Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,541 members, 7,885,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:21 AM

Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda (362 Views)

ADF Rebels Attack Private School In Uganda. 42 Dead, Many Injured (graphic) / Police Raid Gay Wedding In Uganda, Arrest 44 / Katumba Wamala’s Daughter & Driver Killed In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by BetterHeadline: 6:06am On Jun 14
A muslim in eastern Uganda is suspected of killing his Christian mother last week by putting pesticide in her food for refusing to leave her Christian faith, a relative said.

SOURCE
Sulaina Nabirye, 50, of Kamuli, Kamuli District, put her faith in Christ on Feb. 10, and since then her 31-year-old son had tried to persuade her to return to Islam, said the relative, whose name is withheld for security reasons.

“During the month of Ramadan, she complained of her son pressuring her to stop attending church and revert back to Islam, since he was studying to become an imam at Bugembe Mosque,” the relative said. “When she refused to convert back to Islam, he stopped visiting her at her house and threatened to chase or even kill her.”

Nabirye’s fears led the source to make frequent visits, praying with and encouraging her to withstand the threats.

“She had peace and joy and was encouraged by the sermons from the pastor,” the source said.

The threats from Nabirye’s son, Arajabu Mukiibi, intensified during Ramadan, and the source was present when Mukiibi visited on April 9 to tell Nabirye that his wife would prepare dinner for them.

“At 7 p.m. he came with food, which he gave to us, and he left,” the relative said. “I was praying and fasting, so I did not eat the food. Shortly after eating the food, Sulaina started vomiting, and then followed diarrhea. I tried what I could, but things were worsening, I called a nearby clinic officer who came with medication. He tried to put her on drip, but all was in vain.”

Nabirye died that night at 2 a.m., April 10. The relative’s bitter weeping and wailing at Nabirye’s death alerted neighbors, who arrived to learn of the tragedy.

The source had the food tested at a medical clinic and discovered that it contained Methanol, a toxic alcohol used as an industrial solvent and pesticide.

“Her son did not come to help his mum,” the relative said. “He and his wife who were living close by did not show up. This made me conclude that he is the one who planned the poisoning.”

Area people have condemned Mukiibi for allegedly taking his mother’s life for becoming Christian and have vowed to take revenge, the source said. Relatives planned to file a report with police.

Nabirye, whose husband died in an auto accident in 2019, is also survived by a second adult child.

Nabirye attended church services every Sunday after putting her faith in Christ, the source said.

“On Feb. 9, I shared with her the Christian faith, and the following day we attended an open-air preaching,” the relative said. “After the preaching, she requested the pastor to prayer for her salvation. She was prayed for and received Jesus as Lord and Savior.”

Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by 1Alex: 6:08am On Jun 14
Can you imagine

3 Likes

Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by hisgrace090: 6:23am On Jun 14
Wrong inductrination spares non, even ones mum.
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by Nukilia: 6:34am On Jun 14
The only religion that has become a cancer to the whole world. If not stopped, more lives would be lost...

2 Likes

Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by ohigus(m): 6:41am On Jun 14
this is a big sign that he is a member of any west African terrorist group .

islam thought us to always hv strong regards for our mom even if they choose different faith, although this is also one of d end time sign cuz people would commit grievous crimes n another group people will quickly judge their actions base on their religion he/she that committed that crime is from.

u can attack me if u want but hv in mind that, what u will hv to say will not stop me from eating my three square meals a day undecided
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by ohigus(m): 6:52am On Jun 14
Nukilia:
The only religion that has become a cancer to the whole world. If not stopped, more lives would be lost...

how do u expect to stop d fast growing religion on earth just bcuz of some people who claim to b Muslim n they're not following d rightfully direction that d religion told'em to follow, to b honest we all hv them in any religion pls do not get me wrong cuz there's nothing that justifies d boys action this is not d teaching of real islam we ar actually in d world where people claimed to be religious than d religion itself.
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by Nukilia: 7:12am On Jun 14
ohigus:

how do u expect to stop d fast growing religion on earth just bcuz of some people who claim to b Muslim n they're not following d rightfully direction that d religion told'em to follow, to b honest we all hv them in any religion pls do not get me wrong cuz there's nothing that justifies d boys action this is not d teaching of real islam we ar actually in d world where people claimed to be religious than d religion itself.

