Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:39 AM

Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement (15220 Views)

Minimum Wage: FG Gives Committee 4 Weeks To Adjust Workers’ Salaries / New Minimum Wage: FG Reacts To Labour’s December 31 Deadline / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Deltatoto: 10:16am On Jun 13
Chizmickey:
The labour should take this one at a time, 62k is fine considering the level of the economy now.
u Dey crase abi.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Kanixt(m): 10:17am On Jun 13
let him sack
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Innobee99(m): 10:24am On Jun 13
nwakibie3:
But the 300% increment of the judges' salary will not lead to massive sack in the judiciary abi
U dey mind those fools?

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Enemyofpeace: 10:30am On Jun 13
Las las na retrenchment go settle dis matter.

Seun please when you're ready to retrench let me know. I have the list of moderators that must be retrenched from nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Enemyofpeace: 10:31am On Jun 13
Chizmickey:
The labour should take this one at a time, 62k is fine considering the level of the economy now.
na people like you dey mess us up. Poverty don turn your head upside down
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by dydx2020(m): 10:36am On Jun 13
Labour should be reasonable and realistic for once...₦100,000 minimum wage is OK.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by vacanci: 10:38am On Jun 13
Lalami3232:
While the NLC is campaigning and advocating for better livelihood for the masses, I'm here advocating against paternity fraud by our women. So in a nutshell, both of us are doing a good thing for the betterment for humanity (especially Nigerians). What do I even know sef aside enlightening men with the good news.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted atall atall.

It's not for the masses they are fighting but for the government workers.

If they are fighting for the masses, they should have been very tough on the subsidy removal and the currency devaluation and to place an emergency on the nation's security. These were things that led us here. But they have to wait till inflation skyrocketed and now wants wages that only government workers will get. What happened to the private sectors, small peasant workers in the informal sectors, the unemployed, less privilege and low income earners who will not be able to the new inflation that will arise as a result of the proposed increase in wages.

increase wage to 250k and the only way that government will be able to pay will be to devalue the naira further. This will spike inflation. Even the increaese will now look like nothing has happened, talkless of those that never had increase. Many private sector businesses will simply sack workers because they cannot legally pay that much.
If you own a small supermarket with 5 workers and they say that 250k minimum wage has to be paid. the only option will be to let them all go and you and your family now run shift in the business.

there will be massive confusion everywhere
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Khyrvxjzy: 10:51am On Jun 13
Vikingss:
Tinubu is very useless

There wasn’t a mass sacking when he used our money to buy Yatch

There wasn’t a mass sacking when he used our money to renovate that Boko Haram VP house

There wasn’t a mass sacking when he bought SUV for his cartel men with our money

There wasn’t a mass sacking when Tinubu has spent our $7billion on his cocaine and hard drugs

When I say our money I say it with pride as a Rivers man

Before you talk rubbish check what your state contributes to Nigeria
baba don register another account
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Benmsu: 10:54am On Jun 13
The blackmail has just started

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Mpanyi: 10:58am On Jun 13
Lalami3232:
While the NLC is campaigning and advocating for better livelihood for the masses, I'm here advocating against paternity fraud by our women. So in a nutshell, both of us are doing a good thing for the betterment for humanity (especially Nigerians). What do I even know sef aside enlightening men with the good news.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted atall atall.

Seems na only mundane thing like virgin and non-virgin full your head
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by NNNN2024: 11:01am On Jun 13
Vikingss:
Tinubu is very useless

There wasn’t a mass sacking when he used our money to buy Yatch

There wasn’t a mass sacking when he used our money to renovate that Boko Haram VP house

There wasn’t a mass sacking when he bought SUV for his cartel men with our money

There wasn’t a mass sacking when Tinubu has spent our $7billion on his cocaine and hard drugs

When I say our money I say it with pride as a Rivers man

Before you talk rubbish check what your state contributes to Nigeria

Asi... you with your multiple accounts always claiming to be from Rivers. You dun rest your Arobaga account today.

Behave well
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Ten06(m): 11:04am On Jun 13
Why has the bogus salary being collected by political office holders and their hanger on not lead to mass sacking?
The executives
The National Assembly members
The judiciary
The state Governors

Why are these people salary not affecting the country?
The solution to this problem is to put everyone on minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Blazetrailer: 11:20am On Jun 13
I bless God each day, to have given me the foresight to make that one in a lifetime decision.... scam out of that place.

I wish the rest all the best, with the type of leadership they voted and truly deserve..
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Psoul(m): 11:32am On Jun 13
thesicilian:
Threat is never the best move in negotiations. Obviously the FG is not interested in moving forward with peaceful dialogue.

