Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,328 members, 7,888,046 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:11 PM

Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday (30911 Views)

Reps Disown Trending Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government / Who Will You Pick To Lead Your Region If Regional Government Is Reintroduced? / 'Nigeria, We Hail Thee': Bill seeking return of old anthem gets Reps, Senate nod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Metrofox(m): 7:05pm On Jun 13
aceman88:
Yoruba man and sense.

You proposed that Yoruba speaking part of Kwara and Kogi, and even some part of Delta and Edo state be merged with south west to form Western region.

But in the case of south east, you didn't propose that the Igbo speaking part of Rivers, Delta, Benue, Kogi, Cross River, etc be merged together to form South Eastern region, rather to show your true colour of hatred, you are proposing that the Ohaji/Egbema region, one of the oil producing LGAs in southern imo state be removed from South East to form part of Southern/Niger Delta region. Is it not shameless daylight witchcraft?

The guy is a bloody fool...dey set trap for him papa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by nero2face: 7:05pm On Jun 13
Chigozie321:
Tinubu will turn to legend if this sails through. All his imperfections will be forgotten in a giffy.
the South will love him while the North will hate him
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Shomek(m): 7:06pm On Jun 13
Nice one
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Skydivine: 7:06pm On Jun 13
aceman88:
Yoruba man and sense.

You proposed that Yoruba speaking part of Kwara and Kogi, and even some part of Delta and Edo state be merged with south west to form Western region.

But in the case of south east, you didn't propose that the Igbo speaking part of Rivers, Delta, Benue, Kogi, Cross River, etc be merged together to form South Eastern region, rather to show your true colour of hatred, you are proposing that the Ohaji/Egbema region, one of the oil producing LGAs in southern imo state be removed from South East to form part of Southern/Niger Delta region. Is it not shameless daylight witchcraft?
One hundred likes

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by stevups(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13
Tflex01:
As a governor Tinubu gave more power to the Local Government and even created more (LCDA) because he believed that is the way governance can easily get to the people although this caused a big fight between him and Obasanjo then.

With Tinubu's antecedents, I won't be surprised if he swiftly assent to the bill that will return Nigeria to regional Government but that's going to offend the Northerners a lot.

Of course, they are the only people benefiting from oil that is not produced in their regions

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Fgovernor: 7:07pm On Jun 13
LordBillionz:

Shut up!

Who is afraid of regional Government?

I'm an Easterner and I support this hundred percent.

I see this as a motivator for Easterners to begin to heavily invest in the east.

I wish they become even mistreated in other regions so they can stop being foolish and think home.

My investments are in the east and I'm proud of my home.
Investments are supposed to be in the East I agree you are not wrong but business works in a lot of ways, sometimes the location you set your business won't be the best to make profit and if you check well, our governors are killing us by increasing tax for businesses.
If other states have less tax for your business why would you invest in your state when you are aware you are going to pay more and gain less.
Our governors are the ones killing us when it comes to investing in the East
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Dreambeat: 7:07pm On Jun 13
Wallade:

Now you are talking sense.

The Igbo tribe is a major tribe in Nigeria, I agree with you.

But I don't agree that the Igbo tribe is the majority tribe.

English language my dear friend. The majority tribe in Nigeria is Hausa.
I did not qualify the word Majority. I am sure you did not read where I wrote Majority in Nigeria. I was writing about watering down Igbo majority in the SE/SS region which was the context under which I made the comment
I never mentioned Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by stevups(m): 7:09pm On Jun 13
Yorubastardz:
Regional government won't work for our Ewedu Guzzling Brothers Osun Ogun Ondo

Ibadan will always be the CAPITAL.
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by pandax: 7:12pm On Jun 13
Mccullum:

Yoruba doesn't discriminate themselves, the Igbo in those states you mentioned won't agree to go back to South East region. Those in Benue may accept rejoining Easterners. That's is the issue on Igbos.

Anioma people told you recently that they want to join SE

Edo, Kogi, Benue, Cross River,AkwaIbom, & Rivers Igbos will speak soon

Even though, we would prefer Igbo only region, the Ogonis with a few others want to join our union

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Smartcitizen: 7:12pm On Jun 13
mrrandomguy:
Just break up the country.

But I hope this bill, if passed, will stop the influx of Southeasterners into Yorubaland through night buses.

They say this video is old, but it is still going on even as I type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAJCkEOLGGI?si=LztlSFDdcrYiPVyM

You have forgotten what happened between Dbang and Don Jazi abi?

That's how Dbang was hyping and deceiving himself and now I wonder who is the master.
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Topsido(m): 7:12pm On Jun 13
South East should be merged with Middle Belt with headquarters in Jos grin.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by pandax: 7:14pm On Jun 13
Topsido:
South East should be merged with Middle Belt with headquarters in Jos grin.

Good one if you are talking as a Middle Beltan.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Okechinwadike: 7:15pm On Jun 13
Wallade:

That is your opinion
immediately there is restructuring all the agitation will end
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by PointZerom: 7:15pm On Jun 13
ILoveNG:
My concern is why are our eastern brothers afraid of regional government?

Shut up.

Igbos are the only region prepared for the worst of Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by DNAPro: 7:17pm On Jun 13
aceman88:
Yoruba man and sense.

