Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,485 members, 7,901,369 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:05 AM

1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. (4562 Views)

Did You Know That There Are Three Major Ethnic Groups In Kogi State? / Major Ethnic Groups By Population In Africa - Wikipedia / Map Of Nigeria With Major Ethnic Tribe On Each Region And State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by confusedlady(f): 4:50pm On Jun 19
Oceanfl0w:

Okay.

Bye...

Suit yourself.....

1 Like

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by onumadu: 5:12pm On Jun 19
My problem with @ confusedlady is that "She" is likely a coward "He" masquerading as a female.
And most of such characters come from "the yoruba" side of Nigeria.
Checked her posts and they are 99% laser-focused on anti-Igbo comments.
I wonder why these people can't at least own up to their gender while attacking Igbo.
Which kain cowardice be dis? undecided

1 Like

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by confusedlady(f): 5:29pm On Jun 19
onumadu:
My problem with @ confusedlady is that [i]"She" is likely a coward "He" masquerading as a female.[/i]
I wonder why these people can't at least own up to their gender while attacking Igbo.

At bolded,
How you came to this conclusion I can't fathom.....Is it that Ibo ladies you know are not students of history or is it because the Ibo ladies you know are not intelligent?.....lolπŸ˜†

Or is it because I took on so many of you and I was not fazed by your nsogbu nsogbu propaganda?

I repeat I am in this section to burst all the lies and propaganda you spew every day......you don't have to like it but you MUST accept it.....you have been having your way telling half truths and pushing your propaganda....these lies reflect on the social media algorithm to an extent people who don't know better start to believe LIES are TRUTH....It has gone on for too long and I am here to puncture your lies and propaganda with facts and figures!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by onumadu: 5:54pm On Jun 19
confusedlady:

At bolded,
How you came to this conclusion I can't fathom.....Is it that Ibo ladies you know are not students of history or is it because the Ibo ladies you know are not intelligent?.....lolπŸ˜†

Or is it because I took on so many of you and I was not fazed by your nsogbu nsogbu propaganda?

I repeat I am in this section to burst all the lies and propaganda you spew every day......you don't have to like it but you MUST accept it.....you have been having your way telling half truths and pushing your propaganda....these lies reflect on the social media algorithm to an extent people who don't know better start to believe LIES are TRUTH....It has gone on for too long and I am here to puncture your lies and propaganda with facts and figures!

At bolded, no, I came to this conclusion because women don't have testosterone as men, and it can affect how AGGRESSIVE they are on comments.
Even when they have strong views, they don't have staying power to push those views.
Na so God take make am.
If you are a woman, then I am a female complete big fat puxxy and big fat mammary glands. cool
Guy please man up.
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Roboto11: 6:31pm On Jun 19
Because Oyinbo do am means it is correct?

grin

1 Like

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Nokio2: 6:40pm On Jun 19
Why naija bum bum swell up for 1922
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by confusedlady(f): 6:56pm On Jun 19
onumadu:

At bolded, no, I came to this conclusion because women don't have testosterone as men, and it can affect how AGGRESSIVE they are on comments.
Even when they have strong views, they don't have staying power to push those views.
Na so God take make am.
If you are a woman, then I am a female complete big fat puxxy and big fat mammary glands. cool
Guy please man up.

Lol..... grin

It is obvious you move with a very low class of women.....probably hookers in hotels.....
People like you can't deal with a strong,intelligent independent woman....for your information I read a lot of books about Nigeria history.....
You guys succeeded in pursuing all the women from this section of Nairaland with your toxicity and falsehood......this time I assure you that you have met a tough nut.....you have nothing to fear if you are posting the truth....you only need to fear if you post falsehood......
See you around...... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by sagitariusbaby(m): 7:43pm On Jun 19
makemoneywbsite:

And IKA is which tribe? Ifeanyi Okowa is Bini abi Yoruba name?
what is the meaning of Okowa in Igbo language? Many people in my place Edo bear Yoruba names but we are not Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by makemoneywbsite: 8:17pm On Jun 19
sagitariusbaby:
what is the meaning of Okowa in Igbo language? Many people in my place Edo bear Yoruba names but we are not Yoruba.

