Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:28 AM

My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) (20469 Views)

Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote / Dangote: My Refinery Can Save Nigeria $10bn In FX, Generate Another $10bn In Exp / Dangote: My Refinery Will Be Completed By The End Of 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by ApcBacteriafonj: 8:46am On Jun 14
The Chairman of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has said his $20 billion 650,000 barrels per day Lagos-based refinery will crash the price of fuel as it reduced the price of diesel in Nigeria.

Dangote disclosed this at a recent Afreximbank Annual Meetings and AfriCaribbean Trade & Investment Forum in Nassau, The Bahamas.

Asked to speak on whether or not his refinery would crash the pump price of petrol, which sells at an average of N700 per liter, Dangote gave no affirmative answer, explaining how the price of diesel fell from 1,700 to N1,200 when his diesel flooded the Nigerian market.

He noted that his refinery currently has 4.78 billion liters of storage capacity for refined petroleum products.

“The issue of gasoline is certainly a different issue. That one is being dealt with by the government. But let me give you an example. In diesel, which the industries, transporters and everybody consume; when we first started, it was N1,700, and the dollar conversion was about N1,200 then. Immediately when we started, within two weeks we brought down the price to N1,000. We took it from N1,700 to N1,200 and from N1,200 to N1,700, we have given more than a 60 percent drop in price.

With the currency now back up to about N1,500 per dollar, the price is still below N1,200. That’s a big improvement, from N1,700 to N1,200. And the diesel is available, we are not living from hand to mouth anymore,” Dangote replied when asked about a possible petrol price cut.

“The country doesn’t have strategic reserves in terms of petrol, which is very dangerous. But in our plant now, when you came, we had only 4.78 billion liters of various tankage capacity. But right now, we’re adding another 600 million.

So effectively, as we go forward, the refinery will be the strategic reserve of the country in terms of petroleum products,” he noted.

Dangote alleged that the reason why international oil companies refused to sell crude oil to his refinery was that they did not want him to succeed.

“And I think that is the process that we’re now really going through. But the truth is that, yes, the country, the sub-region, and also the continent, of sub-Saharan Africa, need this refinery. So, you expect them to fight through non-supply of crude, non-purchase of the product, but I think it’s all temporary. We’ll get there,” he added.

Recall that Dangote Refinery turned to the US for 24 million barrels of crude supply monthly.
Consequently, the refinery shifted the date to commence supply of fuel to July 10–15, 2024, from June.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/14/my-refinery-will-reduce-fuel-price-in-nigeria-dangote/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by ApcBacteriafonj: 8:52am On Jun 14
Asked to speak on whether or not his refinery would crash the pump price of petrol, which sells at an average of N700 per liter, Dangote gave no affirmative answer, explaining how the price of diesel fell from 1,700 to N1,200 when his diesel flooded the Nigerian market.
Dangote dodge answering the question, business man grin grin grin grin grin

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by jumper524(m): 9:29am On Jun 14
The refinery bringing down the price of fuel would end subsidy and the scam associated with it.
The 2.2 billion world bank loan should be able to stabilize our economy and end the dangerous continuous inflation we face daily.

But then the last stage of problem is security.
Zamfara governor clearly said they arrested bandits with gun, they confessed their crimes only for them to be released by a judge in Abuja.

Dear undercover reporters, can you please help us accestain why our very own federal govt who promised to end insecurity are sabotaging themselves in the fight against mad people who just kidnap and kill people for no reason?
These people have hurt farmers, hurt the economy and are bringing the countries to its knees yet the victims are freeing them.

I don't want to take media analysis for an answer, please someone with more matured and deeper information should please help us answer why our leaders are freeing those sabotaging their country.
Are they benefiting from those people more than the good will of the masses?

