Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,760 members, 7,875,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... (10823 Views)

Dangote: I Need 35 Visas To Travel Within Africa But French Investors Don’t / Aliko Dangote: I Withdrew $10m Just To Look At It / Aliko Dangote: 'I Need A Wife, I Am Not Getting Any Younger At 61' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Sangoamadioha1: 9:00am On Jun 13
[/b]What I keep telling people is that, look, we as Africans, please, don’t be deceived, no foreigner can come and make your continent great. It must be the domestic investors. Because domestic investment is what actually attracts foreign investment,” he noted.[b]

This is what government should be doing. Get local investors instead of selling your economy to foreign investors but no, all these so called experts and intellectuals will just be parroting foreign investors upandan 😒
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Tapout(m): 9:03am On Jun 13
Ezeama400:
He's stylishly telling those hoping for the price of his fuel to crash to brace up..
Dangote is telling you that he has a debt to pay..

If he could deal ruthlessly with Nigerians on his cement price and got away with it, how much more fuel......

Those hoping to buy fuel and cheaper rate have entered one chance

Rest Oga....that's all you could take away from this epistle, smh.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Successlane: 9:04am On Jun 13
Well, I knew that there would be a fight. But I didn’t know that the mafia in oil, they are stronger than the mafia in drugs. I can tell you that. Yes, it’s a fact,” he mentioned , stressing that the local and foreign mafia tried several times to sabotage the refinery from coming to fruition

Now we know why the government owned refineries will NEVER function except by divine intervention

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by hmohammed(m): 9:04am On Jun 13
dre11:
Dangote: I have Paid $2.4 Billion of $5.5 Billion Borrowed to Build Refinery, Eyes Steel Production

•Says cartel in oil industry stronger than global drug mafia

•Lauds Afreximbank, Access Bank, AFC for support, argues foreign banks not interested in African devt

•Discloses own refinery to serve as Nigeria’s strategic reserve

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/06/13/dangote-i-have-paid-2-4-billion-of-5-5-billion-borrowed-to-build-refinery-eyes-steel-production/
Nairaland has issues. No single sense in almost all the posts from everyone. Are we this dull in this country? Can't we see the good news and the inspiration in all of these. Truly we deserve our current situation

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by OMBIIGA: 9:05am On Jun 13
Great!! However, I am of the opinion that Dangote talked too much this day. He need to be strategic and talk less !!
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by razzydoo(m): 9:05am On Jun 13
Cartel in Petrol stronger than global drug Mafia. Dangote et al, 24. *Jots furiously*
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by ppogba: 9:06am On Jun 13
tongue
Ezeama400:
He's stylishly telling those hoping for the price of his fuel to crash to brace up..

If he could deal ruthlessly with Nigerians on his cement price and got away with it, how much more fuel......

According to a chronic pessimist.
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by kcubani: 9:06am On Jun 13
But I remember former CBN governor saying he had paid back all loan ,Na waoo
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by phemray(m): 9:10am On Jun 13
Ezeama400:

Even at that it's still possible to have a reduced price since he is not going to pay the debt in one day and also its production capacity is much and can take care of all Africans consumption within a short period of time. 2 yrs fine
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by achorladey: 9:13am On Jun 13
madridguy:
I am sure there is more to this....The refinery contributed to our suffering today as a nation. I still don't understand how an individual will got so much forex with that ridiculous exchange rate.

Dangote don hold Nigeria for blokos.

The sooner we realise the man we see is the image presented to as DANGOTE and that what constitute DANGOTE goes beyond this image the better we understand the dynamics behind DANGOTE grin grin grin

The Dangote holding us for blokos as you typed in your post goes beyond that picture grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by NeckingNgulping(m): 9:18am On Jun 13
Those people who did everything to sabotage the construction of the refinery are the ones benefitting from the importation of petrol, the same people stalling the reconstruction of the PH refinery. The cartel know what they get through their dubious means, thereby subjecting Nigerians to buying highly inflated imported petrol.

They know their evil acts will come to an end when we can produce it here, so they resist the growth of any refinery with all their might.

Same thing is happening in the power sector. It's going to be a rocket science for us to have steady and stable light, because people who benefit from the importation of generator will resist steady power supply.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Khyrvxjzy: 9:22am On Jun 13
Vikingss:

Madridguy you know why I like you?

Sometimes if e touch you for brain you dey always voice out truth unlike other APC paid agents

Abi you dey talk truth when them never pay you salary I no know
obedient should do the same, not everything you follow obi
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Afonja007: 9:24am On Jun 13
thesicilian:

How did the refinery that was built yesterday contribute to your suffering today as a nation?
Stop blaming successful people for your failures.
Your country has been failing and suffering since independence
not only successful but sausage, mugu like you, dem chop you office you still dey defend your tormentors,suddenly he don pay back 2billlion dollars 🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Khyrvxjzy: 9:25am On Jun 13
iwaeda:

He is stylishly telling you, he is not fully operational. We waiting for July to come. grin grin grin grin grin
igbo
how about the diesel

set awon i have a brother working in dangote refinery

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by rajiedreez: 9:26am On Jun 13
How, Emefiele in action
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Khyrvxjzy: 9:28am On Jun 13
ElSudani:

Right, he is talking about steel already. Nobody will say or do anything until he starts building the biggest steel company in Africa.
That is when they will start to accuse him of monopoly.

bro na true you talk ooo, i read where he talk about steel

God help me ooo
i also get vision

God or bad people, i always love great people

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Khyrvxjzy: 9:29am On Jun 13
ElSudani:

Right, he is talking about steel already. Nobody will say or do anything until he starts building the biggest steel company in Africa.
That is when they will start to accuse him of monopoly.

I will make a thread about the steel

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by chatinent: 9:31am On Jun 13
Dangote is just a name.

