Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,816 members, 7,872,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

Advice Me On Skoda Octavia - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Me On Skoda Octavia (337 Views)

Difficulty Starting Skoda Octavia TDI Diesel / Skoda Mocks Elon’s Tesla Launch In TV Ad As It Sends A Car To Mars-A Tiny Ville / 2019 Skoda Fabia Revealed (photo And Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me On Skoda Octavia by wwwkaycom(m): 4:48am On Jun 18
My elder brother is on the verge of purchasing a beautiful 2005 Skoda Octavia at what I consider a remarkably low price. Neither of us knows much about Skoda, but he's drawn to it for its cleanliness, aesthetic appeal, and smooth driving experience." It's a 2005 model with manual transmission.

I'm hoping someone here can share insights about the Skoda Octavia. Online reviews suggest they are well-regarded vehicles, and gave the brand 8 out of 29 reliability rating which I hardly understand. Can someone please assist me?
Re: Advice Me On Skoda Octavia by nurey(m): 5:25am On Jun 18
wwwkaycom:
My elder brother is on the verge of purchasing a beautiful 2005 Skoda Octavia at what I consider a remarkably low price. Neither of us knows much about Skoda, but he's drawn to it for its cleanliness, aesthetic appeal, and smooth driving experience." It's a 2005 model with manual transmission.

I'm hoping someone here can share insights about the Skoda Octavia. Online reviews suggest they are well-regarded vehicles, and gave the brand 8 out of 29 reliability rating which I hardly understand. Can someone please assist me?

Dey your dey, make Skoda dey him dey make nobody worry nobody.

Skoda octavia is a watered down VW Passat abi nah Jetta. They are less complicated than VW but have shitty build quality. If the engine is good, you will enjoy it. The bone of contention should be technician, don't give a low level kazeem to fiddle with the vehicle, the manual transmission is a plus for you.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Me On Skoda Octavia by kernniejay(m): 7:14am On Jun 18
I don't know much about Skoda but I know it's in the Volks Wagen line. My fear is that it is not a common brand and few competent technicians may be available for it. Also, getting original spare parts may become an issue. But as you have said, if it is very clean and well maintained, you can go for it. At least it will serve some years before you begin to require any major repair.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Skoda Octavia by buharibanjo(m): 7:51am On Jun 18
Very sweet car
Ours was before a mechanic spoilt it
We were traveling one time and had a minor issue from the engine I think
We stopped to repair at one roadside mechanic
He said he knew the car only for him to say 'no be BMW' be this I know am, na to change the oil'

Na dia we know say we don damage our car o
Na so gearbox condemn due to his negligence and ignorance. At that time in 2012 we were told we could only get the exact gearbox from Skoda which is in Czech Republic

We had to use Golf'3 gearbox on it and because of that we no fit use gear5 as the gearbox no fully fit. Imagine driving for long using gear4

(Roadside mechanic on NL no vex o but) Never give it to a roadside mechanic sha

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On Skoda Octavia by fashrola(m): 10:24pm On Jun 18
I have Skoda Rapid 2013 as a backup car (It’s 5 speed manual transmission car) very rugged and fuel efficient cos of its 1.4ltr engine.

I’ve never had issues with it since I bought it except for brake pad change and regular oil change routine.

Shares same part with VW and Audi, parts are readily available and cheap.

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Prepare A Brake And Electrical System For A Trailer Body / Vehicle Tracking Security / Uber Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.