A religion that has left innocent people with the trails of sorrow, tears and blood will definitely self-destruct. Other people who are yet to be consumed must stay alert as we all defend our territories.

3 Likes

Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by Mikespecialone(m): 7:13am On Jun 14
Water 💦 run my eyes
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by ohigus(m): 8:24am On Jun 14
Nukilia:

A religion that has left innocent people with the trails of sorrow, tears and blood will definitely self-destruct. Other people who are yet to be consumed must stay alert as we all defend our territories.

d impression u hv for d religion is actually grievous n that's will never let u see d positive side of it am a proud Muslim n I also came from a family where there's muslims n Christians n there's no discrimination amongst us.
I know d both religion moderately I don't fly above what i don't understand, see I hv been in a mid of some Christian co-work mate n they were insulting some men of God that is pastor n stood against it cuz in another words it was like they were insulting d Christianity so I told'em that they should be reading there scripture more often so they can not be misguided by d men of God cuz nowadays pastors n mallam ar now worshiping d religion more than d religion himself or their heart desires.

nobody be saint, as long as u leave ur life peacefully ur shall continue having peace but if u reluctantly inflict into innocent persons right to life then God will descend on u tenfold of that grievous crimes in return

1 Like

Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by Nukilia: 12:59pm On Jun 14
ohigus:

d impression u hv for d religion is actually grievous n that's will never let u see d positive side of it am a proud Muslim n I also came from a family where there's muslims n Christians n there's no discrimination amongst us.
I know d both religion moderately I don't fly above what i don't understand, see I hv been in a mid of some Christian co-work mate n they were insulting some men of God that is pastor n stood against it cuz in another words it was like they were insulting d Christianity so I told'em that they should be reading there scripture more often so they can not be misguided by d men of God cuz nowadays pastors n mallam ar now worshiping d religion more than d religion himself or their heart desires.

nobody be saint, as long as u leave ur life peacefully ur shall continue having peace but if u reluctantly inflict into innocent persons right to life then God will descend on u tenfold of that grievous crimes in return

Iran comes to mind and the demonstration by Hisbah in the north is a reminder that the fall of Nigeria into the hands of extremists will lead to a complete chaos in our country.
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by bigwig071(m): 4:56pm On Jun 14
ohigus:

can you tell me only one good thing about Muhammad or Islam? Or one single evil that Muhammad didn't commit according to Quran?

1 Like

Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by ohigus(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14
bigwig071:
can you tell me only one good thing about Muhammad or Islam? Or one single evil that Muhammad didn't commit according to Quran?

y ar u judging base on what u heard? although let me answer ur question before u will miss qote my words due to d kind of negative impression u hv towards islam.

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon is d greatest n d most generous man on earth u can Google it at least to hv ur fact not to b judging base on some kind of Muslims people u see out there committing brazen crimes, if I should behave like u I will say christianity is a religion of extortion base on what some of ur pastors out there ar cashing out on their members but am not like that, even though I hv been in a mid of some Christian friends or colleagues where they were arguing with their fellow Christian brothers that most of their pastors ar fake. if u read ur scripture more often u will not b out here judging peoples action base on their religion cuz in every religion u will hv d bad eggs to cause stain to d gud ones .

Concerning d evil aspect I haven't read one single vers in d Quran telling d Muslims to commit evil but if u hv come across that kind of vers in d quran or bible u can let me know so I can make my own research.
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by bigwig071(m): 7:24pm On Jun 14
ohigus:

y ar u judging base on what u heard? although let me answer ur question before u will miss qote my words due to d kind of negative impression u hv towards islam.