Law 13: When Asking for Help, Appeal to People’s Self-Interest, Never to their Mercy or Gratitude: When you need help from someone in a position of power, appeal to their self-interest. They’ll be glad to help if they’ll get something in return, and you’ll get what you want without seeming desperate or irritating.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Ericz(m): 11:39am On Jun 13
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]This is what our politicians have in their skulls

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Twy: 11:49am On Jun 13
Chidonsky:
I concur with government on this as most private company hardly pay 35k let alone 250k

It is because we work under a system that is disjointed. Minimum wage is not an emotional issue. It is also a legal issue, if you set minimum wage at 250k, that means an high school student will go work as a sales girl and has to be legally paid 250k. Because that is what minimum wage legally means. It is not a living wage for a family but the basic wage for like a non diploma holder with no kids, so if you pay a non diploma holder 250k, how much will you pay a diploma or PHd holder as a basic wage. Farm hands will be paid that also. Labour is just interested in their union members, which is fine but they should not use that to bring the economy down.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Twy: 11:53am On Jun 13
Ten06:
Why has the bogus salary being collected by political office holders and their hanger on not lead to mass sacking?
The executives
The National Assembly members
The judiciary
The state Governors

Why are these people salary not affecting the country?
The solution to this problem is to put everyone on minimum wage.

Partly because they are powerful and the executive accord them the respect. When they have bastardized the civil service by promoting people not based on merit, hiring family nad friends to come ad chop, what do you expect? They do not respect them. If we are serious, recruitment into the civil service should be based on rigourous hiring processes, staff performance, job assigments and decriptions should also be assidously monitored and constantly reviewed. If the police, customs, immigration and civil service are efficient, they deserve a good wage but rewarding inefficiency because of inflation ma not help the economy
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by fortunechy(m): 11:59am On Jun 13
Try it and see full blown revolution...
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by thesicilian: 12:17pm On Jun 13
Psoul:

Law 13: When Asking for Help, Appeal to People’s Self-Interest, Never to their Mercy or Gratitude: When you need help from someone in a position of power, appeal to their self-interest. They’ll be glad to help if they’ll get something in return, and you’ll get what you want without seeming desperate or irritating.
That law only works as an employee if you have other options. Most civil servants have no option than to dance to the rhythm of the FG hence their desperation. The only weapon in their arsenal is industrial action and if they stay too long at home even the people they're fighting for will turn against them

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Blue3k(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13
Lol I doubt he'll do that in his first term. The guy wants to he re-elected like every power hungry politician. They should get their wish and see what happens when you ask forbthe moon. Maybe them people will stop lying labor dues and let these groups die.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Anointedvirgin: 1:25pm On Jun 13
Lalami3232:

You and this your popular quote.
I too like you grin grin
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Emekaonline: 1:29pm On Jun 13
ThiefnubuBandit:
"Shettima will handle security and Tinubu will handle the economy".

Useless fools!!!

Your useless father that dumbed you at baby factory to be raised is the most foolish of all creatures
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Victor593(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13
all na wayo
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 2:16pm On Jun 13
Emekaonline:

Your useless father that dumbed you at baby factory to be raised is the most foolish of all creatures

Oh, you mean your stinking good for nothing useless prostitute mother is hungry? I am not surprise. I know your good for nothing mother's worthless pussy can go for as low as 500 naira per night.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by zexy2030(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13
Lalami3232:

Tell us your story
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Jeje247: 4:27pm On Jun 13
Chizmickey:
When minimum wage was #18000 before 2009, it was equivalent to $120. The upward review came in 2017 because that amount became equivalent to $60. The current wage is a meagre $21 and even the 62k being proposed by FG is barely $40 all the way from $120. #100,000 is equivalent to about $70 which is still short. We are supposed to be making progress and not regressing. If we are to go by the old $120 wage, the new wage should be #170,000
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by jude79(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13
This pure BLACKMAIL

Jonathan whom APC claimed they are better than, paid #18000, which is equivalent to over #218000 today, instead of hurting the economy, it propelled nigeria to the no one economy in africa.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Inosky: 5:06pm On Jun 13
There won't be any sacking, they rather not agree to pay their workers the minimum wage but government especially the FG workers must be paid minimum wage.

I don't know what these mumu a$$holes are saying
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by luluman: 8:15pm On Jun 13
Chidonsky:
I concur with government on this as most private company hardly pay 35k let alone 250k
See mumu, wetin this one know?
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by mediclife1987(m): 10:20pm On Jun 13
mrvitalis:
I don't know what FG is messing up

This is a greate opportunity for them

Labor u want 150k minimum wage? Fine but all subsidy has to go simple

If you remove fuel subsidy , electricity subsidy and some others 150k minimum wage is achievable

They wont do it because subsidy is the easiest way to steal untraceable billions

Who would collect 150k after removing all subsidy? Be like sey something dey worry you.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by Firefly2017(f): 12:18am On Jun 14
Arrant nonsense! Why is it that everytime there is a change in policies by the govt, it is the civil servants and masses that bear the brunt the most, the politicians are blatantly protected no matter what, they will keep smiling to the bank with their humongous juicy paycheques. What the govt is basically saying is no matter how tough we make the economy, here is your misely minimum wage, go figure out how you will survive. It is ridiculous for crying out loud. Enough is Enough!!! Revolution Now!!!
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Warns Of Mass Sacking As Labour Disowns Agreement by BeeNG3: 6:40am On Jun 14
U can't scare us! Implement the 250k and let's know those who are employed. Sack of U want to but you have to pay that sum. Heartless people.😠

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose: "Am Like Jesus, They Are After Me Because They Have Seen My Tomorrow" / Rumble In The Delta? I Didn’t Nominate Peter Obi, Says Wike / Herdsmen: Forget It, No Law Backs Grazing Routes – Afenifere Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.