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by ObaOfBeninNahMu: 9:31am On Jun 14
God bless dangote,some miscreants will soon be here to blame Dangote for their family problem. Awon waste products

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by kedeojo(m): 10:10am On Jun 14
ApcBacteriafonj:
Dangote dodge answering the question, business man grin grin grin grin grin
Do you understand English at all. A smart thinker I should have decode that. If diesel that fell from 1700 to 1200, then you should know petrol will also fall from the current price. Must he mentioned the amount. Petrol from his refinery will sell between 300 to 400 at a start and comes down lower in due course. You people said the refinery will never work but has God have it, you guys are been shamed now. If it reduces to even 400, it will have positive effects on the economy, because petrol is tied to many things unlike diesel. Most transport vehicles run on petrol, small scale businesses also run on petrol.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by princepeter566: 10:17am On Jun 14
This is the best lie I've heard in a long while

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by CharleyBright(m): 10:18am On Jun 14
I am tired of reading these hypey headlines about Dangote refineries and yet I continue to buy fuel at exorbitant prices.
Dangote should put his fuel in the market and reduce the price for the masses OR shut the fvck up make we rest.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Bullfallo(m): 10:27am On Jun 14
Misleading topic. He didn’t answer the question. Dangote has been running away from petrol.

The only way petrol and diesel will come down is if bala blue will bring the exchange rate at least back to where he met it.it would take 6-7 month’s for trust and stability to return. Even if naira gain strength and fuel come down things will not come down over night. It would take constituency and prelong stability for people to develop trust in the naira before bringing price down.

5 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by BlackfireX: 10:33am On Jun 14
Like you reduced cement and others you took monopoly over

grin
Anyway agabados will believe you

7 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Gbogbowa: 11:28am On Jun 14
kedeojo:
Do you understand English at all. A smart thinker I should have decode that. If diesel that fell from 1700 to 1200, then you should know petrol will also fall from the current price. Must he mentioned the amount. Petrol from his refinery will sell between 300 to 400 at a start and comes down lower in due course. You people said the refinery will never work but has God have it, you guys are been shamed now. If it reduces to even 400, it will have positive effects on the economy, because petrol is tied to many things unlike diesel. Most transport vehicles run on petrol, small scale businesses also run on petrol.
if Dangote will sell fuel For 400 he will mention that with all pride,my friend that works with the refinery told me yesterday that they are going to sell between 550 to 650 naira with the current exchange rate depending on where they are getting the crude from

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Sheuns(m): 11:43am On Jun 14
Ideally, the price should drop. I’m not expecting a massive drop but it should hover around 400 Naira per litre.
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Righthussle: 11:45am On Jun 14
Shift Oga.

2 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Oghene86: 11:47am On Jun 14
ApcBacteriafonj:
The Chairman of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has said his $20 billion 650,000 barrels per day Lagos-based refinery will crash the price of fuel as it reduced the price of diesel in Nigeria.

Dangote disclosed this at a recent Afreximbank Annual Meetings and AfriCaribbean Trade & Investment Forum in Nassau, The Bahamas.

He noted that his refinery currently has 4.78 billion liters of storage capacity for refined petroleum products.

“The issue of gasoline is certainly a different issue. That one is being dealt with by the government. But let me give you an example. In diesel, which the industries, transporters and everybody consume; when we first started, it was N1,700, and the dollar conversion was about N1,200 then. Immediately when we started, within two weeks we brought down the price to N1,000. We took it from N1,700 to N1,200 and from N1,200 to N1,700, we have given more than a 60 percent drop in price.

“With the currency now back up to about N1,500 per dollar, the price is still below N1,200. That’s a big improvement, from N1,700 to N1,200. And the diesel is available, we are not living from hand to mouth anymore,” Dangote replied when asked about a possible petrol price cut.

Asked to speak on whether or not his refinery would crash the pump price of petrol, which sells at an average of N700 per liter, Dangote gave no affirmative answer, explaining

“The country doesn’t have strategic reserves in terms of petrol, which is very dangerous. But in our plant now, when you came, we had only 4.78 billion liters of various tankage capacity. But right now, we’re adding another 600 million.

