Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,790 members, 7,879,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:34 PM

Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm (3626 Views)

Why Tinubu Forfeited $460,000 In US — APC Tells Court / Chimaroke Nnamani Working For Us - APC Campaign Council / Ondo Election: There Is Gang Up Against Us – APC Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Bobloco: 9:00am On Jun 15

Ahead of the September 21 governorship election in Edo, the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has raised the alarm over alleged intimidation by Governor Godwin Obaseki and threats of arrest by the Commissioner of Police in the state.

In a petition addressed to the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Police Affairs and the Chairman of the Police Service Commission, the APC Chairman in Edo State, Jarrett Tenebe, said the intimidation by Obaseki, using security apparatus in the state, will be resisted.

He stated that the State Commissioner of Police has already invited him as part of moves to weaken opposition parties in the state and create an atmosphere of fear ahead of the election.

Tenebe urged the IGP, the Senate, and the Police Service Commission to call the Commissioner of Police in Edo State to order to avoid the breakdown of law and order.

The petition read: “I am the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Edo state chapter, and have the honor and privilege to bring to your attention the high level of intimidation and harassment being orchestrated by the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki.

“While it’s safe under the Freedom of Information Act that anyone who feels dissatisfied with any policy implementation of the government at any level can ask questions about the same, the Edo State Governor does not see the effectiveness of any opposition to his government policies.

“To make good his threat of strangulating any opposition, he deploys all forms of security apparatus within the state, both conventional and self-created, to carry out his vindictiveness.

“He has promised to deal mercilessly with any person who dares him, particularly at this time of our electioneering in the state. Against the backdrop of the aforesaid, he has deployed the office of the Commissioner of Police to cause my arrest just for political reasons. I have been informed at my party secretariat that, in my absence, police brought an invitation for me to be interviewed by the Commissioner of Police over a petition written against me by the governor.

“Information at my disposal is that the governor has ordered the police to lay siege at my party secretariat where we are to perform the inauguration of our campaign council tomorrow with a view to arresting me just to score a political point.

“I thereby solicit your timely intervention by transferring the said case, if any, to your office for a discreet investigation. I count on your esteemed office in doing justice to this unwarranted harassment.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/14/edo-guber-obaseki-using-police-to-intimidate-us-apc-raises-alarm/

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by bobonextdoor(m): 9:00am On Jun 15
Before Election - APC raising alarm
During Election - PDP will raise alarm and accuse APC of using federal might.

Nigeria na cruise.
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Godons1: 11:45am On Jun 15
Make una no worry. We the electorates in Edo will use our votes to vote out Obaseki's stooge, the PDP candidate. Obaseki is incompetent and he wants to become a godfather in Edo. We no go gree allow ugly and incompetent people rule Edo again

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by senatordave1(m): 11:47am On Jun 15
Bobloco:

Ahead of the September 21 governorship election in Edo, the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has raised the alarm over alleged intimidation by Governor Godwin Obaseki and threats of arrest by the Commissioner of Police in the state.

In a petition addressed to the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Police Affairs and the Chairman of the Police Service Commission, the APC Chairman in Edo State, Jarrett Tenebe, said the intimidation by Obaseki, using security apparatus in the state, will be resisted.

He stated that the State Commissioner of Police has already invited him as part of moves to weaken opposition parties in the state and create an atmosphere of fear ahead of the election.

Tenebe urged the IGP, the Senate, and the Police Service Commission to call the Commissioner of Police in Edo State to order to avoid the breakdown of law and order.

The petition read: “I am the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Edo state chapter, and have the honor and privilege to bring to your attention the high level of intimidation and harassment being orchestrated by the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki.

“While it’s safe under the Freedom of Information Act that anyone who feels dissatisfied with any policy implementation of the government at any level can ask questions about the same, the Edo State Governor does not see the effectiveness of any opposition to his government policies.

“To make good his threat of strangulating any opposition, he deploys all forms of security apparatus within the state, both conventional and self-created, to carry out his vindictiveness.

“He has promised to deal mercilessly with any person who dares him, particularly at this time of our electioneering in the state. Against the backdrop of the aforesaid, he has deployed the office of the Commissioner of Police to cause my arrest just for political reasons. I have been informed at my party secretariat that, in my absence, police brought an invitation for me to be interviewed by the Commissioner of Police over a petition written against me by the governor.

“Information at my disposal is that the governor has ordered the police to lay siege at my party secretariat where we are to perform the inauguration of our campaign council tomorrow with a view to arresting me just to score a political point.

