Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,823 members, 7,898,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:01 AM

President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly (809 Views)

Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu / Atiku Campaign Angry Over Obiano’s Memo To Anambra Workers : / "Memo To Buhari, Atiku" By FAJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 9:39am On Jun 17
President Bola Tinubu and the National Assembly are on the path to greatness, IF they successfully restructure Nigeria back to regions, based on the map submitted by Afenifere.

This thread calls for Support for the National Assembly to approve the return to Regions,... but on ONE condition. The ONE condition is that the Eastern side of that map should be reworked to satisfy the SE and the SS zones. Currently, there are grumbles about the Eastern zone in the map which Afenifere has prepared. And quite frankly, I think the grumbles are genuine concerns.

We can NOT afford to build a nation where one side is unhappy. It would never work. No great nation is built by keeping one region dissatisfied. If we want Nigeria to work, to be great, then every indigene must be happy. Hence, the Eastern side of that Afenifere map should be corrected to satisfy the wishes of the Eastern people. Then we can all be happy with the restructuring. And Bola Tinubu would have achieved one great thing in his lifetime.

Corrections to the Regional Map - My Suggestions.

First, there was no reason to divide Cross River state into two, and push one part into the Eastern Middle Belt region. There is no sensible reason for it, and infact it would cause dissent in the SS region, which isn't good for Nigeria. So, the division of Cross Rivers State is unnecessary, evil and not justified. It should be reversed and Cross River state should be left as it is. ... Rather, we should create a Bakassi State, from reclaimed land in the Calabar waters, and use that to compensate the Bakassi people for the great mistake of the past. The Bakassi State should be created from reclaimed land. It would be a small state though, but is necessary to compensate the Bakassi people for the wrong Nigeria did them. If we do this, we would have fixed the Bakassi problem alongside achieveing Regionalism. Perfect.

Secondly, the Anioma side of Delta State should be joined with the South East region. I am surprised this was not done, and quite frankly it is wicked and unacceptable. If Kwara State was joined with the SW, then Asaba should be joined with the SE. Asaba is Igboland, and they are indigenous Igbos; so putting them with their SE brothers is the fair thing to do; same as was done with Kwara yorubas. Fix this to satisfy our Igbo brothers. Nigeria can NOT be great by keeping one region unhappy.

I have highlighted TWO issues that should be fixed in the regional map prepared by Afenifere. (1) Push Asaba and Anioma to join their SE brothers. (2) Reverse the division of Cross Rivers state, and instead create a Bakassi state from reclaimed land in the Calabar Atlantic.

If we successfully fix these two things on the Afenifere regional map, then every region would be happy to accept the Regional Structure. Bakassi people would be happy at last; Biafra agitation would end, Oduduwa Republic would also end. One stone to kill 3 birds. Regionalism, if done right, would fix those fundamental problems. But if we fail to fix those two things, the East would remain dissatisfied, and we cannot build a great nation when a region is displeased. We must be matured to make every indigenous Nigerian feel at home. We are all Nigerians in our country, and no indigene should feel dissatisfied in his native land.

I want to urge President Tinubu and the National Assembly to commit to restructuring Nigeria to regions, only if the TWO issues I mentioned are corrected. If Regional government is the only thing Tinubu achieved, then so be it. He would have done one good thing in his lifetime.

Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by Chikel20000(m): 9:50am On Jun 17
U tried and u were very sincere in ur opinion....nice one....but I don't think it will stop d agitation for Biafra.....though it is good n will help ease d pains of d eat but d presidency knows what to do?
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by Chinkoalhaji34: 9:55am On Jun 17
Lets keep the laughter rolling, Tinubustyle!
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 9:55am On Jun 17
Chikel20000:
U tried and u were very sincere in ur opinion....nice one....but I don't think it will stop d agitation for Biafra.....though it is good n will help ease d pains of d eat but d presidency knows what to do?

Regional structure would stop the agitation. If we grant regions more powers, then agitations would die out.
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by Isaacc729l: 9:56am On Jun 17
Loyal citizens like me will always support Tinubu in his quest to move our nation forward, his leadership has been extraordinary!
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 9:57am On Jun 17
Chinkoalhaji34:
Lets keep the laughter rolling, Tinubustyle!

critique99:
President Bola Tinubu and the National Assembly are on the path to greatness, IF they successfully restructure Nigeria back to regions, based on the map submitted by Afenifere.

