Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,936 members, 7,935,975 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:22 PM

NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale (14438 Views)

EFCC Recovers Billions In Assets For Oil Magnate, Arthur Eze / Tinubu Denies Ownership Of Oriental Hotels, Other Assets ‘Linked’ To Him / $9.6bn: British Firm Listing Nigeria Assets For Seizure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Omooba77: 8:42am On Jun 13
The Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation has listed the head office in Lagos and branches of failed Heritage Bank across the country for sale in its role as liquidator of the bank.

NDIC announced the sale of the bank properties numbering 48 and its chattel including vehicles, office equipment, plant, and machinery in another 62 locations across the country in an advertorial published in The PUNCH on Thursday.

“The Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation in the exercise of its right as Liquidator of failed Deposit Money Banks hereby invites interested members of the general public to buy the assets (landed property and chattels) of defunct Heritage Banks through public competitive bidding,” part of the advertorial read.

The head office of the bank and its annex located at 143 Ahmadu Bello Way and 130 Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos was listed for sale (buildings, chattels, generator, and motor vehicle). Also listed for sale were six other branches in Lagos, four branches in Abuja, four in Rivers States, and the others spread across the country.

Interested parties are invited to come for an inspection and subsequently put in bids on the assets to be submitted to the NDIC office in Lagos.

Bids are expected to come in with 10 per cent of the bid amount in Certified Bank Draft. Successful bidders will be required to pay the balance of the bid price within two weeks of notification.

Earlier, the corporation announced the commencement of the verification and payment of the depositors of the bank with N5m or less in their accounts. This category of customers makes up about 99 per cent of the bank customers.

The Managing Director of the NDIC, Bello Hassan, at a media briefing on the liquidation of Heritage Bank in Abuja last Wednesday, put the total depositors at Heritage Bank at 2.3 million.

Hassan noted that the total bank deposits at Heritage Bank stood at N650bn while its loan portfolio was about N700bn

In announcing the revocation of the licence of Heritage Bank, the apex bank in a statement signed by the Acting Director of Corporate Communication, Sidi Ali, said, “This action has become necessary due to the bank’s breach of Section 12 (1) of BOFIA, 2020. The board and management of the bank have not been able to improve the bank’s financial performance, a situation which constitutes a threat to financial stability.

“This follows a period during which the CBN engaged with the bank and prescribed various supervisory steps intended to stem the decline. Regrettably, the bank has continued to suffer and has no reasonable prospects of recovery, thereby, making the revocation of the licence the next necessary step.”

Stakeholders in the sector have gone on to express confidence in the decision of the CBN in the overall interest of the sector.

The chairman of the Bank Directors Association of Nigeria, Mustapha Chike-Obi, in a chat with The PUNCH said,“BDAN accepts and respects the unique position of the CBN in making this kind of decision in the interest of the banking sector. BDAN is confident that CBN analysed all the pros and cons of this decision and took the best decision in the interest of the banking sector.”

Also, the House of Representatives has passed a resolution mandating the CBN to investigate the leadership and management of Heritage Bank to “Identify any possible issues of mismanagement or wrongdoing that may have contributed to the bank’s failure.”

This followed the adoption of a motion of urgent public importance during plenary on Tuesday, filed by the member representing Idemili North/Idemili South Federal Constituency of Anambra State, Uchenna Okonkwo.

It also urged the NDIC “to conduct a comprehensive review of its operations and the effectiveness of its mandate to ensure that it is adequately equipped and resourced to fulfill its role as deposit insurer and investor of failed banks.”
https://punchng.com/ndic-lists-heritage-banks-head-office-other-assets-for-sale/

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by bigpicture001: 9:09am On Jun 13
Just give it to moniepoint....we heard that is the main purpose for thr revoked licence...monie point wants to come to mainstream banking...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by christejames(m): 9:13am On Jun 13
How much? cool

5 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by DARLINGTON869(m): 10:11am On Jun 13
H
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by sacajawea: 10:12am On Jun 13
Who owns Heritage Bank sef?
Who actually owns it?

2 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by maxiuc(m): 10:12am On Jun 13
cheesy

All the assets is it up to 1trillion naira because I want to buy all

2 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Zico5(m): 10:12am On Jun 13
Ok
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by yesloaded: 10:13am On Jun 13
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by helinues: 10:13am On Jun 13
Toh
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by nwakibie3(m): 10:13am On Jun 13
I'm interested in buying the headquarters

They should chat me up on whatsapp for negotiation.

3 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by atiku4President(m): 10:14am On Jun 13
Noted. Let me speak with my lawyers

1 Like

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Barrywhite8620: 10:14am On Jun 13
Buy two get one free

1 Like

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by davidtemi(m): 10:15am On Jun 13
I will buy
How many yrs will I use to pay?

3 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by THMT: 10:16am On Jun 13
Just like that.....

2 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by dahnimoh(m): 10:16am On Jun 13
Which one is the next please
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by baralatie(m): 10:17am On Jun 13
So who will bail the cat
Access was interested in some of their assets but it did not succeed
Maybe first bank or zenith or a new generation bank
Watching and waiting for results

2 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by NaijaCover(m): 10:17am On Jun 13
Following
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by lawalayo1a: 10:17am On Jun 13
The rate at which nigeria business are failing is highly outrageous
i saw this youtube channel
and i had to believe everything these guy said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48DKuadQvI
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Anguldi(m): 10:17am On Jun 13
Balablu bhlu bhlu bulaba tongue
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by baralatie(m): 10:17am On Jun 13
Barrywhite8620:
Buy two get one free
🤔
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:18am On Jun 13
If no be wickedness, your deposit was 650b but you gave out loan upto 750b??

I suspect na dem dem wey be staff give themselves the loan

4 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Starhearts: 10:20am On Jun 13
maxiuc:
cheesy

All the assets is it up to 1trillion naira because I want to buy all

If ur money no complete ... l go borrow 2billion naira
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Emeritus212: 10:21am On Jun 13
Kai
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by oluwaseyi0: 10:22am On Jun 13
who can please explain why all these banks fail
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by tishbite43: 10:22am On Jun 13
Saraki and co, una wehdone

5 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Militant1: 10:24am On Jun 13
No time- NDIC moved very fast, kudos to them...

3 Likes

Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Napoleons: 10:24am On Jun 13
More to nosedive
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by Artscollection: 10:25am On Jun 13
I hope is not witch hunting or vendetta parole
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by baralatie(m): 10:27am On Jun 13
Militant1:
No time- NDIC moved very fast, kudos to them...
As e dey be
Na hot sell for market na
Make e no go cold
Re: NDIC Lists Heritage Bank’s Head Office, Other Assets For Sale by kedeojo(m): 10:41am On Jun 13
sacajawea:
Who owns Heritage Bank sef?
Who actually owns it?
Saraki family are one of the major shareholders.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Bomb Hits Sapele …injures 7 / 2019: Governors Shun Obasanjo’s Coalition For Nigeria Movement / I Look Forward To Effective Relationship With 9th NASS, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.