Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,277 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:41 AM

Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS (9384 Views)

Zamfara Government Donates Security Vehicles To Niger Republic To Fight Banditry / Sunday Igboho: Mistakes That Led To Secessionist’s Arrest / Danladi Umar: Abuja Mob That Attacked Me Chanted Secessionist Slogans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Jostoman: 10:07am On Jun 17
Preparation of using military for Anambra, Ondo and Edo election has started. If you know you know.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by sterlingD(m): 10:09am On Jun 17
......And there was a NATION.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Morbeta11(m): 10:10am On Jun 17
They have given info to the enemy so they can prepare ahead of deployment.....watch as bandits will use latest technologies to fight back. What happen if these preparation is coveted....bandits are now using drones.

1 Like

Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:11am On Jun 17
So all this while no soldier have been deployed to fight this criminals.....well good luck to them!
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Greenfaces: 10:12am On Jun 17
Are there up to 5000 soldiers in Nigeria
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:15am On Jun 17
Imagine joining Army, and sent straight to the killing field to die there.

RIP in adavance

1 Like

Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by flokii: 10:17am On Jun 17
Please ensure they are well equipped with armor vests.. those soldiers are trying and deserve better treatment than those in NASS.
May God continue to crown all their efforts with victory.

1 Like

Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Enemyofpeace: 10:17am On Jun 17
tunde1200:

I see enemy of progress
tell me one single progress in Nigeria since independence. I will rather remain an enemy of progress than to be deceived by one Nigeria
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Jostoman: 10:19am On Jun 17
Namaster:
This is NONSENSE reporting by Premium Times.

The COAS did not make a DEFINITIVE statement. It's just a general charge to service to make the new recruits feel important.

It's not different from what the VC of a university would say at the convocation ceremony of graduating students.

Premium Times made a feel-good speech sound like a definite plan of ACTION. Nonsense reporting.
Na the election wey dey come up in Edo, Ondo and Anambra them wan deploy for we know the game.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Mpanyi: 10:20am On Jun 17
Fight cattle rustling? Wetin I just hear?
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Blaze14k: 10:21am On Jun 17
Under APC the army was reduced to a political score card for the elites
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Bankowner: 10:21am On Jun 17
War on secessionist agitation to be precise.
The one on banditry has become commonplace and more like a bottomless pit.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by flokii: 10:26am On Jun 17
Greenfaces:
Are there up to 5000 soldiers in Nigeria

Way more than.. I think 120k or thereabout.

Nigeria has one of the largest and strongest Army in Africa. If there is political will to end insecurity today today, they will end it for good.

Remember what the Niger repiblic soldier said about banditry in Nigeria.. they enjoy free movement from some disgruntled elements at the corridors of power that want to keep terrorizing their own people.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by bdon123(m): 10:30am On Jun 17
BeeBeeOoh:
The army chief charged the soldiers not to disappoint the Nigeria Army and the country’s expectations on them.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/704199-army-to-deploy-new-5937-soldiers-to-fight-banditry-secessionist-agitation-others-coas.html
That is not wat he said...i listened to his speech at zaria.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:34am On Jun 17
DEPLOY SMART TECH,
DEPLOY NIGHT VISION DRONES
DEPLOY NIGHT SUIVELLENCE HAWKS
DEPLOY SMART TECH SOLDIERS angry this is a.i era) USE ACCURATE COORDINATES
AND DEFEAT THE MISCREANTS. angry
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Babastrong(m): 10:42am On Jun 17
Those who have passion for this work will be like where are the bandits, let's cut their heads.
But those who accidentally met themselves there as a result of unemployment, will be urinating in their trousers now.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Ironbull: 10:42am On Jun 17
I'm not understanding our army again? So you are just preparing to deploys to fight insecurity at ythis leven hour? Pls is this a joke or something.

Bia, where did we get these type weakling spineless millitary chiefs from?
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by ibechris(m): 10:50am On Jun 17
No intelligence in the army.

U want to do something u will announce it,u want to kill herdsmen,u will announce it.

What crop of soldiers do we have.

When America went for Binladen,it was not announced.

Terrorists have huge networks that can infiltrate any gathering...so why announce ur mission to the same people u are going after when this could affect these men through ambush.

Stop endangering the lives of Nigerian men and women on duty.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:52am On Jun 17
AImoneyAdder:
Soldier Go,
Soldier Come.

There was this American Soldier Movie I Watched Last Night With Wifey; Honestly - "There's Nothing Befitting And Honourable To Be A Soldier (Zombie) To Your Oppressive Government."

You All Need To Watch The Movie:

Title: Brothers

I can't find it on the search engine. I want to watch it. Can u help with another hint to search for it
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by DmonSlayer10: 10:52am On Jun 17
Enemyofpeace:
You can't force people to live together. People have the constitutional write to ask for separation. Fok one Nigeria
De play....
How many Igbos are "asking for separation" like the few registered IPOB members like you??
Which Igbo elites,celebrities,Academia,student bodies,organisation,etc are lending their voice to this wild-goose-chase?
You think Igbos...i.e Igbo bu Igbo.. will stop believing in Peter Obi,Alex Otti,Soludu,Umahi,etc of Nigeria and cleave unto Simon Ekpa,Nnamdi Kanu and Unknown gunmen of "Biafra"?

