Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,168 members, 7,880,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It (34612 Views)

Help! I Think I Am Being Scammed Into Marriage. / Help! My Wife Doesn’t Enjoy Sex / My Wife Doesn’t Respect Me Since I Lost My Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by TheWinterBird(f): 10:25am On Jun 17
Hmmm, just driving by in my Cadillac...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Biglittlelois(f): 10:40am On Jun 17
ScotHarvath:

I really don’t think most Nigerian girls deserve or want a cool headed man. They will show you shege.

The bolded is the reason why Op created this thread, to start a gender war and insults on all Nigerian women while using his imaginary wife and family as a case study

The usual stupidity of jobless guys on here.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Biglittlelois(f): 10:41am On Jun 17
Villa12:
Women don suffer from an average naija man hand

Do you want us to tell you to divorce your wife or tell you to stop being a responsible man?

Or you want us wey never marry to make sure we treat our woman like slave? Or you want those responsible martied men to withdraw from being responsible?

Nawa for una o

Waiting for Op's response to this!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Nelsondiego69: 10:45am On Jun 17
ScotHarvath:
I have been noticing this things for the past couple of months. She even said recently in a fight that I disgust her and she hated me, I wanted to call for a separation after hearing such strong words but she pleaded and I acquiesced.

We have two kids.

Yesterday which was Father’s Day, she woke up at 10 o clock, before she did, I had slept the house and prepared breakfast because I felt she needed to rest.

I went out to with my friends around 6pm and came back around 10pm and asked her to help make toast for dinner and she boldly told me to go the kitchen and make it myself.

I really blame myself for this situation now, I made myself to accessible to all. I barely keep friends. So I made her my best friend, tell her everything about my finances and all. I treat her as an equal.

Is it wrong to treat a Nigerian woman well this days?

Everybody is advising me to get a side chick but I’m not that kind of man, I’m not sneaky or crafty enough to maintain two relationships.

I have been told to stop spending time with her at home but I’m an introvert, I don’t like frolicking with other people unless it’s absolutely necessary and besides I work from home.

I have also been advised to treat her like a stranger in her house and not talk to her for days but once again I don’t want that kind of life. I feel truly trapped.

as a home worker, visit bet9ja shops from time to time and spend some little time there, and make sure to get some little things for the kids when you're coming and have money for it

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Jozilinn: 11:22am On Jun 17
ScotHarvath:
I have been noticing this things for the past couple of months. She even said recently in a fight that I disgust her and she hated me, I wanted to call for a separation after hearing such strong words but she pleaded and I acquiesced.

We have two kids.

Yesterday which was Father’s Day, she woke up at 10 o clock, before she did, I had slept the house and prepared breakfast because I felt she needed to rest.

I went out to with my friends around 6pm and came back around 10pm and asked her to help make toast for dinner and she boldly told me to go the kitchen and make it myself.

I really blame myself for this situation now, I made myself to accessible to all. I barely keep friends. So I made her my best friend, tell her everything about my finances and all. I treat her as an equal.

Everybody is advising me to get a side chick but I’m not that kind of man, I’m not sneaky or crafty enough to maintain two relationships.

I have been told to stop spending time with her at home but I’m an introvert, I don’t like frolicking with other people unless it’s absolutely necessary and besides I work from home.

I have also been advised to treat her like a stranger in her house and not talk to her for days but once again I don’t want that kind of life. I feel truly trapped.

there's something you are not telling us, you sound too good said things like you're Christ,guy what are your bad flaws nobody is perfect,you think you too good for her, you feel like you are doing her a favour, do you allow communication in the marriage, your friends said you should take s dude chick imagine guy, do you feel your wife standard is beneath you like she wasn't your class,e get why ask your woman your fault nobody can hate anybody for a reason if she doesn't have a reason then you ask her to leave call your family,tell them you aren't interested but will be caring for your kids,then after an agreement... you maintain your self focus on your attitude,try to love yourself before anything another woman can come in a year because by then you probably would have figured out the issue exactly. Accept blames and learn to give room for communication, you no offend her but you hurriedly did the chores to please her so only you know wetin dey happen you understand .

