Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,720 members, 7,889,298 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:20 AM

Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations (8647 Views)

Abiodun Diverted Ogun LGs’ Allocations, N10.8bn Bailout, Wale Adedayo Alleges / FG, States, LGs Share ₦547 Bilion As May Federation Allocation / FAAC: FG, States, LGs Share ₦606 Billion For April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations by Khyrvxjzy: 3:34pm On Jun 15
t
Re: Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations by Lumig: 4:10pm On Jun 15
You're just talking
Re: Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations by TEYA: 4:33pm On Jun 15
FreeStuffsNG:

That's unconstitutional. It has been decided by the Supreme Court.

They can not legislate for other tiers of government.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Lol minimum wage cannot be legislated upon and some governors decide to be paying far less. It is a federal law that supercedes the oppressive law of any state that conflicts with it.
Re: Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations by REALretep(m): 4:45pm On Jun 15
FreeStuffsNG:

That's unconstitutional. It has been decided by the Supreme Court.

They can not legislate for other tiers of government.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
What exactly is unconstitutional?
The National Assembly has the constitutional powers to set a minimum wage to be obeyed by all governmental and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
I only hope they will walk the talk and not bow to pressure from state governors and organized private sector
Re: Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations by MomohMrMoore: 5:11pm On Jun 15
Lol. the law making body dont even know anything about law. FG or the Assembly cannot remove a dime or stop states allocations. The constitution is clear on that. Its not FG money to share or not. Its the whole country money and the sharing is in the constitution. They will lose in court and pay damages if they try it.
Re: Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations by Isokiscool(m): 9:22pm On Jun 15
They don't have such powers
Re: Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations by PropertyBanker(f): 8:09am On Jun 16
Maybe that will help us find solutions to your Bruhaha...
Re: Minimum Wage: NASS May Propose Seizing Defaulting States, LGs’ Allocations by Terrahawk: 11:40am On Jun 16
I love it that when I read these posts, I see mostly hate filled diatribe and vitriol spewed from igbos and so called obidients. It shows how badly and deeply hurt that they really have no say in the current political affairs in Nigeria and can only watch and castigate others in a desperate attempt to become relevant. It also feels me with great pleasure knowing that no matter how hard they try, they will never succeed. Also, no Igbo man, I repeat, no Igbo man will ever be president of Nigeria for the next 30 years. I guarantee you that. 🤣😂🤣😂. Anyways, happy father's day to all the dads out there. God bless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can Now Call The Acting Inspector-general Of Police-08059666666 / Buhari Shocks APC, Consults Jonathan On Choice Of Ministers. / Governor Ikpeazu Sacks ASEPA, APUMA Bosses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.