Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,851 members, 7,872,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:41 PM

Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report (4536 Views)

3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars / Residents Raise Concerns As Beans Price Soars In Lagos / Food Inflation Under President Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Musauzor(m): 9:03am On Jun 18
Yoruba has finished this country walahi. They are in charge of the economy and the economy has collapsed completely

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by chijioka(m): 9:07am On Jun 18
And to them the most important things are VPs new apartment and New presidential planes.
It baffles me how someone with common sense still supports this govt.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by phemmie06(m): 9:09am On Jun 18
I believe the blind followers have a special market and economy.
Among all these the legitlooters propose buying of presidential jet which the presidency support

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by fineboynl(m): 9:09am On Jun 18
Lorddominic:
I spent 14k on 1 paint bucket of rice and white beans respectively yesterday....it will never end well for all supporters of APC.
that could have got you a bag of 50kg rice and 50kg bean during PDP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by condralbedez: 9:15am On Jun 18
Vulturebbqgrills and the darling crews says otherwise
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by SKYHIGHfx: 9:15am On Jun 18
The poor can't breath
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Villa12(m): 9:20am On Jun 18
SpecialAdviser:
Tinubu: I will continue where Buhari stopped
Buhari: Support Tinubu he will do well.
Presidency : Tinubu inherited bad economy from Buhari.
BATerians: Peter Obi is to blame
Me: All of una dey mad
na rich person dey chop better food for naija now o

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Niok: 9:21am On Jun 18
Yoruba ppl will still praise prostrate and worship tilumbu even if he continues to put them on chokehold
Tribalism rules!
It's more like the government giving them 1k naira in exchange for their brains
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Abagworo(m): 9:21am On Jun 18
This is a big lie. The inflation is more than 500%
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by sterlingD(m): 9:28am On Jun 18
Simeon88:
This is not funny anymore. Can someone educate on the cause of this food inflation because I don't believe it's just the subsidy removal. Why is transportation fares not as impacted?
Insecurity , insecurity, insecurity
Fuel subsidy removal
FX crisis
High custom duties
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by ogaontop(m): 9:30am On Jun 18
Na statistics we go chop?
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Rejouir: 9:31am On Jun 18
The worst so far
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by abdsamad(m): 9:36am On Jun 18
Banbanna:
Why is it so difficult for this government to revert, even just to a midway point, some of these policies that have inflicted this widespread misery on the nation, policies that's been counterproductive thus far?
Seems these people at the top are living in another Nigeria. One that's far far different from the Nigeria of the rest of us. This is so painfully sad😢

Seems?
It does not seem o.
Should someone who constantly has hundreds of millions of naira in their various accounts UNDERSTAND that something is expensive? Unless it is their third helicopter they're buying, that's when they know things are hard. Then they steal more money to buy that.

Someone whose wallet doesn't know the difference between tomato 2000 and tomato 4000. Even if tomato becomes 40000, do you expect them to know the difference. They don't even know, much less knowing and not caring (which they also suffer from).

Someone who is living in a house where he doesn't pay rent and power is 24/7 because... Well, worst case he can afford solar to power everything.

He wakes up and jumps in a tinted car worth hundreds of millions, in an estate where everybody owns private jets.

Why are we guessing about whether they live in another world?

4 Likes

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Elusive001: 9:37am On Jun 18
Edoreborn:
Bastard people...One can't afford two square meal anymore..Come here in d north,,na buns and water people dey chop now.. Everywhere u see women carrying rubber of buns and d queue no be here oo.. bastards

Bros two meals per day no be square meal ooooo. It is triangular meal. Once a day na linear meal oooo.

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Godszilla: 9:45am On Jun 18
SpecialAdviser:
Tinubu: I will continue where Buhari stopped
Buhari: Support Tinubu he is doing well.
Presidency : Tinubu inherited bad economy from Buhari.
Presidency: Reward him with a new presidential jet
BATerians: Peter Obi is to blame
supporters: é pàtè òwò
Fixed

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by phorget(m): 9:49am On Jun 18
Even the agbado and cassava they promised us is not even affordable.

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by RealityKings(f): 9:57am On Jun 18
Of you see money buy food this period, you are a magician.

20,000 can only buy 1 paint rubber or rice, 2 bowls of Gari and 1 paint rubber of beans and you will not get change.
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by ogbe88(m): 10:13am On Jun 18
anonimi:

Truly gbajue Peter Obi is to blame for misleading his ObiDense followers to divide PDP vote and make ThiefNuibu president.

If lamba master Obi has any dignity, he should be begging for forgiveness along with his ObiDense headless mob.

U are a clown
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Aether(m): 10:15am On Jun 18
Unfortunately, that old sycophant onanuga opened his decaying mouth on national TV and was saying that the prices of food have started coming down.

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:45am On Jun 18
chijioka:
And to them the most important things are VPs new apartment and New presidential planes.
It baffles me how someone with common sense still supports this govt.
The same way they propped up buhari for a fvcking years! And then switched to Tinubu. They will prop him up until he furthers destroys the livelihood of the people and then feign ignorance of their role. Very fvcked up set of humans.
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Banbanna(m): 11:03am On Jun 18
Bro, the matter of this country can be so depressing mehn!

