby never be caught.

That illegal!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Techie25: 8:42pm On Jun 12
Houseontherock1:

Impersonation is a felony in Nigeria!
"Any person who, with intent to defraud any person, falsely represents himself to be some other person, living or dead, is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for three years."

budaatum:
A person I know is about to go and rob First Bank. They reckon if they kill everyone there there'd be no witnesses and they'd thereby never be caught.

That illegal!

Thanks for the info but she claimed that it was a magistrate that told her and It's legal and she could go ahead with such.
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by budaatum: 8:52pm On Jun 12
Techie25:

Thanks for the info but she claimed that it was a magistrate that told her and It's legal and she could go ahead with such.

So, if a magistrate in a customary court told her it is legal, why are you here asking on her behalf if it is legal?

Is it perhaps because you know it is illegal and she or you is lying?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Techie25: 9:01pm On Jun 12
budaatum:

So, if a magistrate in a customary court told her it is legal, why are you here asking on her behalf if it is legal?

I brought it here for experienced people to help out or say something, I told her I didn't feel alright with it and I don't want any issues along the line. So maybe a legal practicioner or one with experience could help clarify us.
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Stevenbright(m): 9:03pm On Jun 12
Techie25:

"
Till judgment is passed.
"

Will the signature be a forged one or the signature will be that of the person impersonating him?

Anyway, that is impersonation and if he can get a lawyer to prove he is innocent of the alledged signing of the document, you will be guilty of impersonation!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Techie25: 9:18pm On Jun 12
Stevenbright:

Will the signature be a forged one or the signature will be that of the person impersonating him?

Anyway, that is impersonation and if he can get a lawyer to prove he is innocent of the alledged signing of the document, you will be guilty of impersonation!

The signature is of the person impersonating him.
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Stevenbright(m): 9:23pm On Jun 12
Techie25:

The signature is of the person impersonating him.

In that case, it is not an issue of impersonation. I guess there is a legal lacuna that can probably make this legal and you can confirm this by consulting with lawyers.
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Jun 12
Techie25:
"I'm trying to divorce my husband behind his back in a customary court using the traditional marriage.
I'm told I can get someone to impersonate him and collect the court order from the bailiff and sign it. Then not appear in court during the court hearing it will be said he didn't show up because he is no longer interested in the marriage and has given his consent when he signed the court order. Making me the only person to appear in Court. Till judgment is passed. Then the verdict will be sent to him."
So, I need advise and clarity on this. my question is, How legal is this? Hope it doesn't cause a problem in the long run?
Is this really the best way to go about this? undecided
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Kingrshd3: 9:38pm On Jun 12
budaatum:

You are ready sensitive to words and good in comprehension

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On Jun 12
Techie25:
■ Thanks for the info but she claimed that it was a magistrate that told her and It's legal and she could go ahead with such.
Ah! Na dem say, dem say... na im you wan use run your life, abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Klass99(f): 9:48pm On Jun 12
Techie25:

Thanks for the info but she claimed that it was a magistrate that told her and it's legal and she can go ahead with suc

Techie25:

I brought it here for experienced people to help out or say something, I told her I didn't feel alright So maybe a legal practicioner or one with experience could help clarify us .

A magistrate is a legal practitioner, so if a magistrate of a customary law court told her it is legal, why are you still here seeking clarification from a legal practitioner?

You and your friend are clowns. How can you hear the word impersonate, see the deceit involved in this and still be asking foolish questions?

Did common sense not tell you there's everything wrong with the proposed arrangement? Please quit being silly it's just annoying.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by stacyadams: 10:02pm On Jun 12
Techie25:

Make una hire me...how much
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by brodalikeme(m): 10:32pm On Jun 12
If you and your friend have conscience and any iota of dignity you wouldn’t even come here asking questions. First of all you and that your friend have a lot you’re trying to hide, if not why divorce someone behind his back. You couldn’t even come up with a lame excuse why the marriage should be dissolved.

