Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,815 members, 7,872,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) (34015 Views)

President Ramaphosa Booed At Mugabe's Burial (Photos) / President Ramaphosa Makes Mistake On TV Against Xenophobia (Video) / Xenophobic Attacks: Enough Is Enough - President Ramaphosa Of South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:19am On Jun 18
UNION BUILDINGS, PRETORIA

Minister in the Presidency Khumbudzo Ntshavheni says the country is ready to host the inauguration of the President-elect, Cyril Ramaphosa on Wednesday, June 19.

This comes after Ramaphosa was re-elected to the highest office in Parliament on Friday.

According to Ntshavheni, the inauguration ceremony will be held at the Union Buildings in Pretoria from 11 am.

Ntshavheni says the public is also invited to attend the proceedings and that roads around the Union Buildings precinct will be closed off to traffic.

“The President-elect will be sworn in by the Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa Justice Raymond Zondo. The ceremony will be staged in the Union Buildings Amphitheatre. Preparations have been made for South Africans to participate in the Union Buildings South lawns,” she adds.

Meanwhile, International Relations Minister, Dr Naledi Pandor says a number of heads of state and government have been invited to attend Ramaphosa’s inauguration.

She says the invitations were also extended to African Union Commission Chairperson Moussa Faki Mahamat and Pan African Parliament President Fortune Charumbira, among others.

Pandor and other ministers were addressing the media in Pretoria on the state of readiness for the Presidential inauguration.

“A large number of the invitations have gone to heads of state of the SADC region, central and east Africa as well as all the chairpersons of the regional economic and of course the chairperson of the African Union Commission, the President of the Pan African Parliament those would be the guests,” she says.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:20am On Jun 18
The Union Buildings in the capital city Pretoria is the official residence and office for the South African president. It is also the venue where past SA presidents were inaugurated, including Nelson Mandela, Thabo Mbeki, Jacob Zuma and Cyril Ramaphosa.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:30am On Jun 18
The Union Buildings is one of South Africa's most popular tourist destinations and entry to the lawns is free to the public.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by Shadomaan7: 8:36am On Jun 18
Tinubus presence at Ramaphosas inauguration is a testament to his influential role in Nigerian and international politics, a proud moment for all Nigerians!

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by Okoroawusa: 8:37am On Jun 18
Politics is not for the weak. It's for those willing to align, realign, cajole, play the fool, negotiate, renegotiate, and all for it.
You don't blackmail,curse,abuse and terrorize to get political power. Neither it's offered to you on a platter of gold.

He that has ears let him hear.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by mangood74: 8:40am On Jun 18
I have entered the Union building
As far back as 2004-2008

10 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by mrvitalis(m): 8:42am On Jun 18
Shadomaan7:
Tinubus presence at Ramaphosas inauguration is a testament to his influential role in Nigerian and international politics, a proud moment for all Nigerians!
I don't understand every African president was invited so what exactly are you saying

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by mrvitalis(m): 8:43am On Jun 18
Okoroawusa:
Politics is not for the weak. It's for those willing to align, realign, cajole, play the fool, negotiate, renegotiate, and all for it.
You don't blackmail,curse,abuse and terrorize to get political power. Neither it's offered to you on a platter of gold.

He that has ears let him hear.
Yes that's all you know politics

What about governance what is that about?

103 Likes 12 Shares

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by DevilsEqual(m): 8:46am On Jun 18
It looks like those ancient cities built with bricks in the year 1CE

Make Una dey renovate una buildings na
Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by Bolattt: 8:50am On Jun 18
Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by southsouthking(m): 8:51am On Jun 18
Tinubu don run leave wike to bear him cross.

5 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by obiscranum: 8:51am On Jun 18
Tinubu should be sent out of that hall by well meaning South Africans. grin
~Courtesy
Nigerian youths

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by ROTTWEILER007: 8:51am On Jun 18
Las Las, we go dey alright. God Abeg

1 Like

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by STEWpid(f): 8:51am On Jun 18
Chai..

Clean and serene.

7 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by Hezzyluv: 8:51am On Jun 18
The venue is damn... beautiful. cool

10 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by ruggedboy01: 8:51am On Jun 18
Mtcheeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by SlavaUkraini: 8:51am On Jun 18
Tinubu's Urchins are hungry and he is living large ?

Jagaban go fall down again in South Africa.
Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by 4tomandchi: 8:52am On Jun 18
I hope Tinubu conducts not only attends the swearing in ceremony but also learn to make our electoral system transparent like we saw in SA.

3 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by SensualMan: 8:52am On Jun 18
I call on our security Agencies and that of South Africa to ensure that our President does not fall. All staircase should be levelled for the President of Nigeria.

On your mandate we shall stand, JAG'BAN!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:52am On Jun 18
I'm almost there
Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by EmeeNaka: 8:52am On Jun 18
White man edifice.

7 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by Ge0grapher(m): 8:52am On Jun 18
mangood74:
I have entered the Union building
As far back as 2004-2008

Who cares?

6 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by MatrixReloaded: 8:52am On Jun 18
When I visited South Africa at the airport I was melted with a very bad precedents. By not allowing me to take my selfie in peace to a police officer refusing a capture with me down to scary moment of Broad day robbery on a moving van by South African destitute association of ITA. Low and behold xenophobia era have just begun. I have to take my leave to avoid stories of one man nation lucky dube syndrome.

WannaHowzit:

That's unfortunate, SA is a free society and people are free to take pics anywhere. Maybe because it was an airport there are high risk security areas.

Shut up!! Nonsense country with useless leaders. South Pole country. Can never be Africa 🌍

1 Like

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by bigdammyj: 8:53am On Jun 18
Seen.
Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 8:53am On Jun 18
Pretoria is a laid-back city of approximately 3 million people. It is located 60 kilometers from Johannesburg and is commonly known as the Jacaranda city because of the purple jacaranda trees that line its streets.

6 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by Kukutente23: 8:53am On Jun 18
Looks like Capitol

5 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by alwayzonlyn(m): 8:54am On Jun 18
Its okay.

Hope Tinubu learns a thing or two from them before he returns.

10 Likes

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by Skillsnigeria: 8:55am On Jun 18
Okay
Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by fredoooooo: 8:55am On Jun 18
Akanbi cool
Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by Bellotelli: 8:55am On Jun 18
WannaHowzit:
The Union Buildings is one of South Africa's most popular tourist destinations and entry to the lawns is free to the public.
Must you mention Tinubu attending?
I swear if I see Tinubu there I'll go and poo on that beautiful lawn grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Venue For Ramaphosa's Inauguration, Tinubu To Attend (PICS) by Zico5(m): 8:56am On Jun 18
obiscranum:
Tinubu should be sent out of that hall by well meaning South Africans. grin
~Courtesy
Nigerian youths
Courtesy of your ipob, ESN and Obi supporters. Just mark it today. Peter obi will continue to juketing till thy kingdom come. He can never be president of this country. It has gotten to that level. Even if u guys retract ur step before 2027, he will still be far away

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biden Mistakenly Calls Ukrainian People 'Iranian' in Address, Video Goes Viral / Jaob Zuma Agrees To Resign / Israelis Kill Three Palestinian Militants As Violence Spirals (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.