Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,513 members, 7,968,387 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 06:28 AM

Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki (14681 Views)

2023: Why We Adopted Peter Obi As Our Candidate – Middlebelt Forum / APGA: Soludo Remains Our Candidate For Anambra State Governorship Election / Kano Governorship Election: Declare Our Candidate Winner To Avoid Violence - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Nemere2020: 7:07pm On Jun 14
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, John Mayaki, has described the party’s flag bearer in the 21 September governorship election in the State, Senator Monday Okpebholo as a “difficult-to-sell candidate”.

Mayaki who was head of the media team of the Tinubu/Shettima campaign organization in Edo, stated this on Friday while speaking at the 5th edition of the Mayaki’s Roundtable with Friends in the Media.

Speaking on the theme: “Party Supremacy, Competence, and the Future of Edo State”, Mayaki recalled that former Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, took a decision to work against his party presidential candidate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar in the last general election.

He added that what matters to him now is the development of Edo and not party supremacy.

According to him, “We all know that in party politics, the party is supreme, but what will your reaction be, if presented with a difficult-to-sell candidate for an election?

“As a committed progressive, how will you react when presented with a candidate who has no clear ideology or manifesto, who is likely to set the state back 20 years?

“Lets consider this classical case and a more recent one. The party is supreme but former Governor of Rivers State and now Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike took a decision to work against his party presidential candidate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar in the last general election and was proudly appreciated by President Bola Tinubu who is the leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“That simply tells you that even Mr. President who is a core party man appreciates people who went out of their way to support a better and credible candidate to emerge as president, irrespective of party affiliation.”

The former Tinubu/Shettima campaign spokesman in Edo opined that the candidate with the carriage, clout and charisma befitting of a Governor should be voted, irrespective of party affiliation.

He said: “For me therefore, I have made up my mind to commit myself to encouraging my numerous supporters across the state, especially in my local government area, ward, and unit, that they vote for the candidate who will best develop the state, regardless of political affiliation. I mean a man who has the carriage, clout and charisma befitting of a Governor.

“In this governorship election, it will not be about party. It will be about the man who will help us develop this state. That’s the man myself and my supporters will vote for.

“My party at the state level is currently factionalized and fragmented, but that’s not the issue for discussion today. What matters to me now is the development of Edo State and not party supremacy. Who will lead us to the promised land? Who has the capacity, competence, connections, experience, and sincerity to provide the leadership needed to tackle the enormous challenges in governance and take the state out of the woods?

“My candidate is the man we can all trust. The man who has networks and connections both home and abroad. The man with ‘moral’ or ethical reputation, not a novice to governance system. This man is not of the APC stock because irrespective of party supremacy, the future of Edo state is more supreme in my heart. My first commitment is to the state while the party is secondary.”

He, therefore called on Edo people “to embrace the candidate who has demonstrated competence and the ability to govern the state, regardless of party affiliation, in the upcoming September 21st governorship election in Edo State.”

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2024/06/14/my-partys-candidate-in-edo-gov-election-difficult-to-sell-apc-chieftain/

6 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by tuki: 7:17pm On Jun 14
Money indeed is a ruler

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by NaMe4: 7:23pm On Jun 14
A more credible running mate should have been sought. The pair may be difficult to sell.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Kwaramustgoodag: 7:24pm On Jun 14
I just sha know say Nigerians are da*ft when it comes to select who will rule them.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Kwaramustgoodag: 7:27pm On Jun 14
We worship short time money to vote wrong person to rule us, than having good rulers that won't spend much but have better plans.

7 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by 0001Lagos: 7:36pm On Jun 14
Lol

Dem don smell defeat even before the election . Truly, Edo no be Lagos cheesy

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Kickkick: 8:10pm On Jun 14
APC again?

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Peacecore: 8:27pm On Jun 14
Make I rush go check his name on the campaign council list.
Pls wait...
Not found
Reason: Painment grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by TheDon44: 8:33pm On Jun 14
May God help us

1 Like

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Jestin: 8:33pm On Jun 14
Asuen is the next Governor of Edo State

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by GeneralOjukwu: 8:34pm On Jun 14
grin

Which kin political harakiri (suicide) is this mumbo jumbo (nonsense) ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by AllTheWayUp: 8:36pm On Jun 14
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, John Mayaki, has described the party’s flag bearer in the 21 September governorship election in the State, Senator Monday Okpebholo as a “difficult-to-sell candidate”.