“I thereby solicit your timely intervention by transferring the said case, if any, to your office for a discreet investigation. I count on your esteemed office in doing justice to this unwarranted harassment.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/06/14/edo-guber-obaseki-using-police-to-intimidate-us-apc-raises-alarm/

He started by intimidating Lp

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by BossGerald: 12:08pm On Jun 15
Godons1:
Make una no worry. We the electorates in Edo will use our votes to vote out Obaseki's stooge, the PDP candidate. Obaseki is incompetent and he wants to become a godfather in Edo. We no go gree allow ugly and incompetent people rule Edo again

And vote in who?? Apc backward party??

Even a goat will be better if as the governor of Edo state than any cancer from Apc dem0n!c party

5 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Godons1: 12:14pm On Jun 15
BossGerald:

Even a goat will be better if as the governor of Edo state than any cancer from Apc dem0n!c party

Na Monday we go vote for. Nothing concern us with Asue another failure like his godfather Obaseki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by BossGerald: 1:12pm On Jun 15
Godons1:

Na Monday we go vote for. Nothing concern us with Asue another failure like his godfather Obaseki

I'm telling you that a goat will rule better than him.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by slivertongue: 2:15pm On Jun 15
APC without a sellable candidate is looking for sympathy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Godons1: 2:22pm On Jun 15
BossGerald:

I'm telling you that a goat will rule better than him.

True talk. And we will rather vote a Goat as Edo State Governor. Rather than Asue, that Obaseki's stooge. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by MaziObinnaokija: 2:25pm On Jun 15
angry sad
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Thomthom(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15
Asue Ighodalo is a goal

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by MaziObinnaokija: 2:29pm On Jun 15
sad WIKE as MINISTER OF DEFENCE will do the nice, neat JOB than BADARU .PRESIDENT TINUBU should reshuffle his Ministers. angry sharp sharp 👌

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Melagros(m): 2:31pm On Jun 15
COMRADES, apc should not expect sacredness when it violets the law
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by NzogbuNzogbu: 2:43pm On Jun 15
apc is not a serious party

one excuse to another, is that why you people haven't started campaign, no billboard, dey would blame obaseki

ok make una mobilize supporters with tshirt and cap dem go blame obaseki

There is hardly any evidence that apc is in the race, for okpbebolo to still be engaging he cant

no candidate
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Ironbull: 3:06pm On Jun 15
Honestly as much I stand with Edo pdp governorship candidate I don't like Obaseki a bit. I regretted joing people to fought tooth and nails to defeated godfatherism in Edo but very unfortunate Obaseki and Yeye Bello are the governor that are extremely useless politically and this same obaseki that was shouting "No to godfatherism" now the one playing that same godfatherism, I swear politician are all bitch of same feather.

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Prince111111: 3:18pm On Jun 15
NzogbuNzogbu:

one excuse to another, is that why you people haven't started campaign, no billboard, dey would blame obaseki

There is hardly any evidence that apc is in the race, for okpbebolo to still be engaging he cant

no candidate
Asue Ighodalo is our incoming Governor in Edo 💯💯💯

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by uyimove20: 4:03pm On Jun 15
pdp vs Apc
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Tareq1105: 4:36pm On Jun 15
BossGerald:

The outcome will shock you.
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Tareq1105: 4:37pm On Jun 15
NzogbuNzogbu:

no candidate

Don't be in a hurry.
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by NzogbuNzogbu: 4:40pm On Jun 15
Tareq1105:

The outcome will shock you.
wetin dey shock

show workings, there is nothing on ground to show apc is contesting

Which day una even release campaign list here

how many apc members are even spending money to campaign for okpbebolo, na bad product, they know its a waste
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by NzogbuNzogbu: 4:41pm On Jun 15
Tareq1105:

Don't be in a hurry.
no, its even sweeting me sef, just that its getting too easy a win for asue

apc primaries campaign had more buzz than even the main candidate campaign
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by AcadaWriter: 6:14pm On Jun 15
Asue Ighodalo is a goal
Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by PropertyBanker(f): 6:42am On Jun 16
🤔Interesting developments
Melagros:
COMRADES, apc should not expect sacredness when it violets the law

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: Obaseki Using Police To Intimidate Us – APC Raises Alarm by Opanka44(m): 7:30am On Jun 16
All of you are the same. If u were in obaseki's position, you would do same and even worse

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Monarch Accuses Policeman Of Shielding Criminal Fulani Herdsmen / ASUU Disburses Fg's N30b To Lecturers / Atiku Woos APC Delegates With N50,000 Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.