Stats: 3,175,418 members, 7,894,777 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

Two Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail In Lagos (289 Views)

Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail Term For Impersonation, Fraud / Fake EFCC Operatives Trying To Extort Hotel Guests Caught In Delta (Photos) / Nigerian Man Fights Two Fake Malaysian Immigration Officers - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Two Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail In Lagos by Newlymarried(f): 7:26am On Jun 16
Justice 0.0. Abike-Fadipe of the Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja has sentenced the duo of Ugwu Pascal Chijioke and Ibrahim Sadia Adekunle to 46 years imprisonment for impersonating operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, while executing a fake court order. A statement from the agency on Saturday, June 15, said they were re-arraigned by the Lagos Zonal Command of the EFCC on an amended five-count charge bordering on impersonation, attempt to obtain property, possession of documents containing false pretence and unlawfully wearing the uniform of the EFCC.

One of the counts reads;

"That you, Ugwu Pascal Chijioke and Ibrahim Sadia Adekunle, on or about the 12th day of May 2021 in Lagos, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court, by false pretence and with intent to defraud, attempted to obtain property from one Oriyomi Johnson under the pretext that the "Chief Magistrate Court, Lagos State Judiciary, Mushin, Lagos" issued an Order to the effect that the property located at New Horizon Estate, Lekki- Ikate, Lagos be seized and the said apartment sealed pending the arrival of the said Oriyomi Johnson, which representation you knew to be false and committed an offence of attempt to obtain property by false pretence contrary to Sections 8(b) of the Advanced Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006 and punishable under Section11(3) of the same Act."

Another count reads;

"That you, Ugwu Pascal Chijioke and Ibrahim Sadiq Adekunle, on or about the 12th day of May 2021 in Lagos, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court not being a person holding any office in or authority of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, wore a jacket bearing the official mark of the Commission, which was calculated to convey the impression that you held such authority and committed an offence of unlawfully wearing the uniform of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission contrary to Section 79(1) (b) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011."
https://twitter.com/officialEFCC/status/1802203777941815691

Re: Two Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail In Lagos by doggedfighter(f): 7:32am On Jun 16
There's no difference between the fake EFCC and the real one.

Both are extortionists and thieves.

They slammed them 46 years out of anger that they have the audacity to attempt taking their role of terrorizing citizens .😂

Re: Two Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail In Lagos by Newlymarried(f): 7:33am On Jun 16
46 years!!!!

that is damn too much for impersonation,haba!
Re: Two Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail In Lagos by BigYash: 7:40am On Jun 16
doggedfighter:
There's no difference between the fake EFCC and the real one.

Both are extortionists.

Their chairman said if he can’t get Yahaya Bello ,that he will resign... Baba no gree resign and Yahaya Bello he no bold hold ..

Re: Two Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail In Lagos by 2shure: 11:31am On Jun 16
Most of them are fake. What they do is,to align with one corrupt mobile police officer,rent a white hilux,rent police van,begin mount road block stop and search. I've encountered like 3 and when I stood my ground,made calls,they hurriedly pushed me away and i fled the scene. They should be killed pls
Re: Two Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail In Lagos by SlavaUkraini: 12:59pm On Jun 16
Newlymarried:
46 years!!!!

that is damn too much for impersonation,haba!

You will not say that if it was your property that they came to collect..

They should be locked up for life.
Re: Two Fake EFCC Operatives Bag 46 Years Jail In Lagos by Mynd44: 6:00am On Jun 17

(1)

Endsars / Another Batch Of Stranded Nigerians Return From Libya Amid Slave Trade Crisis / How Can I Secure My Car From Criminal? Get A Car Tracker With Us In Abuja