I was waiting for this comment. Not disappointed. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by franudi: 7:18pm On Jun 13
Wallade:

How can you call an entire tribe - stupid. You have bad manners and training
Yorubas are stupid for supporting that the south Easterners be separated from their people while Yorubas be united together. This is not that time Gowon did those nonsense division he did.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by LordBillionz: 7:19pm On Jun 13
Fgovernor:

Investments are supposed to be in the East I agree you are not wrong but business works in a lot of ways, sometimes the location you set your business won't be the best to make profit and if you check well, our governors are killing us by increasing tax for businesses.
If other states have less tax for your business why would you invest in your state when you are aware you are going to pay more and gain less.
Our governors are the ones killing us when it comes to investing in the East
What you stated can be addressed...

The governors ain't aliens and can be approached.
They're voted in by the people and his actions when ruling can influence his stance in the next stage.

But, are you implying that the taxation in the east is terrible compared to Lagos?

I do understood you compared this with the likely profits of running business in the east.

Please, take this into consideration...
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by franudi: 7:21pm On Jun 13
Moshphil:

Thought you guys can survive without oil na, why are you pained bro. I thought you said other tribe will suffer, You don't have to depend on oil to survive .
selling of pure water in traffic will improve your region economy.
Nonsense talk.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Tareq1105: 7:22pm On Jun 13
Okwyjesus:
Good.

Tinubu my man

Dead on arrival. Nigeria will not break under Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Fgovernor: 7:23pm On Jun 13
LordBillionz:

What you stated can be addressed...

The governors ain't aliens and can be approached.
They're voted in by the people and his actions when ruling can influence his stance in the next stage.

But, are you implying that the taxation in the east is terrible compared to Lagos?
For businesses yes
Lagos tax more but you will earn more.
In the East they tax more but you earn less unless for a company already known with such popularity they will earn more money, for the governors are we ready to solve the problem.
For me yes, but for the others they like collecting money and rigging elections in all tiers of government
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by OneNigerianist: 7:25pm On Jun 13
Isn't it even funny that the president of an entire country is openly famzing with his ethnic organisation, and worse yet, accepting a bill that made such a far reaching and denigrating proposal about some sections of the country?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by PHAYOL81: 7:30pm On Jun 13
Hope this ain't another fake new. One had already been,denied, you know.
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by yemmit90: 7:30pm On Jun 13
NwaNimo1:
Shrink govt?

Can't see senators approving.

Nobody can stop it, they are dealing with most intelligent and power politician in Nigeria. I trust him to throw it on referendum if they do nonsense.

I once told some people that Tinubu has only one mission, and the mission is to return the country to regionalism. He is the only politician alive that can do it. I will be the happiest person on earth if that is done.
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Wallade(m): 7:33pm On Jun 13
franudi:
Yorubas are stupid for supporting that the south Easterners be separated from their people while Yorubas be united together. This is not that time Gowon did those nonsense division he did.

Does the man (Fapohunda) who originated the bill speak for Yorubas? How many Yorubas support that the south Easterners be separated from their people?

You see how stupid and ridiculous you are? Your thought process is so flawed that I wonder who trained you and what level of training and exposure that you have

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by DMerciful(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13
Relax, that draft is as dead as dodo
Nonny95:
I thought the National Assembly denied such bill?

Lmao.

I hope you all can see that APC and leadership are two parallel lines.

Party of lies and more lies to cover first lie.
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by LordBillionz: 7:35pm On Jun 13
Fgovernor:

For businesses yes
Lagos tax more but you will earn more.
In the East they tax more but you earn less unless for a company already known with such popularity they will earn more money, for the governors are we ready to solve the problem.
For me yes, but for the others they like collecting money and rigging elections in all tiers of government
Like I said, this can be solved.

If we believe East can work for us, then the governors can be summoned and agreement reached.

This ain't an issue.
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by DMerciful(m): 7:35pm On Jun 13
Tinubu does not have the power or legitimacy to make it scale through
Chigozie321:
Tinubu will turn to legend if this sails through. All his imperfections will be forgotten in a giffy.
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by DMerciful(m): 7:36pm On Jun 13
There will be no regional govt. Gowon and Awolowo killed it in 1967
ILoveNG:
My concern is why are our eastern brothers afraid of regional government?
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Wallade(m): 7:36pm On Jun 13
Dreambeat:
I did not qualify the word Majority. I am sure you did not read where I wrote Majority in Nigeria. I was writing about watering down Igbo majority in the SE/SS region which was the context under which I made the comment
I never mentioned Nigeria

Okay

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by Omoluabi16(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13
Hmmm. In his dreams. The North will NEVER allow this to sail through.
Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by DMerciful(m): 7:38pm On Jun 13
Why are most of you guys ignorant of the limit of the powers of the illegitimate president? Tinubu has no power to approve that draft
Tflex01:
As a governor Tinubu gave more power to the Local Government and even created more (LCDA) because he believed that is the way governance can easily get to the people although this caused a big fight between him and Obasanjo then.

With Tinubu's antecedents, I won't be surprised if he swiftly assent to the bill that will return Nigeria to regional Government but that's going to offend the Northerners a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Receive Draft Bill Seeking Return To Regional Government On Friday by bixton(m): 7:39pm On Jun 13
Josephkabila12:
what do you mean by rule for ever, with regional government your region can be better

That is not a criteria.
If States like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Rivers , Ogun, Kwara, Kogi, Taraba, Abia, Enugu and even the FCT is still not better as single units, is it when they are collapsed bringing about 5-7 States into regions that it will be more better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Full Story Of Dr Ishola Oyenusi The Nigeria Notorious Armed Robber / Rahma Indimi Celebrates Her Daughter's Birthday With Emotional Message (Photo) / Masquerades Join Party Members To Welcome Defectors To APC In Rivers. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.