Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,933 members, 7,973,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 11:20 AM

How To Water Yam Plant In Sac Bags For Proper Germination? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Water Yam Plant In Sac Bags For Proper Germination? (188 Views)

Gardening: How To Water Plants For A Month At No Cost (Pictures) / My Sac Yam Diary / Harmattan And Germination: What You Can Do To Mitigate The Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Water Yam Plant In Sac Bags For Proper Germination? by healthmister01(m): 12:20pm On Jun 17
Can we water yams planted in bags when it has not yet germinated?[i][/i]

You can, but don't over wet them. Allow rain to fall properly before planting anything, my opinion though. Yes it needs water to germinate.

Every 4 days interver. Yes, they require a lot of water at this stage. Two litres of water every four days in the absence of rain.

You can wet, once in a day maybe in the evening, I do so with mine and they have started geminating.

If you have planted already then there is need you water it while waiting for rain or it may whither or dry up .

But at most cases, there is no need for that. You can let it to grow first or wait for the rain. In the absence of rain water every 3-4 days. But make sure your sac bags is perforated to avoid water-logging.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE 👇👇👇

https://www.agrolivestockfarming.com.ng/2024/04/how-to-water-yams-planted-in-sac-bags.html

Re: How To Water Yam Plant In Sac Bags For Proper Germination? by joycluv: 1:18pm On Jun 17
In less than one month now, people will will start harvesting yams and you are here talking about planting and watering yams.

There is time for everything......

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Earlier This Morning.... How To Plant Curry Leaves For Export...(best Practices) / Need To Buy Doussie, Kosso, Mussivi / Need To Buy Doussie, Kosso, Mussivi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.