This thread calls for Support for the National Assembly to approve the return to Regions,... but on ONE condition. The ONE condition is that the Eastern side of that map should be reworked to satisfy the SE and the SS zones. Currently, there are grumbles about the Eastern zone in the map which Afenifere has prepared. And quite frankly, I think the grumbles are genuine concerns.

We can NOT afford to build a nation where one side is unhappy. It would never work. No great nation is built by keeping one region dissatisfied. If we want Nigeria to work, to be great, then every indigene must be happy. Hence, the Eastern side of that Afenifere map should be corrected to satisfy the wishes of the Eastern people. Then we can all be happy with the restructuring. And Bola Tinubu would have achieved one great thing in his lifetime.

First, there was no reason to divide Cross River state into two, and push one part into the Eastern Middle Belt region. There is no sensible reason for it, and infact it would cause dissent in the SS region, which isn't good for Nigeria. So, the division of Cross Rivers State is unnecessary, evil and not justified. It should be reversed and Cross River state should be left as it is. ... Rather, we should create a Bakassi State, from reclaimed land in the Calabar waters, and use that to compensate the Bakassi people for the great mistake of the past. The Bakassi State should be created from reclaimed land. It would be a small state though, but is necessary to compensate the Bakassi people for the wrong Nigeria did them. If we do this, we would have fixed the Bakassi problem alongside achieveing Regionalism. Perfect.

Secondly, the Anioma side of Delta State should be joined with the South East region. I am surprised this was not done, and quite frankly it is wicked and unacceptable. If Kwara State was joined with the SW, then Asaba should be joined with the SE. Asaba is Igboland, and they are indigenous Igbos; so putting them with their SE brothers is the fair thing to do; same as was done with Kwara yorubas. Fix this to satisfy our Igbo brothers. Nigeria can NOT be great by keeping one region unhappy.

I have highlighted TWO issues that should be fixed in the regional map prepared by Afenifere. (1) Push Asaba and Anioma to join their SE brothers. (2) Reverse the division of Cross Rivers state, and instead create a Bakassi state from reclaimed land in the Calabar Atlantic.

If we successfully fix these two things on the Afenifere regional map, then every region would be happy to accept the Regional Structure. Bakassi people would be happy at last; Biafra agitation would end, Oduduwa Republic would also end. One stone to kill 3 birds. Regionalism, if done right, would fix those fundamental problems. But if we fail to fix those two things, the East would remain dissatisfied, and we cannot build a great nation when a region is displeased. We must be matured to make every indigenous Nigerian feel at home. We are all Nigerians in our country, and no indigene should feel dissatisfied in his native land.

I want to urge President Tinubu and the National Assembly to commit to restructuring Nigeria to regions, only if the TWO issues I mentioned are corrected. If Regional government is the only thing Tinubu achieved, then so be it. He would have done one good thing in his lifetime.
critique99:

critique99:

Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 10:02am On Jun 17
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 10:20am On Jun 17
critique99:
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 10:20am On Jun 17

ll
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 11:07am On Jun 17
cry
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 11:07am On Jun 17
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 1:00pm On Jun 17
cry
critique99:

ll
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by critique99: 1:00pm On Jun 17
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by helinues: 1:01pm On Jun 17
Una dey play
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by ScratchDtoto: 1:02pm On Jun 17
helinues:
Una dey play

Why are you dragging nepa ladder with a woman that sells ogi ?
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by Antitankweapon: 9:03am On Jun 18
sad shocked
ScratchDtoto:

Why are you dragging nepa ladder with a woman that sells ogi ?
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by Antitankweapon: 9:04am On Jun 18
investments
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by Antitankweapon: 12:20pm On Jun 18
kiss
critique99:

Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by Antitankweapon: 12:20pm On Jun 18
grin
Re: President Bola Tinubu - Memo To National Assembly by Melagros(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18
COMRADES do you think regional government will be good to Nigeria or just crave for having good leadership?

(1) (Reply)

Rumble In Senate: Senators Salaries Cut By 60% / God Bless The Punch / Etteh And Her Chiarman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.