Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,602 members, 7,878,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:27 AM

Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo (12041 Views)

Edo 2024: Shaibu Donates Campaign Office, Vehicles, Structure To APC, Okpebholo / Why I Refused To Return Govt Vehicles – Ex-Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu / Ex-Edo Speaker, Marcus Onobun In Coma After Ghastly Auto Crash (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Akpakomiza2: 8:58pm On Jun 16
Former Edo Deputy Governor Comrade Philip Shaibu has declared support for the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo September 21 poll Senator Monday Okpebholo.

He described the APC standard bearer as one of the two home boys among the 16 candidates.

The other home boy, he said, is the governorship candidate of Labour Party (LP) Olumide Akpata, a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).

He said the two home boys possess the characteristics to truly move Edo forward.

Shaibu, a former member of the House of Representatives, spoke with reporters at St. Paul Catholic Church on Airport Road, Benin during the Fathers’ Day celebration.

He described the standard bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo, Dr. Asue Ighodalo, a product of godfatherism, which, according to him, former Governor Senator Adams Oshiomhole fought against.

He said: “I will support a home boy. I came in to contest to be the Governor of Edo State, because I needed governance to return to a home boy, somebody who understands our plight, somebody who understands what the people are feeling. Even the United Nations talks about the NEEDS assessment.

“We do not want an outsider. We have experimented with an outsider, and it is not working. So, this time round, we want a homeboy. I came into the contest as a home boy, but today, we have only two home boys in the major political parties: one is in the LP, and the other is in APC. I decided to follow the home boy in the APC.

“Asue Ighodalo they are parading in the PDP is an outsider, and we have also agreed that no more godfatherism in Edo. The man PDP is parading is the godson of Governor Godwin Obaseki. There is no way a godson can be governor of Edo State again.

“I am a very good learner. Learning is what is most important in our lives. We must continue to learn till we die. Obaseki says everybody has the right to support whoever he wants to support, but he also forgets that he does not have the right to stop anybody from supporting whoever he wants to support. So, it is my right to also decide who I want to support.”

Shaibu, an ex-President of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), also maintained that he cannot be accused of anti-party activity for supporting APC’s governorship candidate while he is still a member of the PDP.

He said: “It is not an anti-party activity. In the last election, Obaseki was one leg in LP, and the other leg in PDP. So, my decision cannot be described as anti-party activity.”

The former Edo Majority Leader maintained that APC’s Okpebholo, a grassroots politician, has the experience, capacity and capability to move the State to the next level.

He said: “Enough of English that takes us nowhere. We are talking about good governance. Okpebholo understands the plight of Edo residents. He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches. Asue Ighodalo, who has never voted in any election, how can he be seeking for our votes?

“Why are some people comparing Asue Ighodalo, a Lagos-based lawyer, with Okpebholo, a sitting senator (of Edo Central Senatorial District), who is really a home boy?

“When Olumide Akpata and Okpebholo get home to their people, they will speak their languages, unlike Asue Ighodalo.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://thenationonlineng.net/ex-edo-deputy-gov-shaibu-declares-support-for-apcs-okpebholo/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwig7Ie07uCGAxUFVUEAHdItBh4QFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw39rVZrXAN79uh_mF7rmhH6

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by derecho(m): 9:10pm On Jun 16
No be only Okpebholo na Okpebufalo.

Any Nigerian who votes for any APC candidate na mumu.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Akpakomiza2: 9:28pm On Jun 16
derecho:

Down PDP

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Bobloco: 9:40pm On Jun 16
The worst thing that can happen to the people of Edo State is for them to vote for the APC 

It's going to be a double tragedy for them.

They have been warned, just as Nigerians were warned both in 2015 and 2023.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Okoroawusa: 9:42pm On Jun 16
Bobloco:
The worst thing that can happen to the people of Edo State is for them to vote for the APC 

But Anambra can vote for APGA okwaya?