You're dreaming..
The WILLINGNESS of Igbos to be FULLY engaged in and TURN-OUT during Nigeria's election is enough to tell you what they think of Biafra!!
Conduct a Biafra REFERENDUM now and DISGRACE yourselves!!

1 Like

Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Lavor234: 10:54am On Jun 17
flokii:

Way more than.. I think 120k or thereabout.

Nigeria has one of the largest and strongest Army in Africa. If there is political will to end insecurity today today, they will end it for good.

Remember what the Niger repiblic soldier said about banditry in Nigeria.. they enjoy free movement from some disgruntled elements at the corridors of power that want to keep terrorizing their own people.
That is an urban legend. I get before no be property.
It has spent over 20 years fighting boko haram. A lot of human right cases against the NA. The soldiers are demoralized
Bandits attack them at will.
They may have been at a point in time, now the trio of Mali, Burkinabe and Tchad have outplaced them
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by hooperjames: 10:58am On Jun 17
grin for which country wey u wan renounce, nobody send you self grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hemanwel:
I think the Nigerian Army should engage/recruit more Nigerians into the Army to fight the growing insecurities in the country.

BTW:

I want to use this opportunity to call on the NFF to place a 3-year ban on Victor Osimhien for not only disrespecting his coach, Finidi George, but also disrespecting and insulting Nigerians. Failure to do so, I will renounce my citizenship of this country.

What an insolence!
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Amah70: 11:01am On Jun 17
".... fight secessionist agitation and ... in the South-east." ---- Army Chief.

Army General must have been educated. You don't fight unarmed secessionist agitators.
The only way civilised persons and countries fight secessionist agitators is through Restructuring the country's politics.
Even Great Britain is still Restructuring its politics but doesn't send the army to fight secessionist Scotland.
Nigeria army first started to kill secessionist agitators who were praying in a church in Aba, and followed by Operation Python Dance. The conflicts that followed have been how Nigeria army under Buhari administration wanted it.
Hopefully, Tinubu government will not exacerbate the conflict. situation in the southeast.

Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Czarugo007: 11:02am On Jun 17
And you are releasing them?
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Ikumapkayi: 11:03am On Jun 17
Themanleshey:

Dey play , so what happen to the bandits that were untouchable before that are not being killed in mass?

Or you no dey read news ?

Don't mind him. Elections are over yet they refused to move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Amah70: 11:18am On Jun 17
Melagros:
COMRADES, as long as tinubu remains incompetent, the military under his leadership cannot solve the challenges of insecurity in Nigeria

That's now President Tinubu who for more than 12 years campaigned all over the SW region for political restructuring of Nigeria.

Bandis are offshoots of Boko Haram in war campaign for a country to be governed with Sharia criminal laws, the same laws adopted by the political and religious leaders in the sharia states of northern Nigeria.
Separationists in the SE and SW don't want a country to be governed with Sharia criminal laws.

Even a dimwt must tell that restructuring Nigeria to regional or zonal government system with fiscal federalism in practice, shall end the drive for a country to be governed with Sharia criminal laws, as well as end the secessionist groups intentions.

1 Like

Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by DCmonster: 11:25am On Jun 17
5,937 sacrificial lambs of jobless talented young adults who has been denied the opportunity to add values to their lives, family and society.
It will not be well with evil minded capitalists and Nigerian politicians.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Afonja007: 11:33am On Jun 17
Themanleshey:

Dey play , so what happen to the bandits that were untouchable before that are not being killed in mass?

i laugh in Cambodia Kwak Kwak Kwak you want to go and finish bandits with northern dominated nigerian army? Dey play
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by clarion30(f): 11:38am On Jun 17
Did you see their dead bodies?
Themanleshey:

Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Gobdddd(m): 11:48am On Jun 17
We're in trouble in this part of Nigeria

The Army know where this people are.
Go to Osu-Ihitte-Ukwa, and those areas and clear them.

Don't come to stand in Owerri roads or Enugu towns and be harassing innocent civilians.

God deliver us
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Badguy77(m): 11:51am On Jun 17
Them wan just go finish people children while their own dey abroad.. Nigeria is not worth kpaing for... Until we find those politicians and kpai dem all Nigeria will never be good.
Re: Army To Deploy 5,937 Soldiers To Fight Banditry, Secessionist Agitation - COAS by Blackdisciple(m): 12:02pm On Jun 17
Just wait only 300 will go to fight killer herdsmen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi: Profile Of The ADP Lagos Guber Candidate / LCC: Lagos Says Assembly Approved Loan Conversion To Reduce Interest Rate / APC To Wike: Return The N2bn Rivers Money You Donated To Ondo State PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.