Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,446 members, 7,894,899 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 05:23 PM

Top 20 Things You Must Consider Before Starting Your MBA, MSC Or PHD Research - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 20 Things You Must Consider Before Starting Your MBA, MSC Or PHD Research (99 Views)

This Is Why They Always Tell Us To Read Instructions Before Starting Exam / How To Write Your MBA/MSC Research Proposal In A Nigerian Public University / Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 20 Things You Must Consider Before Starting Your MBA, MSC Or PHD Research by emmanueln2023: 6:33pm On Jun 16
1. Study and religiously follow the guidelines of the school

2. Peruse previous dissertation samples as may be provided by your supervisor or the school library to know what the standard is.

3. Avoid plagiarism of any form

4. Never-ever submit a work written with AI

5. Show the balance in your writing and write critically i.e. if Obi stole the Yam, then to have a balance, you need to consider that “the Farmer did not secure the Yam”

6. Manage your supervisor and engage with them from DAY 1

7. Get a standby research assistant from Day 1.

8. Never generate your references with AI, most AI references are fake

9. Choose a “Researchable Topic”, your topic can make or mar your grade.

10. Collect and have a sufficient number of references, at least 80 citations for your MBA work.

11. Work with evidence, not your passion, your experience or your feelings - research work is scientific

12. Your literature review MUST have a conceptual framework

13. Make sure your Literature Review connects with ALL your research objectives/questions.

14. Ensure that your research instrument (Questionnaire or Interview) collects data that can speak to EACH of your research objectives/question

15. Ensure that your methodology is justified i.e. why Questionnaire & why not Interview.

16. Where possible, collect data from different sources to achieve triangulation.

17. Choose a data collection method that WILL enable you to have evidence.

18. “Sweat” the data collected from the field i.e. why use only percentage analysis all through when you can do correlation analysis & arithmetic analysis.

19. Connect your data analysis, findings, conclusion & recommendations to your research objective.

20. Start your research work early; you’d be shocked how three months or six months will count down so fast that you will now be working under pressure.

The above tips have been extracted from this ebook:

"Dissertation Hack: The Secrets of Distinction"

Request a copy at a discount via WhatsApp: +2347068180074

Highly recommended for students of foreign universities.

For Nigerian universities, students simply do copy and paste, and only very few schools bother about implementing Turnitin and other solutions to detect plagiarism, use of AI and others. However, if your first degree or second degree is in Nigeria and you intend studying in the UK, US or EU, then this e-book is your companion.

(1) (Reply)

Australian Government Research Scholarship 2024-25 (fully Funded) / I Need Age Telegram Account. / help me with please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.