Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,593 members, 7,878,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:19 AM

Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota (14083 Views)

Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House / LASG Demolishes 1700 Illegal Shanties, Containerised Shops At Fagba Railway Line / LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by dominic17: 8:42am On Jun 15
The operation was carried out on Friday by the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation Corps (LAGESC) and Ministry for Environment, led by Corps Marshall, Maj. Olaniyi Cole rtd.

A Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) who monitored the exercise reports that the operation was carried out at Liberty, Paris, Victory and Hosanna Goodness Estates, all located in the Okota area.

NAN observed that some street gates, house fences, including security posts were allegedly built on drainage channels and canals.

It was also observed that a security post’s toilet was constructed on drainage, as well as many illegal structures, including Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) houses with their shrines built close to a major canal in the area.

Cole said that some residents of the estates petitioned the Commissioner for Environment on the incessant flooding they always faced once it rained due to the blockage of the canals and drainages by the illegal structures.

Cole said they were given the order to pull down all illegal structures, stressing that the affected estates and houses were given 48 hours to remove the structures.

He said that for every land approved by the government, the construction of the fence must have 10 10-metre distance to/from the canal and drainage.

Mr Adekoya Adedeji, from the Drainage Office, Lagos State Ministry for Environment, linked the flooding situation in many parts of the state to human activities.

Adedeji said for the operation on Friday, some people deliberately blocked the waterways by building fences, shanties and houses on the way.

“People must have an understanding that all that government is doing is for the interest of all.

“As a government, we will not rest on our effort to ensure that all illegal structures on canals, drainages and other public ways responsible for flooding are cleared for a flood-free Lagos,”
he said.

Some residents of the estates who spoke with NAN commended the government for the bold step to clear the illegal structures.

Austin Odinaka, a resident, said the street gate constructed around his street always caused flooding, causing them to take longer journeys out of the estate.

Another resident, simply identified as Sunny, said they tried to intervene when they were constructing some street gates, but they were ignored by the initiators of the construction.

Sunny, however, blamed some Lagos State Government Officials and traditional rulers of the area, who collected money and allowed the illegal structures to be constructed.

A victim, whose illegal structure was marked for demolition along the canal, Mrs Nancy Okafor, said she purchased the land from one Mr Odo Chibuzor, at the sum of N536,000, with a receipt given to the Corps Marshall as evidence.
https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/flood-lagos-demolishes-opc-shrines-gates-fences-security-post-in-okota/hstll92

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by EmperorCaesar(m): 8:45am On Jun 15
No sentiments

The greater good is one that's done for the benefit of the masses

It's not targeted towards any group...Make the victims take heart

16 Likes

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by SwissMass: 8:46am On Jun 15
Alright
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by odinaccess: 9:10am On Jun 15
Thier god's should look for another apartment to receive it's monthly dog sacrifice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by iWasNotHere(m): 2:07pm On Jun 15
APC are fighting humans and the gods
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by TGreatGatsby: 2:09pm On Jun 15
Problem is how possible it is to start development of areas years before the government begins to reason it but dey will demolish already standing structures.

1 Like

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by OlujobaSamuel: 2:09pm On Jun 15
Bought land at Ago/okota for 500k, and e no shock you
Some people sef
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by joymavel(f): 2:11pm On Jun 15
Someone should please help me with little amount to buy food to eat the hunger is unbearable I ll appreciate please am hungry please check my signature for my details you ll never lack good things for the rest of your life
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by Dangrace01: 2:11pm On Jun 15
OlujobaSamuel:
Bought land at okota for 500k

Which year
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by FreeStuffsNG: 2:13pm On Jun 15
dominic17:

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/flood-lagos-demolishes-opc-shrines-gates-fences-security-post-in-okota/hstll92

A victim, whose illegal structure was marked for demolition along the canal, Mrs Nancy Okafor, said she purchased the land from one Mr Odo Chibuzor, at the sum of N536,000, with a receipt given to the Corps Marshall as evidence.