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by ScotHarvath: 11:29am On Jun 17
Jozilinn:
there's something you are not telling us, you sound too good said things like you're Christ,guy what are your bad flaws nobody is perfect,you think you too good for her, you feel like you are doing her a favour, do you allow communication in the marriage, your friends said you should take s dude chick imagine guy, do you feel your wife standard is beneath you like she wasn't your class,e get why ask your woman your fault nobody can hate anybody for a reason if she doesn't have a reason then you ask her to leave call your family,tell them you aren't interested but will be caring for your kids,then after an agreement... you maintain your self focus on your attitude,try to love yourself before anything another woman can come in a year because by then you probably would have figured out the issue exactly. Accept blames and learn to give room for communication, you no offend her but you hurriedly did the chores to please her so only you know wetin dey happen you understand .

Tell me how I painted myself as Christ. Everything up there is the truth. How do you make someone your everything without express communication?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Villa12(m): 11:33am On Jun 17
Jozilinn:
don't mind him. He came to seek advice from teenagers, single guys or from bitter men that their only joy is to see men divorcing their wives on a faceless forum.

@scotHarvath I hope you get what you're looking for.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by gift2xl: 11:34am On Jun 17
Dude each time am opportune to give advice, i am careful not to break homes.

First sir she is your wife.... have you sat her down or take her out and have a conversation with her. Most of our women don't know how to express themselves to their husbands, they assume that the husband mere looking at her should understand her body language and address it.

Note... Not every woman's behavioury altitude is "she's receiving another dick outside her husband" you see how your little daughters behave when they need something or something is bothering them. Even when you asked them, what's the issue, are you ok... they mostly reply "NOTHING" but something is eating them up. Our wife's behaves same. Patience, tolerance, petting etc goes along way to settle issues.

Be careful of the advice you get. Most men and women has lost their Good spouses because of wrong advice.
Time reviews all dont be in a rush to decide, give it time and you will know if it's your errors that's fueling her anger or not.
Peace!!

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Villa12(m): 11:34am On Jun 17
ScotHarvath:

Tell me how I painted myself as Christ. Everything up there is the truth. How do you make someone your everything without express communication?

we don't judge without hearing from the other side. Even the dumbest person on planet earth don't judge without hearing from both parties. Invite your wife to this faceless forum to share her own views.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by ScotHarvath: 11:40am On Jun 17
Villa12:
we don't judge without hearing from the other side. Even the dumbest person on planet earth don't judge without hearing from both parties. Invite your wife to this faceless forum to share her own views.

I don’t need your judgement, what you don’t understand is that is simple act of venting here has helped.

I’d rather vent here faceless than talk to family and friends about my issues.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by 1Sharon(f): 11:44am On Jun 17
Propaganda topic! OP registered just today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by BobbieZion(m): 11:44am On Jun 17
Accept your fault and move on....
You have your negative side too, so work on that.

The worst thing a Man can be is to be nice......
Never ever do that.
Don't ever go out of your way to please a coochie..... don't be naive.
I have been there before, I learnt my bitter lesson.

NB: Don't take advice from those b**ches.
The only woman you should love is your Mom.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Justkatty(f): 11:51am On Jun 17
Pray for her
Pamper her
Increase upkeep money
Spend more time with her
Avoid using abusive words on her
She'll definitely come back to you cheesy
God see you through.

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Solofresh2: 11:56am On Jun 17
cococandy:

What made him become a woman?

And why is womanhood attributed to loss of respect?
Yall are saying the quiet part out loud. Because to you women haters, being a woman means being a lesser human and that’s why it’s disrespectful to be seen as or compared to a woman

Gtfoh
I already talked about what made him a woman
I never said womanhood is attributed to loss of respect
I never claimed to be a woman hater and I never said said being a woman means being a lesser human.Get your facts right.
You are just making unverified assumptions
Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Loisemm2(f): 11:59am On Jun 17
ScotHarvath:

If there’s an altercation, she turns on off the Tsound system so the neighbors can hear everything.

Is it wrong to be a good man and want your wife to be your best friend.

If this marriage finally fails, the next woman I will date will see another version of me
Let your current wife see that other version of you first. See, most women like good men but they only respect and truly love a man they perceive as strong and firm. Mature women who have seen and experienced life will know the worth of a good man but most ladies don't till they learn to.

You need to become more firm with her. Don't tolerate nonsensical behaviour from her. Ignore her till thy kingdom come if she starts misbehaving. You can also choose not to mince words with her. Lay it all out with a very firm hard tone and face. Let her realise herself and choose a better path. Then let her know you won't continue to take mistreatment and foul words from her. Or there will be consequences. Not necessarily divorce. But don't tell her you can't do away with her if push comes to shove.
If she really values you and her marriage, she will seek for ways to make amends. If she doesn't, its her loss.