Here is my own free advice. You and your friend should prepar , pay day is coming The remuneration for this devious thought/ action will be 10X worse that the act itself.

Do not be deceived, what so ever a man sowed, that also will he reap!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Anguldi(m): 10:58pm On Jun 12
Just separate abi she has a sugar daddy/boy deceiving to marry her. She will lose both, no paddy for jungle oOoOO 💯
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Foodqueen(f): 11:00pm On Jun 12
Hmmmmm!!!

Tell your friend, that the grass isn't greener on the other side.

She's about to divorce a good man cos of mere promises.

She will see shege....
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Dogalmighty17: 11:18pm On Jun 12
The person that posted this and the woman who this was posted on her behalf, if she is real, they are all stupid idiots.

Poster, if you are dumb, the courts aren't dumb. Impersonation is a grave offence. Think before you post rubbish to generate views. Fool.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by cococandy(f): 11:56pm On Jun 12
What a weird way to divorce. What’s the point?

Like I don’t get it. Is it to make him believe they’re still married until the divorce is final? If so why? Just makes no sense.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by AndroBlaze: 12:30am On Jun 13
Techie25:

Hmmmmm... is the magistrate that told her a boyfriend?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by AndroBlaze: 12:32am On Jun 13
cococandy:
What a weird way to divorce. What’s the point?

Like I don’t get it. Is it to make him believe they’re still married until the divorce is final? If so why? Just makes no sense.
The funny thing is I have heard of things like this happening abroad to ..... I know that a divorce doesn't always need 2 people to consent, but the impersonation part is new to me
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by cococandy(f): 1:01am On Jun 13
AndroBlaze:

The funny thing is I have heard of things like this happening abroad to ..... I know that a divorce doesn't always need 2 people to consent, but the impersonation part is new to me
I know it usually doesn’t need two people especially if the one party has been MIA for 2 years or more. They’ll even grant divorce based on abandonment alone.

you’re right the impersonation part is what’s throwing me off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Houseontherock1: 6:06am On Jun 13
Stevenbright:

In that case, it is not an issue of impersonation. I guess there is a legal lacuna that can probably make this legal and you can confirm this by consulting with lawyers.
Which legal lacuna will make it legal for Mr Josh to legally represent Mr West by signing a legal document for him in the case of his divorce,even when he's alive and sane and not his legal guardian? Behind the door, it may be a common practice but I doubt there'll be a legal backing of any kind for this...let the lawyers school us though undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by tanigororo: 6:47am On Jun 13
Techie25:

"
Till judgment is passed.
"

So invariably you are planning for somebody's Son
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Gadafii: 7:16am On Jun 13
No lie, you are the friend😏😏

Besides why do you want to divorce your husband behind his back, did he pay your bride price or married you behind your back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by tizzle(m): 9:13am On Jun 13
Maybe na she be this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by bdon123(m): 2:44pm On Jun 13
Techie25:

"
Till judgment is passed.
"

U want to goto jail n join bobrisky

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by bdon123(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13
Instead ofdoing that come lets hav sex then ur hubby catches us n divorces u wit his own free will

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by budaatum: 11:13pm On Jun 14
Houseontherock1:

Which legal lacuna will make it legal for Mr Josh to legally represent Mr West by signing a legal document for him in the case of his divorce,even when he's alive and sane and not his legal guardian? Behind the door, it may be a common practice but I doubt there'll be a legal backing of any kind for this...let the lawyers school us though undecided

You don't need to be schooled by any lawyer, because you clearly already know.
Re: An About To Divorce Lady Needs Advice. by Proserpina: 11:35pm On Jun 14
This is fraud and she should be arrested!

(1) (Reply)

Fr. Severino Mallari Biography: Real Face, Cause Of Death, Age, Mother / First Child / Girl, 6, Who Was Sent To Her Room As Punishment Is One Of The Youngest People To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.