Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,725 members, 7,892,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:54 PM

What Type Of Crop Someone Can Plant This Month Of August In Nigeria? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Type Of Crop Someone Can Plant This Month Of August In Nigeria? (149 Views)

I Need Water Yam That I Can Plant 08061311315 / This Drone Can Plant A 100,000 Trees A Day / If You Need Any Tutor On Agriculture Basically On Planting Of Crop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Type Of Crop Someone Can Plant This Month Of August In Nigeria? by danielitel01(m): 1:50pm On Jun 17
I did recommend Beans. I won't say go for plantain, lol. I think planting plantain is rather late now. The best month to start planting plantain is April/May. Any plantain planted now especially in the South West is 50/50. But if you have access to water please go ahead. Even cassava and corn.

For the month of August, beans, maize, carrots and many more. Or just beans

What of Beany seed? This is the time for Beany seed. You can get it from any ministry of Agriculture or agro farm shop in your locality. Request for Samize 15 and 17 or, SC 719 for your maize and, 419 specie for your cassava.

In case of watermelon, it is planted mainly twice in the year. Between March and April and in August. It does not need too much rain, but does not do well if there is no rain. Cucumber can be planted all through the year. The only challenge is that both watermelon and cucumber are like babies. They require intensive care. As from two weeks, you have to spray at least once weekly with insecticides, fungicides and others. Fertilizers should be applied at least twice before harvest.

There is my recommendation:[i]

* Maize

* Cucumber

* Watermelon

* Cowpea (Beans)

* Soyabeans

* Cassava

* Melon

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE 👇👇👇

https://www.agrolivestockfarming.com.ng/2024/04/what-type-of-crop-someone-can-plants.html

(1) (Reply)

Brand New FOREHEAD INFRARED / Heard Of Solarcreed Before? Your Experiences. / Trump Issued COVID-19 Travel Restrictions Too Late To Help NYC: CDC Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.