Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,094 members, 7,913,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 07:07 PM

Be Grateful For Bad Times and Negative Events: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Grateful For Bad Times and Negative Events: (89 Views)

Tb Joshua Is A Beast He Had Sex With Me Several Times And Also With Other Ladies / Why Does A Good God Allow His Children Go Through Bad Times? / Pope Francis Tests Negative For Coronavirus, Italy Report Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Grateful For Bad Times and Negative Events: by reallifegospel(m): 4:11am On Jun 13
Be Grateful for bad times and negative events:
We often think preachers are crazy or out of their minds when they say "in everything give thanks".
There's this song that used to be common among praise singers and during praise sessions. What I noticed recently before the song started stepping back for new praise songs, at some point around the chorus the song says

" no matter what they say, when success comes my way I will praise the lord"

Now previously that was not the lyric, something was edited and adjusted to make the song sound more positive.
This shows how natural and instinctive it is for man to avoid troubles, problems, and issues that bring us pain, discomfort and inconveniences while he/she tends towards the sources of pleasures, comfort, good moments, progress etc.
This also means that man is naturally inclined to feel like praising God when the going is good, when things are smooth, and when the times are sweet.
It sounds cruel to ask you to praise God and be grateful even when the going is not so good, in fact it is suggested that you should praise God even when the going is not good at all. It sounds insensitive to some to be asked to say thanks to God for bad times and negative events.
Bad times and negative events are instruments in the hands of God to remould, reshape and rebuild you. Such times enable you exercise some important muscles that you'll need to be stronger and better than your previous self and if you don't go through such kind of times you wouldn't build and develop such kind of strength and improvements.
God allows bad storms to come so that the waves can move you in the direction that will make you shine and flourish and the rain will wash away the dirts and garbages that makes you not look like what you're meant to be.
So when I say give thanks to God for bad times and negative events, it means give thanks for God is bringing the best out of the worst cases and God is bringing out the best out of very bad situations.
Remain Blessed!

Article written by Apostle Constance C. Friday Ani

(1) (Reply)

The Deception of Pride / What Is God Saying About Water Baptism? / The Dawn Of A New Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.