The powers that make up Dangote is bigger than Dantoge himself.
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Blackman101: 9:31am On Jun 13
Dangote the pride of Black Africa

We had millionaire in Nigeria that never invested in production system (only comfortable in importation of essential commodity) but this man took the bull by the horn and ventured into the production of cement, salt, sugar and now refining of petrol.

Nobody is talking about how much cash in dollars this man is bring to Nigeria economy (25% of fertilizer export to US, Cement to many African country, same with salt, sugar and now fuel) and people employed, what we are busy saying is the monopoly he Is enjoying etc

Now, what is stopping the other so called billionaires from investing in other sector of the economy were the man Dangote has not ventured into. As is going, the country is even at risk if the man Dangote fails in any of his ventures course the country will restore to importation, In a country were forex have become an issue.

while i am not saying Dangote is prefect in his business dealings, note, no country will grow without the development of the production industry.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Yelight(m): 9:32am On Jun 13
Ezeama400:

You dey see well well
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Always82: 9:37am On Jun 13
thesicilian:

How did the refinery that was built yesterday contribute to your suffering today as a nation?
Stop blaming successful people for your failures.
Your country has been failing and suffering since independence
you got him wrong.is not talking about the dangote own but that of NIGERIA.sir

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by phemray(m): 9:39am On Jun 13
Sangoamadioha1:
[/b]What I keep telling people is that, look, we as Africans, please, don’t be deceived, no foreigner can come and make your continent great. It must be the domestic investors. Because domestic investment is what actually attracts foreign investment,” he noted.[b]

This is what government should be doing. Get local investors instead of selling your economy to foreign investors but no, all these so called experts and intellectuals will just be parroting foreign investors upandan 😒

The issue with Nigerian investors is lack of patriotism. They collect advance on projects and will not execute it but prefer to bribe national assembly. Imagine Emeka offor handling Turn around maintenance of refineries for decades and nothing was done. And many others.
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by OkoRemi2023(m): 9:40am On Jun 13
He borrowed billions dollars yet unemployed graduate will be scared to borrow 500k or lesser to start a business

Complaining and nagging is a risk than loan for business because the time you spent in complaining and nagging, you're giving out your time for irrelevant and unproductive result which is a big risk

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by thesicilian: 9:44am On Jun 13
Always82:
you got him wrong.is not talking about the dangote own but that of NIGERIA.sir
If that's the case then I stand corrected.
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by kay29000(m): 9:46am On Jun 13
Satguru:

Why borrowing funds with interest when you have the funds. The matter no clear

He didn't have the complete funds. $5 billion is not small money o.
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by sweetkev(m): 9:47am On Jun 13
hegelian:

I'm the end it will be better for the country..
He talked true, no foreign investment will come without first having local investment... We have to produce what we use.. Government need to help another business locally to complement dangote and the sky will be for us..
What about insecurity ? No business will grow with the level of insecurity in the nation. All these you are seeing happening in the north and south east, if care is not taken, might move to the South west. Tell your government to work on insecurity because that's the number one challenges we facing as a nation and this has also contribute to high cost of goods and services. I dropped my pen!!
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Tonididdyx: 9:48am On Jun 13
helinues:
Still over half way to go

$3bn+ no be beans oo
Lol dangote call am "only"
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Chicagograduate(m): 9:54am On Jun 13
Why is production of Dangote petroleum products always shifted upfront? Buhari commissioned it last year.We are thinking it will start producing fuel.Uptill now nothing.
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Obakoolex(m): 9:55am On Jun 13
DANGOTE always doing wonders
The only business mentor I have!

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by professorPABX: 9:56am On Jun 13
madridguy:
I am sure there is more to this....The refinery contributed to our suffering today as a nation. I still don't understand how an individual will got so much forex with that ridiculous exchange rate.

Dangbote don hold Nigeria for blokos.

You are 100% correct, even what you did not post above I understood them very much. Invariably, he has told us he is not indebted again because even when the refinery has not fully gone into full production, he can conveniently pay the $2.7 billion.

When I had an account on nairaland (babaolofin) for years, I was a radical supporter of Dangote and fought fanatically on every front for the success of the refinery. I became confused when Emefiele said he had paid all the loans even when the refinery has not started production.

People are complaining about floating of Naira because of the initial hardship associated with structural adjustment program all over the world but failed to realize how the initial foreign exchange regime indirectly impoverished Nigeria and Nigerians to the benefits of those milking our commonwealth for their personal gains.

I still congratulate Dangote for the courage to build that refinery. Without this refinery our government refinery will not work. He benefitted from government (CBN) from loans taken by Nigeria the same way Dantata family have been benefitting from government.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by 7upnigeria: 9:59am On Jun 13
dre11:
Dangote: I have Paid $2.4 Billion of $5.5 Billion Borrowed to Build Refinery, Eyes Steel Production

•Says cartel in oil industry stronger than global drug mafia

•Lauds Afreximbank, Access Bank, AFC for support, argues foreign banks not interested in African devt

•Discloses own refinery to serve as Nigeria’s strategic reserve

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/06/13/dangote-i-have-paid-2-4-billion-of-5-5-billion-borrowed-to-build-refinery-eyes-steel-production/

Good one.
Re: Dangote: I Have Paid $2.4 Billion Of $5.5 Billion Borrowed To Build Refinery.... by Eteka1(m): 10:02am On Jun 13
Ezeama400:

Do you expect him to refine and sell fuel below the cost price? What some of you fail to understand is that Dangote is a businessman and not your government. He is not running a charity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Profitable Online Business You Can Do With Just Your Phone & Little Capital / My Personal Review Of Shoptomydoor / After Raising Hopes, Naira Depreciates Against The Dollar By 5.8% In April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.