“So effectively, as we go forward, the refinery will be the strategic reserve of the country in terms of petroleum products,” he noted.

Dangote alleged that the reason why international oil companies refused to sell crude oil to his refinery was that they did not want him to succeed.
“And I think that is the process that we’re now really going through. But the truth is that, yes, the country, the sub-region, and also the continent, of sub-Saharan Africa, need this refinery. So, you expect them to fight through non-supply of crude, non-purchase of the product, but I think it’s all temporary. We’ll get there,” he added.

Recall that Dangote Refinery turned to the US for 24 million barrels of crude supply monthly.
Consequently, the refinery shifted the date to commence supply of fuel to July 10–15, 2024, from June.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/14/my-refinery-will-reduce-fuel-price-in-nigeria-dangote/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews

Oga Dangote let's see the fuel tired of all these talks, I spent 3 or more hrs trying to buy fuel at NNPC for N591

3 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Afamsi: 11:55am On Jun 14
Ok that is why your partners the govt has increased it massively so that you will come and reduce it small and appear like a nice guy. Kwantinu

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Islie: 12:22pm On Jun 14
My refinery will reduce fuel price in Nigeria – Dangote

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/14/my-refinery-will-reduce-fuel-price-in-nigeria-dangote/

Nlfpmod
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Anguldi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 14
1K/L tongue
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by saddler: 12:47pm On Jun 14
Too much talk

A refinery that Buhari commissioned and over 1 year later even one drop of fuel haven't been refined.

4 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 12:47pm On Jun 14
Same way you reduced the price of cement?

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Zyzxx10: 12:47pm On Jun 14
Let's wait and see.
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by GeneralOjukwu: 12:47pm On Jun 14
grin

Watch as Dem Dem will come here to cry grin

3 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by jyz200(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14
God bless dangote
God bless Jagaban
God bless well meaning Nigerians
Nigeria would be great again

Some certain group of people will not like this news
Always looking bad news to wail on

4 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by EmilyRimmella: 12:48pm On Jun 14
Let it reduce it oo, before all of us will die in this country

1 Like

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Akfrenzy(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14
Werey
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Afokesco(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14
lol....e join wey make Nigeria hard
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by ShootThemAll(f): 12:49pm On Jun 14
😅🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅😅🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅😅😅😅😅😅😅
Same way he said about
1) Cement
2) Sugar
3) Spaghetti
4) Salt, Fertilizers etc😅

Believe him at your own peril...

6 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by chikason22(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14
This criminal in colusion with our useless leaders rulers wants to monopolize the petroleum sector same way he did with other sector. Is your cement cheap despite producing it here in Nigeria.
Ogun Kee you there. Useless thief
😡😡😡😡

Quote me anyhow and become unfortunate. This Idiot is Nigeria number one problem followed closely by our thieving politicians. BASTARDS
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by EnglishUsa: 12:49pm On Jun 14
Mk
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Segzy19: 12:50pm On Jun 14
Once he begins to sell his petrol, maybe you should be asking the fuel attendants whether their fuel is from Dangote refinery so that you can avoid it

saddler:
Too much talk

A refinery that Buhari commissioned and over 1 year later even one drop of fuel haven't been refined.

2 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by dominique(f): 12:50pm On Jun 14
Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Rumundele(m): 12:50pm On Jun 14
You talk more than action. You don't need to tell us let it work haba.
Tired of too much talk
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by EnglishUsa: 12:50pm On Jun 14
Please leave the fuel price as it is and use the money you got from selling higher price to subsidize electricity tariff in Nigeria
Re: My Refinery Will Reduce Fuel Price In Nigeria – Dangote ( Pic ) by Omoawoke: 12:50pm On Jun 14
Then do it!

We are tired of “it will”

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / The Palms Shopping Mall Has Finally Opened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.