Even if she changes, love her very well but never become a door mat or an effeminate man again. Continue to be that strong firm disciplined man she knows she can't misbehave with. That man she knows loves her to the moon and back but won't take rubbish attitudes from her. This is the ideal man many women want and respect.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by ScotHarvath: 12:05pm On Jun 17
Loisemm2:

Let your current wife see that other version of you first. See, most women like good men but they only respect and truly love a man they perceive as strong and firm. Mature women who have seen and experienced life will know the worth of a good man but most ladies don't till they learn to.

You need to become more firm with her. Don't tolerate nonsensical behaviour from her. Ignore her till thy kingdom come if she starts misbehaving. You can also choose not to mince words with her. Lay it all out with a very firm hard tone and face. Let her realise herself and choose a better path. Then let her know you won't continue to take mistreatment and foul words from her. Or there will be consequences. Not necessarily divorce. But don't tell her you can't do away with her if push comes to shove.
If she really values you and her marriage, she will seek for ways to make amends. If she doesn't, its her loss.

Even if she changes, love her very well but never become a door mat or an effeminate man again. Continue to be that strong firm disciplined man she knows she can't misbehave with. That man she knows loves her to the moon and back but won't take rubbish attitudes from her. This is the ideal man many women want and respect.

Whoever you are, God bless you!

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Diamond1605(f): 12:33pm On Jun 17
ScotHarvath:

You know that not the truth, tell us the truth Mr good man
Beating her gives you joy, TELL THEM THE TRUTH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Diamond1605(f): 12:35pm On Jun 17
gift2xl:
Dude each time am opportune to give advice, i am careful not to break homes.

First sir she is your wife.... have you sat her down or take her out and have a conversation with her. Most of our women don't know how to express themselves to their husbands, they assume that the husband mere looking at her should understand her body language and address it.

Note... Not every woman's behavioury altitude is "she's receiving another dick outside her husband" you see how your little daughters behave when they need something or something is bothering them. Even when you asked them, what's the issue, are you ok... they mostly reply "NOTHING" but something is eating them up. Our wife's behaves same. Patience, tolerance, petting etc goes along way to settle issues.

Be careful of the advice you get. Most men and women has lost their Good spouses because of wrong advice.
Time reviews all dont be in a rush to decide, give it time and you will know if it's your errors that's fueling her anger or not.
Peace!!

God bless you brother

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Diamond1605(f): 12:37pm On Jun 17
Villa12:
He won’t be able to do that, so that he won’t get exposed.
You sabi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Knightred(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17
So you're cheating ??, why were you cheating?,now she hates u cause you're cheating,you now complain that she's cheating cause she caught you cheatingundecided

IS CHEATING A MUST FOR YOU CHEATERS.SMH. angry
((CELEB HATE CHEATING)) angry
»JH«

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Villa12(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17
ScotHarvath:

I don’t need your judgement, what you don’t understand is that is simple act of venting here has helped.

I’d rather vent here faceless than talk to family and friends about my issues.
you don't need my judgement but you brought your family matter to the public for bitter people to applaud you and teach you how to divorce or change towards your wife? Why then do you bring your wife matter to public forum if you don't want judgement? You sef reason am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by RPG2020(m): 1:07pm On Jun 17
Same thing happening with me my woman said she hates me and the kids

She is always bitter no laughing no playing with the kids always angry 😡 I'm down I'm feeling for the kids we both don't deserve them when their is problem first thing she does is to carry knife 🗡️

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by LordIsaac(m): 1:11pm On Jun 17
ScotHarvath:
Sex is another issue, I always have to beg for it and when I raised the issue in anger she said I can be going to get it from other girls.

I really don’t think most Nigerian girls deserve or want a cool headed man. They will show you shege.

Thinking back and seeing only the things I did I can only can myself a fool. Helping with the chores, helping with the kids, revealing everything about my finances to her, standing up to her family for once admonishing her, spending too much time with her and trying to make her my everything.

Friends have taught me a lot in this life which I why I chose to avoid friends and focus on my wife and family but this woman is making those same guys I abandoned for her call me a fool.

If there’s an altercation, she turns on off the TV and sound system so the neighbors can hear everything.

Is it wrong to be a good man and want your wife to be your best friend.

