Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,621 members, 7,878,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:59 AM

Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" (583 Views)

Peter Obi Laments Exit Of Multinational Companies From Nigeria / Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi / Temitope Olatoye ‘Sugar’ Shot In Ibadan, In A Critical Condition At UCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by anyilalaz: 7:08pm On Jun 16
It is as simple as ABC: if the population is growing when economic opportunity is shrinking, on average, people become poorer. That is the challenge we have in Nigeria right now. Nigeria needs both an economic revolution and evolution because our indicators look bad. Those who picked the forms, and are now on the seats, must #lead.

And as the next season of elections begins right there on the far horizon, the National Assembly must pass a bill which must require Presidential and Gubernatorial debates. If we have those debates, we will have a process which will force our leaders to be aware of the challenges of the nation because they have to debate on those topics.
Right now, there is no cohesive roadmap which any human has articulated on how to solve these problems. You should be worried because the issues are compounding daily. What is the Grand National Vision? What do we want to accomplish in 5 years as a nation? Can someone tell me how you wake up in the morning, and you see yourself in Ovim, Abuja, Ife, Kano, etc connecting to any national vision? Mr. President, you have work to do!

But as we wait for Mr. President to tell us how to follow him, Good People, get this from me: Nigeria must change its economic trajectory. I have laid some ideas as Mr. President comes along to tell us where we are going.

Souce: https:///nXXVz7E9G6

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by PresidObi: 7:13pm On Jun 16
We had all the warnings that it will be like this if a certain person got there to lead, many reasonable people in Nigeria sat still and watched as democracy was raped.

The wind was sown, the whirlwind is still doing press up grin

2 Likes

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by 10mobile: 7:14pm On Jun 16
There are so many Nigerians with great ideas. Yet, some of the most idea-deficient people always become Nigeria's administrators (not leaders). Why?

1 Like

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by Good2go1: 7:26pm On Jun 16
Nepotism will it allow them use competent individuals at the right positions?
10mobile:
There are so many Nigerians with great ideas. Yet, some of the most idea-deficient people always become Nigeria's administrators (not leaders). Why?

1 Like

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by Good2go1: 7:28pm On Jun 16
May the entire existence of all APC and it's supporters be as devastated as Nigeria economy.

1 Like

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by helinues: 7:32pm On Jun 16
Are there no new foreign companies coming to the country.

Fixated mindset no dey make person go far in life oo
Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by PresidObi: 7:34pm On Jun 16
helinues:

Tell us if there are.

2 Likes

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by Ezeama400: 7:34pm On Jun 16
helinues:

Sometimes silence is golden !

What did I just read?

So a serious business minded man must loose the money he made before he start thinking of making another money.. ?

This is your logic!

Smh!

3 Likes

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by anyilalaz: 7:37pm On Jun 16
helinues:

Give us data:
Name, where, date, value of investments, workforce

Data, data or you shut up. Economy don't ride on sentiments, tribe, religion, region etc

3 Likes

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by helinues: 7:38pm On Jun 16
Ezeama400:

Sometimes silence is golden !

What did I just read?

If you can't erased my comments then you are only kidney
Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by 2aces(m): 7:52pm On Jun 16
The country was in critical condition towards the end of the last administration, the new administration came in and administered medication without any diagnosis, now the country is on life support and fighting for it's life, but the problem is, light no dey to power ventilator and the small fuel we managed to buy with gallon for the generator due to scarcity go soon finish, and our daddy in the lord just declared seven days dry fasting for god to make the gen run on water.

1 Like

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by StarRiderr: 8:21pm On Jun 16
Nigeria don't conduct an election rather INEC goes for the highest bidder and as the country is going I don't think anything good can come out from this present Administration they're just using propaganda and blame game to buy time I can guarantee you that next 3 years coming we'll still be hearing same story like " Regional government" PH refinery "will"shall"would" soon start fuel production now nobody is talking about fuel price and those who's likely to talk has been bought over this Tinubu is indeed a master strategy in crime I can tell you the country it's now run by roughies and thugs

3 Likes

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by mrvitalis(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16
anyilalaz:
It is as simple as ABC: if the population is growing when economic opportunity is shrinking, on average, people become poorer. That is the challenge we have in Nigeria right now. Nigeria needs both an economic revolution and evolution because our indicators look bad. Those who picked the forms, and are now on the seats, must #lead.

And as the next season of elections begins right there on the far horizon, the National Assembly must pass a bill which must require Presidential and Gubernatorial debates. If we have those debates, we will have a process which will force our leaders to be aware of the challenges of the nation because they have to debate on those topics.
Right now, there is no cohesive roadmap which any human has articulated on how to solve these problems. You should be worried because the issues are compounding daily. What is the Grand National Vision? What do we want to accomplish in 5 years as a nation? Can someone tell me how you wake up in the morning, and you see yourself in Ovim, Abuja, Ife, Kano, etc connecting to any national vision? Mr. President, you have work to do!

But as we wait for Mr. President to tell us how to follow him, Good People, get this from me: Nigeria must change its economic trajectory. I have laid some ideas as Mr. President comes along to tell us where we are going.

65% of Nigerian voting population don't care about those things you wrote above

They don't even understand them

They just want their tribe or religious man in power

2 Likes

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by mrvitalis(m): 8:31pm On Jun 16
2aces:
The country was in critical condition towards the end of the last administration, the new administration came in and administered medication without any diagnosis, now the country is on life support and fighting for it's life, but the problem is, light no dey to power ventilator and the small fuel we managed to buy with gallon for the generator due to scarcity go soon finish, and our daddy in the lord just declared seven days dry fasting for god to make the gen run on water.
Oga there was nothing we are facing now that Buhari caused I dare you to name one

Everything we are facing now is caused by the action and inaction of Tinubu

Worse thing is everything Tinubu condemn the Buhari administration for they are doing same at a worse rate

Tinubu and his team know nothing absolutely nothing

2 Likes

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by stonemasonn: 8:49pm On Jun 16
anyilalaz:

Lol, Chinese, Indians, Lebanese and our Igbo brothers can run similar businesses....most of the products can be imported from China and India...afterall we prefer importation than producing locally.
Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by mairogo: 9:50pm On Jun 16
helinues:

Must the old one leave? Have you even asked why they are leaving?
Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by anyilalaz: 9:57pm On Jun 16
mrvitalis:

65% of Nigerian voting population don't care about those things you wrote above

They don't even understand them

They just want their tribe or religious man in power

That's why we are here.
Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by chynergy1(m): 10:17pm On Jun 16
honestly this is no longer funny cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:26pm On Jun 16
helinues:

God abeg o
Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:19pm On Jun 16
AT THIS JUNCTURE WE HAVE TO DO AWAY WITH ANY COMPANY THAT PAY THEIR EXPERTRIATES IN MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO WEAKEN OUR CURRENCY AND INCREASE FOCUS ON LOCAL PRODUCERS angry
Re: Exodus Of Multinational From Nigeria Economy Hit "A Critical Threshold" by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:20pm On Jun 16
PARADIZEPRIEST:
AT THIS JUNCTURE WE HAVE TO DO AWAY WITH ANY COMPANY THAT PAY THEIR EXPERTRIATES IN MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO WEAKEN OUR CURRENCY AND INCREASE FOCUS ON LOCAL PRODUCERS angry
since cadbury left naija 10years ago milo don take over, any foregn company that leave,occupy the places as they leave for goodangry

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Consumption Compared / Fg To Generate 7.5 Megawatts From Solar In 2010 - Dg / Goodluck Jonathan Prepares To Accept Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.