Naija situation is like that 'who's going to bell the Cat tale'.
There's the Cat (politicians) terrorizing and exploiting the Mouse (people). And the mice are too afraid to pick someone among them, courageous enough to put a bell around the cat's tail to alert them about the incoming danger that the Cat represents.

The fact is, we'all just at loss as to who is/are going to kick these parasitic politicians out? They are fast and slowly killing us at the same time.
It would require a military intervention for this to happen though. But is there any gutsy, revolutionary one or ones still left in the Nigeria military?
I have never been so tired and hopeless about Nigerian politics since I was born.

Even wiith Abacha's military regime that most people consider as the worst, the situation of Nigeria back then had fared far better than this.
These politicians are so out of touch with the masses.
abdsamad:

Seems?
It does not seem o.
Should someone who constantly has hundreds of millions of naira in their various accounts UNDERSTAND that something is expensive? Unless it is their third helicopter they're buying, that's when they know things are hard. Then they steal more money to buy that.

Someone whose wallet doesn't know the difference between tomato 2000 and tomato 4000. Even if tomato becomes 40000, do you expect them to know the difference. They don't even know, much less knowing and not caring (which they also suffer from).

Someone who is living in a house where he doesn't pay rent and power is 24/7 because... Well, worst case he can afford solar to power everything.

He wakes up and jumps in a tinted car worth hundreds of millions, in an estate where everybody owns private jets.

Why are we guessing about whether they live in another world?

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Fragility6: 11:18am On Jun 18
61% but idiots thinks increasing minimum wage would make things worse than it already is.
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by abdsamad(m): 11:25am On Jun 18
Banbanna:
And we'all just at loss as to who is/are going to kick these parasitic politicians out? They are fast and slowly killing us at the same time.
It would require a military intervention for this to happen though. But is there any gutsy, revolutionary one or ones still left in the Nigeria military?
I have never been so tired and hopeless about Nigerian politics since I was born.

Even wiith Abacha's military regime that most people consider as the worst, the situation of Nigeria back then had fared far better than this.
These politicians are so out of touch with the masses.

Don't lose hope. Wait, hope is already lost. We find it another time.
For now, how do you feel about forming a political party?
A zero tolerance party build from ground up
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by NwekereNdokl: 11:30am On Jun 18
Abagworo:
This is a big lie. The inflation is more than 500%

Ofcourse it is be big lie to an ediot like you simply because the figures are against your backward imo state. If the figures change in favour of imo state now your opinion will automatically change
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Banbanna(m): 11:41am On Jun 18
Political party keh! You're talking as if there's a level playing field. The many mushroom political parties and upcoming ones, are nothing more than feeders to, puppets of the ruling and well established/structured political parties. They're mere pretenders not contenders. I'm apolitical like I made you aware before.

Ours is not democracy in its true sense, na demonstration of craze. In late Fela's voice.
abdsamad:

Don't lose hope. Wait, hope is already lost. We find it another time.
For now, how do you feel about forming a political party?
A zero tolerance party build from ground up

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by abdsamad(m): 11:55am On Jun 18
Banbanna:
Political party keh! You're talking as if there's a level playing field. The many mushroom political parties and upcoming ones, are nothing more than feeders to, puppets of the ruling and well established/structured political parties. They're mere pretenders not contenders. I'm apolitical like I made you aware before.

Ours is not democracy in its true sense, na demonstration of craze. In late Fela's voice.

There's no apolitical solution to this problem, except military rule. Even that is just a different type of politics.

We cannot keep complaining and expecting things to change. Getting in the mud with the corrupticians isn't the way. However, nothing will change without good people being there to make those changes.

It's a crazy idea to sit down and try to build a movement from ground up. One that recruits people from various fields, not politicians. It sounds naive but, honestly, it's doable. Mexico did not elect it's first female president via another APC or PDP. They built a grassroots movement that overturned the establishment is about a decade.

I dunno, I just think we'll just keep complaining until we one by one get tired then find opportunity to leave.

How else do we do more than make noise.

Even strike action is nothing but noise in the end.

1 Like

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Shikini: 12:47pm On Jun 18
Sad
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Godons1: 1:14pm On Jun 18
Edoreborn:
Bastard people...One can't afford two square meal anymore..Come here in d north,,na buns and water people dey chop now.. Everywhere u see women carrying rubber of buns and d queue no be here oo.. bastards

Lie lie Mohammed don show. Which North are you referring to? Maybe it is Aba North.

I dey Kaduna now. I came in from Benin 3 days ago. So, your lies hold no water

Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Exceed15: 1:24pm On Jun 18
The report was released by obidient. Kikikikikiki Tinubu has destroyed the economy.
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Pakman: 1:29pm On Jun 18
When a nation with Professors and learned elite nods in favour of a drug lord and a person of questionable character, that is what you get.

Even the Military and other Armed forces are culpable in bringing the greedy, demonic idiot to power.
Re: Food Inflation Soars By 61% In One Year- NBS Report by Nelsondiego69: 2:03pm On Jun 18
HeatSeeker:

https://punchng.com/food-inflation-soars-by-61-in-one-year-nbs-report/
tinubu is really causing us more harm than buhari, tinubu is really doing nothing...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Benefits And Uses Of Cucumbers / Can Someone Help Me Out With Zobo Preparation / The English Name For Ofio Is?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.