If this marriage finally fails, the next woman I will date will see another version of me
I have experienced this with a live-in girlfriend many years ago, so I understand you perfectly. Unfortunately, my brother, you have entered. Once a woman choose this path (from experience), only separation can give her a reset as she must be set free to go and check that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Regarding this issue, however, I read somewhere that prayer works! I doubt though that that prayer can be made under the same roof with her. I’m not advocating for divorce, just separation. The price to pay may be that her physical body may not remain the same by the time she will receive sense.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On Jun 17
Diamond1605:
Lies lies you won’t say how you beat her like a drum, you won’t say how you cheated more than 8 times with 8 different women. You won’t say how you always insult her and her family. You won’t say how you step on her while beating her. You won’t say how you made her feel like she is not a human Those your friends advising you will definitely lead you astray Come out and say the full story Coward
ScotHarvath, your attention is needed here! Abi na skit una dey act! undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by LordIsaac(m): 1:16pm On Jun 17
advanceDNA:
grin grin..some werey will come and say it's ur fault..that women dont wrong..it's not possible

She detest u, hates u,but wants to remain married to you to keep enjoying free rent, bills free, etc...

if u like treat her like stranger....woman wey hate u no go look uche face.... if u like nor eat her food...she will just laff at u cos na u lose since u don pay...
if u want to remain unhappy in ur loveless marriage to a woman that says she hates u, taking u for granted...na u sabi..gather more strength.. because for better or worse is still very far.....

But hey... grin ..there is a saying.. "A man will not remain in bondage for life, if he or his tormentor does not set him free, nature will do so"
This saying in your concluding paragraph is heavy!

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by bukatyne(f): 1:20pm On Jun 17
Diamond1605:

Lies lies you won’t say how you beat her like a drum, you won’t say how you cheated more than 8 times with 8 different women.

You won’t say how you always insult her and her family.

You won’t say how you step on her while beating her.

You won’t say how you made her feel like she is not a human

Those your friends advising you will definitely lead you astray

Come out and say the full story
Coward

Are you the wife cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by lailo: 1:21pm On Jun 17
Among all advice's, just know that:
1. People will always take you for granted either you are a male or female
2. You can never satisfy anybody either a male or female
3. You can never change anybody either a male or female
4. If u want to change any situation, change yourself
I hope this my little advice meet you well brother.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by saddler: 1:23pm On Jun 17
Namaster:
"She even said recently in a fight that I disgust her and she hated me."

That's a NEW dick speaking through your wife. You wife started tasting a new dick a couple of months ago and that's when it started.

She only asked you to stay because the new dick knows she's a LovePeddler and will not have anything serious with her. He'll fuuuck the shit out of her, though.

The fact that you stayed after being told to your face that you are no different from FAECES to her shows you have ZERO respect for yourself.

You have NO boundaries. So get ready for MORE. She'll start BEATING you soon.

You are the WET dream of abusive whores—an introvert with LOW self-esteem who'll SWEEP the house while a bitch is in bed SLEEPING till 10 o' clock. If you have a little money, your LovePeddler has hit the jackpot.

You'll NOT listen but I'll tell you anyway:

Get a DNA test for both kids. Then KICK her out. No matter the results of the DNA tests, KICK HER OUT.

Haaa! You are putting nuclear bomb 💣 inside fire 🔥

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by SalamRushdie: 1:24pm On Jun 17
ScotHarvath:

We have two kids.

Send her away ..she is already cheating on you emotionally with another dude

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by NothingDoMe: 1:24pm On Jun 17
Diamond1605:

Lies lies you won’t say how you beat her like a drum, you won’t say how you cheated more than 8 times with 8 different women.

You won’t say how you always insult her and her family.

You won’t say how you step on her while beating her.

You won’t say how you made her feel like she is not a human

Those your friends advising you will definitely lead you astray

Come out and say the full story
Coward
Are you the wife?
Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by NothingDoMe: 1:26pm On Jun 17
bukatyne:

Are you the wife cheesy
I think she is. She should create a thread so we can hear her side of the story since they've appointed us compulsory listeners.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn’t Respect Or Love Me Any More And I Think I Caused It by Jackipapa: 1:26pm On Jun 17
I blame Tinubu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Was Punished, Ostracized For 20 Years For Marrying A White Lady: Aroms Aigbehi / I Gave My Wife Money For Abortion / How Can I Do Away With My Wife? ( Correct Or Divorce Her)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.