Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:41 AM

President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) (20157 Views)

Bola Tinubu Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Sanwo-Olu, Dangote, Others At Home / President Buhari Attends Wedding Luncheon Of His Son, Yusuf (Photos) / President Buhari Attends Eid el-Fitr Prayers In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by naptu2: 5:29am On Jun 17
Muhammadu Buhari @MBuhari

STATEMENT

IN SALLAH MESSAGE, EX-PRESIDENT BUHARI MAKES CASE FOR INCREASED FOOD PRODUCTION, AWARENESS ON POPULATION EXPLOSION

Former President Muhammadu Buhari says he is pleased that more Nigerians have taken to the farm to grow more food so as to bring prices down and feed the nation, warning however that uncontrolled population growth was a matter for concern.

Speaking to journalists shortly after joining Emir of Daura, Dr Faruk Umar Faruk, to observe the Eid prayer at the township Eid ground on Sunday, the former president said “I am wishing everyone a Happy Sallah. May this special festival bring joy, prosperity and wonderful health to everyone.

“I use this occasion to make an appeal to all citizens to make Nigeria self-reliant. Let us grow our own food. We have shown that we can do it. This is not the time to relent when we see prices going up.

“Let us buy what is produced in the country.

“The foundation of a prosperous and stable country has been laid by successive governments, and I encourage our youth, in particular, to continue to play an active role in various nation-building efforts.

“I urge the youth of the country to seek to know about the founding fathers of the nation, the important personalities of their regions, and derive inspiration from them.”

Reflecting on the massive crowds at the Eid in Daura, the former President expressed concern at unchecked population expansion, saying that it will bring a lot of problems to future generations.

“There is a need for greater discussion and awareness about this problem, as well as a need to invest more in education and health.”

In conclusion, he said, “Considering the situation in the country, and in the spirit of the Sallah, let us help one another and be our bothers’s keepers. I wish everyone a happy Sallah.”

Speaking to members of the National Youth Service, NYSC who have maintained a tradition of paying homage to him every Sallah, the former president said “the scheme continues to be a strong fabric holding the country together”, and urged successive administrations “to continue to strengthen it.”

He described the NYSC as one of the greatest achievements of General Yakubu Gowon as Head of state.

As he has every year, the former president gave a cow, 10 bags of rice, and some cash to the NYSC members to celebrate the occasion.

Garba Shehu
16 June 2024

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by naptu2: 5:29am On Jun 17
More photos

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by naptu2: 5:29am On Jun 17
Buhari Sallau @Buharisallau1

His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari addresses NYSC Members in Daura when they paid him a Sallah Homage.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by naptu2: 5:51am On Jun 17
Buhari Sallau @Buharisallau1

His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari addresses NYSC Members in Daura when they paid him a Sallah Homage.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Flame333: 5:52am On Jun 17
Mediocre

After contesting several times with no success, your victory at last killed our economy; the power house of any great nation..

God bless your supporters because causing them won't change nothing

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by NaijaCover(m): 5:53am On Jun 17
Following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by linkers: 5:53am On Jun 17
Sai barbarian. You brought calamity to your people. Mere mention of your name resonate negativity

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by DMerciful(m): 5:53am On Jun 17
Tinubu’s mentor in failure

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by SoNature(m): 5:54am On Jun 17
This is the same Buhari whose baboon blood comment led to the death of many corps members in the North after 2011 elections.

If Jonathan had some guts, that comment was enough to get the ICC to pick him up and keep him busy and Nigeria wouldn't be in this economic mess today. Lily-livered men should stay out of politics.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Obyangel: 5:54am On Jun 17
The lifeless one, he killed the country and Tinubu buried the country.

Two lifeless presidents in Nigeria history, nature must take it's pounds of flesh from the both.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Fuckyoumod: 5:54am On Jun 17
This is the only country where evil leaders are celebrated after leaving office. I can remember how I was buying my own hard earned money.

Ordinary Buhari should be in jail for the enormous corruption of his regime and for leaving the economy of Nigeria worse than he met it.

See him today walking free from all forms of prosecution, no accountability.

How on earth will Nigeria get better when people are not held accountable?

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by 360degreess(m): 5:54am On Jun 17
.. Frankly speaking Buhari looks far more Charismatic as a president than our present president. grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by 360degreess(m): 5:55am On Jun 17
linkers:
Sai barbarian. You brought calamity to your people. Mere mention of your name resonate negativity
..Do you really know the meaning of calamity?..You better hustle and help your self instead of blaming others.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Kadejo(m): 5:55am On Jun 17
W
Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Dogalmighty17: 5:55am On Jun 17
Finally, you can see the old age catching up to him.
Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by crazygod(m): 5:55am On Jun 17
Oga correct the post title. No be only president buhari na bishop buhari.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Badexx: 5:55am On Jun 17
Short of words
Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by DEFENCE4000(m): 5:58am On Jun 17
The man who brought...........upon us grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:58am On Jun 17
I blame Jonathan for handing over power to these failures, selfish lots. Take a look at how these people have messed up this country. Just take a look at how difficult it has become for a poor man to be able to afford what to eat.

Yesterday, I went to Market to buy pepper, carrot so I could cook indomie.
No pepper of N100, no carrot of N200.
I had to settle for pepper of N200 which were 4 pieces (The pepper called atarbu) and forget about having carrot in my indomie coz my budget could not afford both.

I have never felt so scared for this country like yesterday, knowing these people still have till 2027 and then a re-election that they will certainly win even if no single soul goes out to vote.
I have never felt so hopeless as a citizen living in his country like yesterday. cry cry cry

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Confirm4real(m): 6:00am On Jun 17
Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Praxis758: 6:02am On Jun 17
So he’s still entitled to DSS protection.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Powerdrunk: 6:02am On Jun 17
Cashout for some Ajuwaya

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by NeckingNgulping(m): 6:02am On Jun 17
People get mind still dey hail this bastard..

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Fuckyoumod: 6:04am On Jun 17
360degreess:
..Do you really know the meaning of calamity?..You better hustle and help your self instead of blaming others.
Ordinary yourself you no fit spell, abi na yahoo you they hustle? Or na armed robber hustle you they do?

Because you can't even spell yourself I wonder the kind of hustle you are talking about 🤔😏🤔😏😏😏😏

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:05am On Jun 17
Him and Tinubu gather ruins Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by XXXsearch: 6:08am On Jun 17
failure, you are Tinimbu the drug should be competing for Guinness world record the most incompetent INEC president ever in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by axglide(m): 6:09am On Jun 17
Obyangel:
The lifeless one, he killed the country and Tinubu buried the country.

Two lifeless presidents in Nigeria history, nature must take it's pounds of flesh from the both.

Thou shalt give account of every idle word - Mathew 12:36

Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter. Ecclesiastes 10:20 KJV

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by sirblend: 6:11am On Jun 17
President Buhari again?

Please you guys should stop bringing this evil monster who has destroyed this economy to the front page.

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Mirasteel: 6:15am On Jun 17
Baba that destroyed our economy and Tinubu came and buried it. 😂

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:15am On Jun 17
Thunder faya am!

a worstest pesin dey in charge now, & he is busy speedingly & passionately destroying wat is left of dis useless corn3!

ronu oooo!

grin

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Attends Eid Prayers, Receives Youth Corpers At Home (Photos) by Emma1Oj(m): 6:16am On Jun 17
When i saw "President Buhari" as your title, i thought Baba blue has been impeached over night.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: INEC Speaks On Calls For Secession, Election Boycott / Imo: Okorocha Mocks Ihedioha, Says Governor Behaving Like Reps Member / Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.