Mrs Okafor should demand a refund from Mr Chibuzor or petition the appropriate authorities to assist her collect her money back before Mr Chibuzor runs away from Lagos.
Cc. LASG

Check my signature for free stuffs!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by OlujobaSamuel: 2:16pm On Jun 15
Dangrace01:

Which year
With the way it was mentioned in the report, I doubt it's an old transaction, na why I shock be that
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by Konquest: 2:17pm On Jun 15
dominic17:

“People must have an understanding that all that government is doing is for the interest of all.

“As a government, we will not rest on our effort to ensure that all illegal structures on canals, drainages and other public ways responsible for flooding are cleared for a flood-free Lagos,” he said.

Some residents of the estates who spoke with NAN commended the government for the bold step to clear the illegal structures.

Austin Odinaka, a resident, said the street gate constructed around his street always caused flooding, causing them to take longer journeys out of the estate.

Another resident, simply identified as Sunny, said they tried to intervene when they were constructing some street gates, but they were ignored by the initiators of the construction.

Sunny, however, blamed some Lagos State Government Officials and traditional rulers of the area, who collected money and allowed the illegal structures to be constructed.

Due diligence in every land transaction is key.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by Jokerman(m): 2:19pm On Jun 15
OPC still dey exists?
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by OlujobaSamuel: 2:20pm On Jun 15
FreeStuffsNG:

She should demand a refund from Mr Chibuzor or petition the appropriate authorities.

Petition for buying a land without verification??
You can't sue if you buy a land with bad title, you should do proper verification before paying.
Eg, you bought a land under government acquisition, you didn't bother to find out the details, it's a loss oo, the seller can also claim he passed on a title which he believes to be valid, na the person wey the law catch with the invalid title go lose out
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by Jonjam269: 2:24pm On Jun 15
Our brothers will not cry ethnic victimisation this time around

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by Melagros(m): 2:29pm On Jun 15
COMRADES, do you notice that the article carries some form of sentiment?
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by CapodeCapouti(m): 2:38pm On Jun 15
Election is over. Use and dump. OPC sorry oo. cheesy grin
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by MaziObinnaokija: 2:39pm On Jun 15
cool very GOOD 👍 👌 👏 😎 😀 🙌 👍
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by PortHarcourtcit(m): 3:21pm On Jun 15
I like it... This people want to form another terror organization just like Nnamudu and Simioni Ekpia...
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by AmericanIdiot(m): 3:23pm On Jun 15
It’s not by force to stay in Lagos
Go back to your village
Useless people
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by FARA4GA: 3:25pm On Jun 15
Esun on its way for revenge ... 😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FOD98kA6qI
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by Khyrvxjzy: 3:30pm On Jun 15
who can tell me why igbos no angry about this news?

3 Likes

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by ppogba: 4:07pm On Jun 15
PortHarcourtcit:
I like it... This people want to form another terror organization just like Nnamudu and Simioni Ekpia...

But thankfully, their wings were clipper by their tribes man who is not known for sentiment.

Only if others could be like him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by ppogba: 4:08pm On Jun 15

1 Like

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by ppogba: 4:09pm On Jun 15
This thread is dry.

Maka why?
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by PHAYOL81: 4:10pm On Jun 15
Anything to restore and retrieve the state from annual flood is welcome.
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by AcadaWriter: 4:17pm On Jun 15
Alright ... Hmm, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by Samtob90(m): 4:18pm On Jun 15
TGreatGatsby:
Problem is how possible it is to start development of areas years before the government begins to reason it but dey will demolish already standing structures.
Government can not monitor everywhere at a go, don't build illegally. Without being told, everybody knows the right thing.
In my street, while everyone went beyond limit, I remain at my point in my compound

1 Like

Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by kmaster007: 5:56pm On Jun 15
Who say no government
Re: Flood: LASG Demolishes OPC Shrines, Gates, Fences, Security Post In Okota by PropertyBanker(f): 6:43am On Jun 16
Let's see what comes out of this.
OlujobaSamuel:

With the way it was mentioned in the report, I doubt it's an old transaction, na why I shock be that

(1) (Reply)

60 IPOB Members Docked In Umuahia, Remanded In Prison / Governor Ugwuanyi Trains 5 To Be Helicopter Pilots / Pension Cash: Ex-governors In Senate Set To Challenge Court Order Granted AGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.