Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,072 members, 7,916,130 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:03 PM

See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 (39201 Views)

See The Diced Tomatoes And Fresh Pepper I Bought #200 And how I prepared it. / The Tomatoes, Onions & Pepper I Bought For ₦100 In Dutsinma, Katsina / See The Tomatoes And Onions I Bought For 50 Naira In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Blaze14k: 11:59am On Jun 17
The tomatoe pleabty self.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Akpabio22(m): 12:00pm On Jun 17
LifestyleTonite:

Everyone wants to put on suit and tie even when their brain is not fit for western education. More than half of those in school really have no business being there. But since society has programmed us all to think you cannot make with without a paper called certificate, many now hope on education.

A girl who has acumen for business will abandon that to go study accounting in school so that she can graduate and start helping business people account for their money. This she does for a "take home pay" that can't take her home. After a while, she starts selling hair on Whatsapp status. If she had used the money spent on school fees and the four years spent on university education to focus 9n her hair business, she won't be relying on take home pay.

Go round and ask youths if they dream of becoming a farmer. Almost all them will say no; some might even curse you for wishing such on them. Yet we wonder why food is scarce. All these have to be considered to make things right. Sadly, some dumb people see this food scarcity as an opportunity to promote Peter Obi as saviour. How a people chose to package a fraud they know too well is baffling to me.

I truly blame Tinubu for being a gentleman. Man doesn't want to expose Buhari, that's why kids think Tinubu is the total cause of the hardship. They never knew that Buhari was patching things up with borrowed funds so that Nigerians won't say things got bad under him. If Tinubu wanted to be bad as well, he would have continued to patch things up and then dump it all on his successor. However, he chose to face reality, same reality many Nigerians don't want to accept. If Tinubu fails to steady the ship, he should know that a new captain will take over .

On this tomato scarcity, I heard it is caused by tomato Ebola. Ok, we agree. But how come pepper is also scarce? Does pepper suffer from the same disease? I think this is economic sabotage by the north. The region wants to do everything possible to frustrate the southern presidency. Food is 9ne of their weapons.

I'm glad Southwest governors have ordered the commissioners of agriculture of each state to meet and discuss how the region can grow its own food. I ask, why do most southern states have agriculture commissioners when the region can't grow its own food? Any state with such officers should sack them because they are blockheads. Look at the vast lands we have in our region. We also have rivers and the sea. Why is fish expensive? Can government investment in fishing and farming? I understand Lagos doesn't have enough land, but how about Ogun, Oyo, Kwara, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti? Even the Lagos that doesn't have land is investing in rice production in collaboration with a northern state.

Nigeria is dying and our leaders are not the only ones to blame.

senseless post. Tinubu use all strategies to make sure buhari complete his tenure for his selfish gain. You don't know anything too much of mummy s food consumption has finished your mentally come out and face what Nigerias are facing ode

2 Likes

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:01pm On Jun 17
Lanretoye:
If not that bulk of the our farm produce are going to nearby countries,this kind of thing wouldn’t have been happening.only few days that the southeast roads was blocked for the northerners to transport their pepper and tomatoes they lamented that they lost billions.
I see no reason a ram that was bought for 80k in nasarawa will cost up to 200k in Lagos even if na flight them take transport am come Lagos.

You devalued the naira and the farmers got a better offer for their produce from neighbouring countries, yet you don't want them to sell! Are you wicked?
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by NobleSeed(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17
You even get time to dey reply that Werey 😂
Asked am if himself dey into the agriculture way him dey preach about?
Telling people not to school, tell if he can relate same advice to him siblings?
Your leader's are incompetent accept the fact he's here playing blame games here and there nonsense.
btaliat:

This is the reason why I believe majority of Nigerians are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. How many of your leaders plant in their backyards? How many of your leaders truly deserve the positions they are today? I don't know why people will be giving excuses to those oppressing him.

Truly, you have said the right thing. Tinubu took the bulk by the horn, no doubt. Kudos to him. But this suffering should be felt by everybody including the government, hence, solutions would be proffered quickly. Not when only the people are to bear the brunt.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Chikel20000(m): 12:03pm On Jun 17
In Nasarawa state where I reside, it's even worse.....I wonder how people from d south copes?

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by samomoli: 12:04pm On Jun 17
Nigerians are gullible. Can everyone be a farmer. Plant this plant that, how much quantity and duration your yield will last planting in bucket and sack. I wonder how people think. Instead of asking questions from ministry of Agriculture and state commissioners what they are doing, they are shouting every one should plant.