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Akpakomiza2: 9:46pm On Jun 16
Bobloco:

Reelcting obaseki was a triple tragedy

219 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Akpakomiza2: 9:46pm On Jun 16
Okoroawusa:

Leave the clown

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Bobloco: 9:47pm On Jun 16
Okoroawusa:

I was referring to Edo state not Anambra state

It's obvious you got nothing meaningful to comment, kindly get off my mentions

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Akpakomiza2: 10:01pm On Jun 16
Bobloco:

He got on the nerves

11 Likes

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Bobloco: 10:02pm On Jun 16
Akpakomiza2:

He got on the nerves

He got on no nerves bro

He is just out to derail your thread

I had to put him in check

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Akpakomiza2: 10:32pm On Jun 16
Bobloco:

He got on no nerves bro

He is just out to derail your thread

I had to put him in check

You guys always want Apga in anambra but don't want same in other states

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by yyba: 11:25pm On Jun 16
Bobloco:

You are actually the one speaking rubbish not him

319 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by blacknp(m): 11:43pm On Jun 16
Bobloco:

Bobby Brown Loco, I believe Nigeria was a haven under Pdp, that was why you voted them out of power in 2015 abi?

Keep deceiving yourself that Pdp is any different from the APC, because Gringory Obi that ran away from Apga to the Pdp is a Saint?

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by blacknp(m): 11:49pm On Jun 16
Bobloco:

Sharap, who asked you for your comment?

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Bobloco: 2:43am On Jun 17
blacknp:
Bobby Brown Loco, I believe Nigeria was a haven under Pdp, that was why you voted them out of power in 2015 abi?

Keep deceiving yourself that Pdp is any different from the APC, because Gringory Obi that ran away from Apga to the Pdp is a Saint?

It's very obvious you were given birth to after 2015 for you to have the affontary to compare the PDP era to this calamitous APC era.

Well, ask Wale Edun, the minister of finance, because he recently confirmed that the last time Nigeria had a stable economy was during the PDP era.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Bobloco: 2:47am On Jun 17
blacknp:
Sharap, who asked you for your comment?

Typical of a BATerian

5 Likes

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by owiko(m): 6:53am On Jun 17
If I were Shuaibu, I'd just observe table manners and mind my business.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by santakris(m): 6:53am On Jun 17
His support carry no weight. He's a light weight politician

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by EDUECO(m): 6:54am On Jun 17
The fear of APC as a party is the beginning of wisdom.

Just look at how APC almost destroyed the economy of Nigeria through galloping inflation and devaluation of the Naira.

Individuals and businesses can no longer plan effortlessly because of the distortionary effect or economic disequilibrium of galloping inflation, devaluation and increased taxes or tariffs

APC has performed extremely poor at the federal level of governance in Nigeria.

PDP or LP is a better option.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by idanone(m): 6:57am On Jun 17
He is not politically relevant again, he is just trying to keep up with time.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Parydelegate: 6:58am On Jun 17
We need a technocrat in Edo State not a Political Stoolage grin

Asue Ighodalo is the man....Only his profile alone sef speaks alot.

Asue Ighodalo for Governor 2024 cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by AbuTwins: 7:00am On Jun 17
It's like APC will be back in Edo!

Edo go soon be Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by officialfestus(m): 7:00am On Jun 17
Failure supporting failure.
Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by EcoNews: 7:02am On Jun 17
If 6ou like cap your comment pass like that Nigerians in their millions get sense pass your papa.

derecho:

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:04am On Jun 17
Loser
Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Omenlon: 7:04am On Jun 17
derecho:

even this your talk na mumu talk.

307 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Bizibi(m): 7:07am On Jun 17
Apc should forget edo state,no federal support this time.....all focus is on 2027.
Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Powerdrunk: 7:08am On Jun 17
Okay
Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Thisis2raw(m): 7:10am On Jun 17
Good Obaseki can't eat his cake and have it m

260 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by DeZoro(m): 7:11am On Jun 17
Shuibu is seeking face relevance. PDP candidate is the best among all the candidates in Edo State.

Asue Ighodalo is the next governor of Edo State. I am an Obidient but as far as I am concern,I tent with Asue of PDP in this 2024 Edo election.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Edo Deputy Governor Shuaibu Declared Support For APC's Okpebholo by Dicoomoba: 7:12am On Jun 17
Bobloco:

As per they have been enjoying since ugliest has been ruling , animal set of people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Price To Remain ₦162 Until FG Agrees With Labour / Nnamdi Azikiwe's Posthumous 117 Birthday: Anambra Declares Public Holiday Nov 16 / Osun Governor's Wives In A Show Of Shame - Watch Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.