Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,071 members, 7,933,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:55 AM

We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) (1781 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo With Tukur Mamu, Arrested Bandits' Negotiator (Throwback Photo / Why We Arrested Senator Okorocha - Police / Government May Swap Abducted Kagara Schoolchildren For Arrested Bandits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by anonymous1759(m): 1:15pm On Jun 14
Regionalism will end insecurity!
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Brendaniel: 2:19pm On Jun 14
Blue3k:

Ok so you don't know the rule you're citing? It seems you're unable or unwilling to answer the question. I will just assume the state can just prosecute and jail them under the current laws until someone presents evidence to the contrary. The FG isn't going to break criminals out of prison or say the state can't prosecute them. Lol that make too obvious they work hand snd glove with them. They follow rule of law when it benefits them.

You are so funny, who controls the police that arrests and prosecutes?
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by franchasofficia: 2:26pm On Jun 14
Paystack:
South And North were never meant to be together.

We are totally different in every way.

If south existed alone.... we would have been like South Africa at worst
Yorubas wont let that happen because their envy and hatred for Igbos will always push them to want to dominate everything without thinking about justice, equity and fairness just as they are currently doing today of which Igbos dare they will cry blood and call Igbos every unprintable names
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Blue3k(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14
Brendaniel:

You are so funny, who controls the police that arrests and prosecutes?

You're shifting the goal post now. The police are federal agents. The states and federal government lawyers both prosecute. States prosecutors try criminals everyday. Most criminals are state law offenders. This means the police already bring these criminals to the state. The state chooses to hand them over as you've read.
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Brendaniel: 2:59pm On Jun 14
Blue3k:

You're shifting the goal post now. The police are federal agents. The states and federal government lawyers both prosecute. States prosecutors try criminals everyday. Most criminals are state law offenders. This means the police already bring these criminals to the state. The state chooses to hand them over as you've read.

That's why I am telling you straight that if the federal takes over a decision that bothers on security matters, the state is powerless, that is the law for you because the states do not control the security agencies, not even the prisons..

The states chooses to hand them over by who?

The same police controlled by the federal, the state cannot arrest without the backing of the police(federal) and for prosecution it is still the police that does that for the state, so whatever advise they give the state is what they follow.

As it stands no state has the power without the police(federal) to arrest and prosecute...
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Blue3k(m): 3:54pm On Jun 14
Brendaniel:

That's why I am telling you straight that if the federal takes over a decision that bothers on security matters, the state is powerless, that is the law for you because the states do not control the security agencies, not even the prisons..

The states chooses to hand them over by who?

The same police controlled by the federal, the state cannot arrest without the backing of the police(federal) and for prosecution it is still the police that does that for the state, so whatever advise they give the state is what they follow.

As it stands no state has the power without the police(federal) to arrest and prosecute...

States do control prisons they own. They don't own federal prisons. Nobody is stopping them from building their own. The states handed them over to the federal government to prosecute. Again it's also debatable whether they can legislate bail requirements since prisons are in the concurrent list.

The police don't prosecute cases. Lawyers from the ministry of justice prosecute cases. The police supply evidence for prosecution. The only fact you have correct is the police arrest suspects.
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Tochi3(m): 4:01pm On Jun 14
..one Nijeria.. grin grin
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Brendaniel: 4:14pm On Jun 14
Blue3k:

States do control prisons they own. They don't own federal prisons. Nobody is stopping them from building their own. The states handed them over to the federal government to prosecute. Again it's also debatable whether they can legislate bail requirements since prisons are in the concurrent list.

The police don't prosecute cases. Lawyers from the ministry of justice prosecute cases. The police supply evidence for prosecution. The only fact you have correct is the police arrest suspects.

The Nigerian Correctional Service, formerly known as Nigerian Prison Service, is a government agency of Nigeria which operates prisons. The agency is headquartered in Abuja, and it is under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior and the Civil Defence Immigration and Correctional Service.

All prisons in Nigeria are controlled by the FG regardless of who builds it, you are wrong, you can fact check me...

On the matter of prosecuting matters it is done by the police, you are wrong on this too, please read the entire article below, I would have loved to explain more now but please read the article below first.
https://thenigerialawyer.com/prosecution-of-criminal-cases-by-the-nigeria-police-issues-problems-and-prospects-by-zebedee-arekhandia-esq/
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Blue3k(m): 9:11pm On Jun 14
Brendaniel:

All prisons in Nigeria are controlled by the FG regardless of who builds it, you are wrong, you can fact check me...

On the matter of prosecuting matters it is done by the police, you are wrong on this too, please read the entire article below, I would have loved to explain more now but please read the article below first.
https://thenigerialawyer.com/prosecution-of-criminal-cases-by-the-nigeria-police-issues-problems-and-prospects-by-zebedee-arekhandia-esq/

You didn't look up the constitutional amendment from four years ago? Stop living in the past. The prisons aren't in the exclusive lost. You've been debunked.

It seems you've never stepped inside a court room in your life. You're an ignorant guy but you're not a bad guy. I still don't understand how you don't know how your legal system works. You've been debunked again by the Lagos ministry of justice website.

https://lagosstatemoj.org/public-prosecution/#

PS: I'm not going to do the other 35 states. Just look up department of public prosecution in your state and you'll get the same information.

Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Brendaniel: 2:03am On Jun 15
Blue3k:

You didn't look up the constitutional amendment from four years ago? Stop living in the past. The prisons aren't in the exclusive lost. You've been debunked.

It seems you've never stepped inside a court room in your life. You're an ignorant guy but you're not a bad guy. I still don't understand how you don't know how your legal system works. You've been debunked again by the Lagos ministry of justice website.

https://lagosstatemoj.org/public-prosecution/#

PS: I'm not going to do the other 35 states. Just look up department of public prosecution in your state and you'll get the same information.

Thanks for the awareness as I can see that the laws were just changed not long ago and most states have not adjusted to the new laws, reason it looks like it still exists, as for the prosecution, I had a personal experience of prosecution of armed robbers who attacked my family at home in 2015 after they were arrested, from the arrests to the transfer to prisons and the court, we were called as witnesses for prosecution by the police prosecution team to speak in the court, the police handled everything ....
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Cassandraloius: 2:50am On Jun 15
Hmmmm.... Once a terrorist, always a terro....
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Shikini: 3:27am On Jun 15
Serious allegations
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Iamanoited: 4:01am On Jun 15
LORD HAVE MERCY.
Re: We Arrested Bandits They Were Granted Bail Yesterday -zamfara Governor (video) by Mbanda(m): 8:18am On Jun 15
Yourprick:

He spoke in hausa
https://x.com/AM_Saleeeem/status/1801351040475844636?t=FpMqJdR0-Ky5O-p7DvggVA&s=19
Can you imagine the rubbish and after all these shenanigans, they will come out and call Igbos "enemies of Nigeria".

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Asiwaju & Patch Patch CBN Gov Should Be Doing? Zambia Has Taken A Clue! / President Kufour: Adenuga Is Africa’s No.1 Businessman / Pastor In Agony: Detained For Weeks Over Allegation Of Sponsoring Massob After B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.