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by chenny360(m): 12:10pm On Jun 17
Trash
LifestyleTonite:

Everyone wants to put on suit and tie even when their brain is not fit for western education. More than half of those in school really have no business being there. But since society has programmed us all to think you cannot make with without a paper called certificate, many now hope on education.

A girl who has acumen for business will abandon that to go study accounting in school so that she can graduate and start helping business people account for their money. This she does for a "take home pay" that can't take her home. After a while, she starts selling hair on Whatsapp status. If she had used the money spent on school fees and the four years spent on university education to focus 9n her hair business, she won't be relying on take home pay.

Go round and ask youths if they dream of becoming a farmer. Almost all them will say no; some might even curse you for wishing such on them. Yet we wonder why food is scarce. All these have to be considered to make things right. Sadly, some dumb people see this food scarcity as an opportunity to promote Peter Obi as saviour. How a people chose to package a fraud they know too well is baffling to me.

I truly blame Tinubu for being a gentleman. Man doesn't want to expose Buhari, that's why kids think Tinubu is the total cause of the hardship. They never knew that Buhari was patching things up with borrowed funds so that Nigerians won't say things got bad under him. If Tinubu wanted to be bad as well, he would have continued to patch things up and then dump it all on his successor. However, he chose to face reality, same reality many Nigerians don't want to accept. If Tinubu fails to steady the ship, he should know that a new captain will take over .

On this tomato scarcity, I heard it is caused by tomato Ebola. Ok, we agree. But how come pepper is also scarce? Does pepper suffer from the same disease? I think this is economic sabotage by the north. The region wants to do everything possible to frustrate the southern presidency. Food is 9ne of their weapons.

I'm glad Southwest governors have ordered the commissioners of agriculture of each state to meet and discuss how the region can grow its own food. I ask, why do most southern states have agriculture commissioners when the region can't grow its own food? Any state with such officers should sack them because they are blockheads. Look at the vast lands we have in our region. We also have rivers and the sea. Why is fish expensive? Can government investment in fishing and farming? I understand Lagos doesn't have enough land, but how about Ogun, Oyo, Kwara, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti? Even the Lagos that doesn't have land is investing in rice production in collaboration with a northern state.

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by ClearFlair: 12:10pm On Jun 17
FourQu:
H A A A A ! ! shocked

Helinues! Stop running . . . come and tell us what you like to say on threads like this cool

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Cj4charles(m): 12:16pm On Jun 17
FourQu:
H A A A A ! ! shocked

Helinues! Stop running . . . come and tell us what you like to say on threads like this cool

He is very busy now because him and his fellow miscreants are busy looking for Obi's post

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by bluefilm: 12:17pm On Jun 17
The tilumboolation must continue
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by PotatoSalad(m): 12:19pm On Jun 17
LifestyleTonite:

You no see Atiku or Sowore, na Peter Obi.
You made good points but still ended up looking like a clown. Which one is sabotage by the north?
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by PotatoSalad(m): 12:22pm On Jun 17
MatrixReloaded:
Look for land around ur neighbourhood and farm. If no land relocate to farmland and start tilting. Don't come here and be showing me your laziness
Fool. Na so oyibo Dey do? Nigerians will adapt to anything. Increase fuel price tomorrow and they'll tell you that you should start walking and stop feeling lazy.
Una never see anything
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by just2endowed: 12:23pm On Jun 17
LifestyleTonite:

In all the things you said, so herdsmen and bandit are now friends with farmers abi? Wonderful. F

Nigerian farmers, oya come and go back to farm as op don't think your lives are under threat..
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by CapitalBank: 12:26pm On Jun 17
JASONjnr:
In as much as I don't like this government.... But people should know certain things without pointing fingers unnecessarily.

This isn't the season for tomato and also we don't have enough rain yet....

Last week, I travelled to Jos for a function and I couldn't buy many fruits. The sellers cried for rain.

They complained that irrigation is expensive as diesel and PMS are unaffordable. Hopefully onions was difficult to get and that moment came and breeze off.

All the people bringing alternative to tomato should know that, nothing can ever replace tomato. You can't replace a sweet and understanding girlfriend.

I wouldn't have commented but you clearly don't know the duty of a government in nation building. You make excuses for irresponsible leadership.

Maybe it is ignorance and if that is the case, go on youtube and see how government are making effort to help their country in areas like this. It is not my job to teach you if you choose to be ignorant.