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon is d greatest n d most generous man on earth u can Google it at least to hv ur fact not to b judging base on some kind of Muslims people u see out there committing brazen crimes, if I should behave like u I will say christianity is a religion of extortion base on what some of ur pastors out there ar cashing out on their members but am not like that, even though I hv been in a mid of some Christian friends or colleagues where they were arguing with their fellow Christian brothers that most of their pastors ar fake. if u read ur scripture more often u will not b out here judging peoples action base on their religion cuz in every religion u will hv d bad eggs to cause stain to d gud ones .

Concerning d evil aspect I haven't read one single vers in d Quran telling d Muslims to commit evil but if u hv come across that kind of vers in d quran or bible u can let me know so I can make my own research.
I only asked for one good thing about Muhammad or Islam and just one evil Muhammad didn't commit according to Quran.... kill the unbelievers s not evil to you? Having sex with premature girl is not evil to you? Muhammad also married his own adopted son's wife and also married his own sister and all the thing he did according Quran are pure evil look at the world now just tell me one good thing about Muslims? No need shaa the so called Allah said Muslims should lie to strengthen Islam

1 Like

Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by meobizy(f): 9:30pm On Jun 14
Na this story that stupid boy read wey he choose to set scams left and right yesterday.
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by bigwig071(m): 7:43am On Jun 15
Islamic preacher Zakir Naik got into a taxi in London and loudly said to the taxi driver: "Brother, please turn off the radio, because as commanded by the Holy Quran, I am not allowed to listen to music, because in the time of the Prophet there was no music, especially Western music, which is the music of the infidels."

The taxi driver politely turned off the radio, stopped the taxi, and opened the door.
Zakir asked him: "Brother, what are you doing...?"

The taxi driver politely answered: "In the time of the Prophet: there were no taxis; there were no bombs; there were no thefts; there were no loudspeakers in mosques to wake up children, the elderly, or the sick; there were no suicide bombings; there was no AK-47; there was only peace everywhere... So shut up, get out, and wait for your camel..."

1 Like

Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by BetterHeadline: 2:28pm On Jun 15
ohigus:

"O you who believe [in islam]! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they disbelief [in islam] rather than [have] faith. Whoso of you take them for friends, such are wrong-doers"
-Quran 9:23
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by BetterHeadline: 2:29pm On Jun 15
"Some people apostatized after accepting Islam, and... the Messenger of Allah said: 'Whoever changes their [islamic] religion, kill them.'"
-Sunan an-Nasa'i 4060

Other Islamic verses about killing apostates including one's own parent can be found here:
https://reddit.com/r/exmuslim/comments/wghlt2/punishment_for_apostasy_updated_42_sahih_3_hasan/
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by NothingDoMe: 4:10pm On Jun 15
Too bad
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by Nahunger(m): 4:28am On Jun 17
Nna ehn..
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by bigwig071(m): 5:19pm On Jun 17
ohigus:
this is a big sign that he is a member of any west African terrorist group .

islam thought us to always hv strong regards for our mom even if they choose different faith, although this is also one of d end time sign cuz people would commit grievous crimes n another group people will quickly judge their actions base on their religion he/she that committed that crime is from.

u can attack me if u want but hv in mind that, what u will hv to say will not stop me from eating my three square meals a day undecided
you must always lie to strengthen Islam
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by Adaisback(f): 2:39am On Jun 19
God forbid o. May we not give birth to wetin go kill us.
Re: Boy Poisoned His Christian Mother To Death For Leaving Islam In Uganda by Antiislaam(m): 4:21am On Jun 19
Muhammad will be happy with him in grave

(1) (Reply)

Pakistan: Lej Attacks Police Academy In Quetta / BREAKING! '10 Suicide Bombers Coming At Us From All Directions' - Iraqi Soldiers / Hilarious! If US Election Take Place This Will Be Headlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.