Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,745 members, 7,879,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:28 PM

How To Know If The Love Is Real - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know If The Love Is Real (219 Views)

So Being Näk3d No Longer Means Anythin? Lady Goes Näkëd To Prove Her A$$ Is Real / She Gives Me The Love I Deserve" 17yrs Old Lesbian Shares Love Up Photo With Bae / 5 Things To Do For You To Know If He Deserves You Or Not - Bamisepeter's Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If The Love Is Real by Bonab: 11:59am On Jun 14
It is painful to be the only one in love. In such situations you would notice that you're the only one working hard to see the relationship succeed. The other partner would make promises yet they would break it, So you wonder if they really love you or they're faking it. the following points are how you can know they love you.

1) They include you in their plans(both present and future plans).

One way you can know that they love you is that they include you in their plans. If they are talking about the future without you in it ,my dear, you are on your own. When you really love somebody you plan for them as you are planning for yourself, because you are seeing a great future together with them.

2) Level of commitment
Commitment is a decision to love somebody in their good times and in even in their worst days. I know of a guy, that had issues with his girlfriend and for some days they were not talking. So one day, the lady called the guy to pick her school fees receipt that she forgot in his house. The guy refused to pick her calls ,and even ignored her messages just because they had little issue. Eventually she missed that exam. A guy who is committed in that relationship would go out of his way to help out despite their issues. It shows that you still love them despite their flaws. You don't love people only when they do what you like, you also show love to them even when they don't live up to your expectations. Commitment goes beyond how you feel,it is that even if you don't feel like loving that person because they did you wrong,but you still have to because you are committed to that person.

3) Trust

Trust is the glue that binds love, without it there's no love. If they still hide so many things from you despite proving to them that you can be trusted,it means that that love is not real. Such person can still change their mind about you and dump you.

4) Sacrifice and Giving.

If they love you they will show it by how much they can sacrifice and give. By giving I don't mean only material things,though it is inclusive. Someone can sacrifice their time,their energy,their connections/network,their resources for you because they really love you. But you don't judge their love by how expensive the gift they gave you is, because sometimes they don't have enough themselves. Also not all gifts shows that they really love you, because some can buy your loyalty with money or sexually enslave you using money. So the love behind the giving is what matters and not necessarily the gifts.

If they have and cannot give,it shows that they don't really love you. If they are nice to you only when you give them money or buy them gifts, but changes when you can't afford to, they don't love you.

4) Protection and affirmation.

I know a guy back in my school days that was dating a lady. This guy has never introduced him to us(his friends) as his girlfriend. He always hangs out with her only at night and when one of us made a silly joke mocking her,he didn't defend her but also laughed. He avoided being seen with her in public. Eventually the lady broke up with him. If they're not proud of you before others, my dear they don't really love you. If they are only nice to you when they need sex but changes after sex,my dear they don't really love you.

A person who loves you will be proud of you anywhere. They'll defend you before friends and family. They'll affirm and reaffirm their love for you, without seeing it as a burden. You may not be the most handsome or beautiful but they'll treat you like one.

5) loyalty and Support

How can someone say they love you and not support you. If they're threatened by your goals and dreams that is a big red flag. Support can be moral, emotional, intellectual, material, motivational, encouragement etc.

6) Attitude

How they treat you or react to things that concerns you can really show how truly they love you. You can't treat people as trash and say you love them. If they love you they would treat you with respect and dignity. They won't start insulting you over a little mistake. They would make effort to make you happy. They would listen and respond positively to your pains and heartache.

In conclusion,note that sex is not an evidence of true love especially to a man. A man can have sex with you because he has the urge to have sex,without attaching any emotions to it. Also gifts can be given for different reasons besides as an expression of love. Finally, you don't expect people to bear all your financial burdens because they love you, it shows that you have a sense of entitlement to things that are not yours and that you're irresponsible. They can only support based on what they can afford.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It Was Love At First Sight! He Kissed Her And Wept For Joy! Lessons For Women! / What Is Life / How To Choose Fabulous Wedding Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.