One day, I will leave this country for you people to continue to kill yourselves and die slow painful death since people like you don't want to be at least reasonable in your disposition...
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by lastkingsman: 12:26pm On Jun 17
MatrixReloaded:
Look for land around ur neighbourhood and farm. If no land relocate to farmland and start tilting. Don't come here and be showing me your laziness

You are a complete dunce. This is your solution to reducing food inflation?
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Solababa91(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17
You didn't tell us whose fault that price of Petrol skyrocketed, the gains of the shredded subsidy we no see rather Nigeria still borrow as if tomorrow no dey, you can't absolve the government any blame in the current quagmire Nigeria finds itself.
JASONjnr:
In as much as I don't like this government.... But people should know certain things without pointing fingers unnecessarily.

This isn't the season for tomato and also we don't have enough rain yet....

Last week, I travelled to Jos for a function and I couldn't buy many fruits. The sellers cried for rain.

They complained that irrigation is expensive as diesel and PMS are unaffordable. Hopefully onions was difficult to get and that moment came and breeze off.

All the people bringing alternative to tomato should know that, nothing can ever replace tomato. You can't replace a sweet and understanding girlfriend.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by NoToPile: 12:31pm On Jun 17
Generally this season is when tomatoes is costly (may June and a bit of July till the watery species come out) but seems this year's own is not just the normal tomatoes scarcity season, there's more to it because pepper Bawa Tatashe is also expensive.

Maybe the rains plus transport costs but then transport has been expensive since beginning of this year.

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by franudi: 12:34pm On Jun 17
As long as Fulani cattle rearers are allowed to be in the bush terrorising farmers, food crisis will continue to be getting worse. The federal government under Tinubu is not serious about food security in this country.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Meedon: 12:37pm On Jun 17
Very cheap
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Redman44(m): 12:38pm On Jun 17
NoToPile:
Generally this season is when tomatoes is costly (may June and a bit of July till the watery species come out) but seems this year's own is not just the normal tomatoes scarcity season, there's more to it because pepper Bawa Tatashe is also expensive.

Maybe the rains plus transport costs but then transport has been expensive since beginning of this year.

Southern middlemen are part of the problem. They will bring in tomatoes from the North and sell at expensive prices in the South. They have taught the hausa traders how to be greedy. Try and plant vegetables on free space in your house. Cheers.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by eleniyan2020: 12:43pm On Jun 17
OneCandleAway:

Go to the north and ask that stupid question. Maybe you're blind with all the news of farmers being killed and farming communities being levied by bandits or sent to idp.
you're waiting for northerners to farm for you...
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Enemyofpeace: 12:44pm On Jun 17
Very very ship
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by franudi: 12:44pm On Jun 17
LifestyleTonite:

Mr. Peter Obi has never been a fraud. Tinubu is the fraud, but you don't want to say it because you are one of the people that brought him to torment Nigerians.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by princejude(m): 12:45pm On Jun 17
Godons1:
This is 400 in Kaduna
which part of Kaduna?

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by ezechi24(m): 12:45pm On Jun 17
idealogical:
If you don't have land or a backyard, to plant, get a bucket, punch a hole under the bucket, add soil, and grow your tomato and pepper.

Instead of complaining, you have the power to reduce demand and lower food prices.

You must be extremely stupid.....okay he should go and planed tomato and pepper and wait for 8months to cook how many pots of stew, ..... sometimes I see AJC supporters of no only being evil but also foolish and insensitive .
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Ishilove: 12:45pm On Jun 17
Na wa o.

This is just insane. How can the government remain mute in the face of so much hardship??

1 Like

Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by ncdegreat: 12:46pm On Jun 17
You see how fullish you look trying to defend and justify an incompetent president.

Peter Obi your calling fraud has said it over and over again to bring evidence of corruption and fraud against him for many years yet you and your Tinubu didn't see any.

My prayers for u is that may Nigeria continue to happen to you and may u lead ur family the way Tinubu is leading Nigeria. Ode!!
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by franudi: 12:47pm On Jun 17
eleniyan2020:
who are the farmers who should go back to farm...everybody is running to school that is not productive,abi watin Nigeria enginees fit build?
Which farm are you talking about. Fulani herdsmen are there destroying farms and killing farmers.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by wiseoneking: 12:48pm On Jun 17
Godons1:
This is 400 in Kaduna
still very high
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by chatinent: 12:49pm On Jun 17

My chest
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Akinpresident: 12:50pm On Jun 17
4 tomatoes goes for 1k in Makurdi.
Re: See The Tomatoes And Pepper I Bought For N2000 by Mandate1: 12:56pm On Jun 17
idealogical:
If you don't have land or a backyard, to plant, get a bucket, punch a hole under the bucket, add soil, and grow your tomato and pepper.

Instead of complaining, you have the power to reduce demand and lower food prices.
na so dem dey do am for western world?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

English Names For Naija Native Foods / Cooking Beans Can Be Very Frustrating (see Pics) / Okra Weakens The Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.