Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,194 members, 7,925,710 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 09:01 PM

Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos (14930 Views)

Abba Kyari: Police Reveal Identity Of Suspected Drug Barons / Customs Officers Kill Okada Rider While Chasing Rice Smugglers In Oyo (Graphic) / People Shot Dead By Customs Officers In Ogun State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:36pm On Jun 17
The Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Adewale Adeniyi, has revealed that drug barons are increasingly recruiting customs officers and officials of bonded terminals into their drug trafficking operations to evade security checks.

Adeniyi disclosed that the NCS had made significant progress in identifying such corrupt elements within and outside the service who facilitated the movement of drug consignments without proper examination.

Speaking at an event showcasing a major drug seizure at the Tin-Can Port, Adeniyi emphasised that those involved would face severe legal consequences.

During the weekend, Adeniyi displayed approximately N4.2bn worth of seized hemp, highlighting that the NCS was intensifying its scrutiny on the activities of “unscrupulous customs officers” to eliminate them from the system, noting that some indicted officers were found to be collaborating with bonded terminal operators to expedite the clearance of drug shipments.

He said, “I assure you that the service will soon name, shame and arrest those involved. The modus operandi of the syndicate involves moving imported containers from the port on transit without proper examination, diverting them to private premises instead of bonded warehouses.”

He acknowledged the collaborative efforts of sister agencies, particularly the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), in combating drug trafficking.

https://dailytrust.com/drug-barons-recruiting-officers-staff-of-bonded-terminals-cgc/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Melagros(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17
COMRADES are speechless
Could this allegations be true grin grin grin
Anyway, don't trust the Nigerian security men because they can do the undone

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by CilicMarin: 2:39pm On Jun 17
As if he is innocent...All Custom officers are bloody criminals.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by pongwa(m): 2:41pm On Jun 17
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailytrust.com/drug-barons-recruiting-officers-staff-of-bonded-terminals-cgc/
increase the welfare of all paramilitary operatives and introduce a stiffer penalty for sharp practices. Recruit Only qualified personnel and erase all form of malpractice in recruitment exercises. Lastly, ensure transparency in all government operations by going digital, what I mean is that all government transactions should be carried out digitally and made public for the world to see

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by PresidObi: 2:43pm On Jun 17
grin grin
Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by muyico(m): 2:47pm On Jun 17
they were in all defend sector! how our nation want take move forward

3 Likes

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by slivertongue: 2:48pm On Jun 17
they offer them better living wage

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Racoon(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17
grin Nothing new! A confirmed heroin-drug running baron that went to school in CSU but ended up forging its certificate was foist upon a nation. Imagine this is even coming from the CG of custom appointed into office by the same person. Nigeria is a criminal enterprise under this government.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by psucc(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17
Now the Tinubu supporters won't shout "de marketing" Nigeria. Imagine this coming from the Boss himself

6 Likes

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Eriokanmi: 4:31pm On Jun 17
The network is so strong. It's from top-down. I pray it doesn't take time before Nigeria heals from these woes. What the NY Times said about this regime is mind-boggling.

6 Likes

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by kingzjay(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17
As if this is a new thing or he is just finding out about this now... Comot jhoor
Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Brendaniel: 4:32pm On Jun 17
Part of the reason I didn't want Tinubu to be president......

5 Likes

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Newyorkitis(m): 4:33pm On Jun 17
Hian
Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by unity004(m): 4:33pm On Jun 17
Just as the drug president recruited you as customs boss grin grin grin
Welcome to the new Columbia of Pablo Tinubu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by jumpandpas(m): 4:33pm On Jun 17
grin

Didn't you recruit a drug lord to lead you, why are you complaining?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by ecomalchemistt(m): 4:33pm On Jun 17
This has been going on since inception , nothing new.

Train your boys properly and remunerate them properly

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by AbuTwins: 4:34pm On Jun 17
If BATholomew came from the SE, the SE won't call him a drugee!
Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Menclothing1: 4:34pm On Jun 17
The bad people are the once enjoying Nigeria they work together in tribe and religion

Poor people are the once defending tribe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by OilandGasMarket: 4:34pm On Jun 17
Lol. If you no settle well. Rid corruption totally. Work on Fisayo's report.

3 Likes

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Squirrel1(m): 4:35pm On Jun 17
Lmao Pablos are Taking over the country grin

1 Like

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Elzazzi: 4:35pm On Jun 17
Their Patron is the current President. So drug dealers will have a field day. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by EmmyMaestro(m): 4:36pm On Jun 17
He is talking as if it is a new thing. It is one of the major reasons why people rush during recruitment. In fact, if you work with customs and you say you don't have money it will be hard for your relatives to believe you

1 Like

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by jeeqaa7(m): 4:36pm On Jun 17
Their Number One dey Aso Rock...
You must Fold
Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Anguldi(m): 4:37pm On Jun 17
tongue
Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Mindlog: 4:37pm On Jun 17
He said, “I assure you that the service will soon name, shame and arrest those involved...... Future impossible tense. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Lordbinsmar: 4:37pm On Jun 17
grin

Ndi developer pipu at work

grin

I know some flat___head piglets will come after this comment.
Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by tunwumi: 4:38pm On Jun 17
Ok
Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Eriokanmi: 4:38pm On Jun 17
Brendaniel:
Part of the reasons I didn't want Tinubu to be president......
Me too and I've been called me names wey my mama no give me on top. I take am resemble obj who was called worst names
Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by GreenxGreen: 4:38pm On Jun 17
grin

The have bright future in Nigeria grin grin grin

Re: Drug Barons Recruiting Customs Officers, Staff Of Bonded Terminals – Customs Bos by Shikena(m): 4:38pm On Jun 17
Lots of reverse psychology on the first page grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taskforce And Thugs Attack Lilypond Terminal, Tin Can / Aso Rock Hotel Workers In Police Net For Swindling Owner Of ₦3.5 Million / Robbed With Paycom Nigeria Pos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.