grin grin grin
Mayaki, one of Oshiomole's right right hand man for over 20 years has also echoed what we have been saying.
We have told APC zombies on Nairaland that don't live in Edo state that Asue Ighodalo has already won the election, he has no rival in the upcoming Edo state Governorship election.
Even the picking of Osarodion Ogie by Edo state PDP was another masterstroke, that will deliver nothing less than 80% of the Edo South votes, APC deputy candidate Denco is not no match and paper weight to Osarodion Ogie when it comes to Edo South and Benin politics.
Are Ighodalo and Osarodion Ogie will win overwhelming in Edo South and Edo Central, and lose marginally in Edo North to be declared and returned elected as Governor and Deputy Governor...Quote me anywhere

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by VinnyBaba: 8:37pm On Jun 14
Lols.

Normal Levels.

APC as a Party is Filled with Questionable Characters Politicians. undecided

A Party where Ganduje the Kano CRIMINAL is the Chairman and Certificate FORGER Tinibu is president. sad shocked

17 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Port443: 8:37pm On Jun 14
A party that left Osibanjo to pick Tinubu, is that not a disaster?? APC seems like they have a vendetta with Nigeria

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by GeneralOjukwu: 8:37pm On Jun 14
The ugliest man in Edo will be voted for.

Na wetin una teach me for Nairaland. grin

1 Like

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Honestey: 8:38pm On Jun 14
Gbam! APC lost already

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by crossfm: 8:39pm On Jun 14
Hehehe.

Trust Nigerian politicians at your peril.
They can even betray themselves grin tongue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Ensa777(f): 8:40pm On Jun 14
Evil party from your pres..t to the Govs are the same grin

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by datola: 8:40pm On Jun 14
Ah
Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by slivertongue: 8:40pm On Jun 14
the party’s flag bearer in the 21 September governorship election in the State, Senator Monday Okpebholo as a “difficult-to-sell candidate”.

“My candidate is the man we can all trust. The man who has networks and connections both home and abroad. The man with ‘moral’ or ethical reputation, not a novice to governance system. This man is not of the APC stock because irrespective of party supremacy, the future of Edo state is more supreme in my heart. My first commitment is to the state while the party is secondary.”

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Runaway: 8:40pm On Jun 14
I hope the kobo kobo supporters will be reading this......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by AllTheWayUp: 8:42pm On Jun 14
NaMe4:
A more credible running mate should have been sought. The pair may be difficult to sell.
PDP will clear at least 80% of the local Governments in Edo South (Bini) again, Denco the Deputy Governorship candidate of APC is no match at any level of politics, influence, grassroots mobilization for OSARODION OGIE, the PDP deputy Governorship candidate and current Edo state SSG....APC Nairaland zombies that don't stay in Edo state can quote me
Edo state SSG Osarodion Ogie is currently best grassroot politician and mobilizer in the entire Edo state for the past 10 years nobody comes near him

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by NOwazobia: 8:42pm On Jun 14
Kwaramustgoodag:
I just sha know say Nigerians are da*ft when it comes to select who will rule them.
Very daft

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by omoredia: 8:42pm On Jun 14
The quality of apc candidates dey shame me.

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Xscape1993(m): 8:42pm On Jun 14
The evil party call APC is a big curse to humanity.

8 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Gboom: 8:42pm On Jun 14
If you a see a staunch member of a political party talking like this, it is either they sideline or scheme him out of events or they have given him a chance to manage campaign fund

8 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Mindlog: 8:43pm On Jun 14
They should use Tinubu to market their candidate. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Chikel20000(m): 8:43pm On Jun 14
Wetin be dis?
Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by omoredia: 8:43pm On Jun 14
Sentiment aside LP candidate is the best. The choice is ours to make now

7 Likes

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:44pm On Jun 14
Only foooools & bastaaards will ever vote anything APC in any part of Nigeria again!

cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by RenaissanceGuy: 8:45pm On Jun 14
The same man who's currently a senator?? Well, it's the season of intra-party demarketing — collect money from the opposition and condemn your party's candidate gringrin.
Re: Edo: Our candidate lacks Ethics, Difficult To market - APC Chieftain, Mayaki by Godons1: 8:46pm On Jun 14
Another lies and propaganda sponsored by the worst Governor in Nigeria, Governor Obaseki. Since he has nothing to use and campaign, he has resulted to propagating lies against other candidates.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015 General Elections Won’t Be Postponed – Goodluck Jonathan / 20,000 PDP Members Join APC In Cross River / Ben Murray-Bruce Wins PDP Bayelsa East Senatorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.