Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,528 members, 7,885,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria (25613 Views)

SA Celebrates 100 Days Of No Power Cuts (PICS) / Gaza To Run Out Of Power Around 12pm UK Time Following Complete Siege By Israel / Lebanon Runs Out Of Power , India And China To Follow ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by Truthsandtrusts: 9:09pm On Jun 14
Tokskob2008:
Lol see life..
They are always the first to beef naija on electricity levels yet they are owing same country that provides them gas for electricity on credit grin

Not really their fault though cos I don't understand why I will have something which I don't enjoy it's maximum usage in my house only for me to turn around and sell it to my next door neighbour who will be enjoying it well, worst still won't pay for it.

Now you all know Nigeria has Level na we dey destroy our lovely country with bad names, obidients especially
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by PHAYOL81: 9:21pm On Jun 14
That's gonn be awful
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by Teeklef(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14
Winnin009:

My bro, e go better for you just for the sake of say you reply with πŸ˜‚

But where you no try be say, na just one πŸ˜‚ you put. E suppose reach 50.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I almost fall from chair just now.
I do that so as to avoid offending some people here at times. Silence is goldenπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by d142475: 10:58pm On Jun 14
If only we knew how our government in Nigeria short changes us in favour of foreign nations. Ghana has been getting gas from Nigeria for free for years. They have been owing us money, but nobody said anything, probably because they (the Ghanaians) have been bribing a few corrupt Nigerian officials to look the other way while they get gas supply from us for free. This is just the tip of the ice berg. You also remember the "Nigeria Air" saga where the then minister of aviation wanted to sell the whole Nigerian aviation sector to Ethiopian Airline to the detriment of our own airline? How about fuel subsidy? We literally subsidize fuel for contiguous West African countries. Trillions of Naira to "help" other African countries. What about electricity? It'd shock you that we supply electricity to Togo and Benin Republic while our own country wallows in darkness. What about oil and mineral theft? Our officials collude with multinationals to steal billions of dollars worth of oil and mineral from our shores everyday.
sometimes I wish God gave me super power for just thirty seconds. Every politician and those who have turned Nigeria to a den of misery will be crushed and their flesh will be fed to dogs, pigs, and vultures.
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by odehaj: 11:04pm On Jun 14
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by ufotunang: 11:10pm On Jun 14
And we nigeria we supply Ghana gas...and we in Nigeria we experience shortage of gas to power our own electricity generating power plant which lead to lack of constant power electricity supply....... nawaoooo πŸ™„
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by starstaz(m): 11:21pm On Jun 14
Ajim maczy must publish this story. Food don land on utube.
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by flokii: 11:48pm On Jun 14
Na now Ghanians go get sense.. they are owing us so much yet getting gas consistently to generate power to charge their phones and then go online to attack same Nigeria they owe huge debt from gas supply.
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by Sniper101(m): 12:42am On Jun 15
they call us Generator Republic
we will soon tag them as Lantern Republic
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by viodemus: 1:36am On Jun 15
They have now diverted SE and SS resources to Morocco. How did they have so.much gas to gove ghana, Togo, niger, and now Morocco, for their industrial and domestic use.

The SE and SS are blessed. National resources warehouse.
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by Love800(m): 6:30am On Jun 15
Is not about they can do without us.
What are we doing with our gas?

Atleast, ghana paid for the gas.
OgidiHerbals2:
They can't do without us and they always see as rival
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by Love800(m): 6:36am On Jun 15
But their light hours is still better than nigeria's own.
StreetFight:

Have you been to Ghana? No part of Ghana gets 24 hours power, not even their Presidential residence
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by Middleborn: 9:14am On Jun 15
The Niger Delta region of Nigeria is probably the richest region in the whole of west Africa. With deposits of crude oil and even much more natural gas under the land.

When a region holds so much resources, people fight to possess the region. This is how the fight for resources started when the British made their way through the Atlantic into the Niger Delta in the early 1800's. They were in search for resources and they knew the rich deposits under the land in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria.

The Fulani jihadist also made their way into Nigeria from Sokoto in the 1820, these were seeking for new territories to capture, they were land grabbers. As they conquered and headed south, they saw the lush green vegetations and knew they could have it all, in time, they met with the British in Lokoja. There was a small battle which ended when the British were able to come to an understanding with them.

For the British, it was purely business. They needed resources to fight wars and dominate the world. For the Fulani jihadists, it was finding more lands, especially lush green lands for their cattle and grabbing those lands by killing the inhabitants.

I don't know whether at this point you get where I'm going?
Nigeria started as a business venture. It was the resources in the richest part of west Africa - the Niger Delta that captured the interest of the forces at play today. This foundation I tell you is not good for a country. Since then, it has been business as usual. Exploration and exploitation...people getting rich over the resources and very little or nothing about improving the lives of the people. What about the people indigenous to these lands that have the rich deposits? They don't even have the voice to say "enough, i want to use my land as a see fit." The law of the country has put shackles on them.

So anyone who thinks Nigeria will one day be better should think again. When a house has a bad foundation, you don't continue to build upon the house, you destroy it and start from the foundation. Until we stop the exploration and exploitation system, we're all going downhill. But this cannot stop because the people in Nigeria are powerless. Theres so much money in the resources that the actors will do anything to keep it.

We are doomed for eternity.
If you have the means, just japa.
Re: Ghana Announces 3 Weeks Of Power Cuts Due To Reduction In Gas From Nigeria by JagabanB: 2:07pm On Jun 15
bemeruca:

Its not free abi? Nigeria should tell them no credit, come tomorrow
Ghana can't pay, that's the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Auchan Says Leaving Russia Over Ukrainian Crisis Is Unhumane And Unfair To Staff / Man Banned From Twitter For Death Threat Against Mosquito In Japan / Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.