Okowa means telling a story or explaining in Igbo. Every Igbo communitrty hav four market days. So whether in Edo or Benue, if the community uses four market days, bear Igbo names and have Igbo cuture, they are Igbo people.

2 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Raf4: 9:08pm On Jun 19
makemoneywbsite:

You're obviously a very intelligent person.Same happened to Poland and Germany during the first world war and second world war. The Germans recovered from the defeat of WWI and took back their territories. No one told the Allied Powers to be careful with Germany after the defeat of WWII. Everyone know that Igbo just have to recover and be strong enough to take bake their territories. It's either or no way. A good move from the Western Igbos thinking of creation of Anioma state. Other southern and Northern Igbos of Kogi and Benue need to start thinking along that line too. So should coastal Igbo of Bonny and Opobo work with hinterland Igbo. Igbo land must reunite again by nullifying all that the British, Gowon and Awolowo did to give the North and SW an edge over the rest of the country. Even the southern minorities should know that without Igbo as their last line of defence, they stand no chance in Nigeria.

Covetous land grabbers. Was there ever a time when those so called Anioma were under igbo? Either pre, during or post colonial era?

4 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by makemoneywbsite: 9:15pm On Jun 19
Raf4:

Covetous land grabbers. Was there ever a time when those so called Anioma were under igbo? Either pre, during or post colonial era?
Alfa Rafiu, I have nothing to say to you than go nack head on the floor
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Biglittlelois(f): 10:16pm On Jun 19
onumadu:
My problem with @ confusedlady is that "She" is likely a coward "He" masquerading as a female.

And the "sexism" had to come out to rear it's ugly head, they simply couldn't believe that a female can own them and make them eat their words, it's beyond their wildest dream that a female can beat them at intellectual and political discourse, says alot about the breed of males in this generation

@confusedlady you have earned my utmost respect and appreciation πŸ‘ ❀️

3 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Biglittlelois(f): 10:20pm On Jun 19
confusedlady:

Lol..... grin

It is obvious you move with a very low class of women.....probably hookers in hotels.....
People like you can't deal with a strong,intelligent independent woman....for your information I read a lot of books about Nigeria history.....
You guys succeeded in pursuing all the women from this section of Nairaland with your toxicity and falsehood......this time I assure you that you have met a tough nut.....you have nothing to fear if you are posting the truth....you only need to fear if you post falsehood......

I'm in love with you 😍😍😍

2 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by onumadu: 11:21pm On Jun 19
Biglittlelois:

And the "sexism" had to come out to rear it's ugly head, they simply couldn't believe that a female can own them and make them eat their words, it's beyond their wildest dream that a female can beat them at intellectual and political discourse, says alot about the breed of males in this generation

"intellectual and political" discourse?
More like IGBO HATE and ANTI-IGBO PROPAGANDA 24/7 on nairaland.

Your gaslighting won't work. cool
BTW people from "that side" have solid antecedents here dating back years.
We know how they operate. When they can't match Igbo man's doggedness, they grow fake puxxy and bra overnight to mask their cowardice.
THE IGBO HATE ALWAYS GIVES THEM AWAY.

2 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by onumadu: 11:24pm On Jun 19
confusedlady:

Lol..... grin

You post truths ... like 24/7 ANTI-IGBO truths drivels.
If you are female then I am Taylor Swift. cool

1 Like

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by kalufelix(m): 11:27pm On Jun 19
Kanu already talked about all these tribes comprehensively and their letter "i correlation in a 2014 radio biafra broadcast..the 'ibo is just a tribe (a major one) 'igbo' is the language..all the various tribes share language and cultural affinity...why are 'one nigeria miscreants hell bent on dividing the south...e pain them say for 2024 ibos have their identities and cultures intact..no damnable emir or sarkki anywhere in the south and mosques are only found in barracks and small settlements with minimal speaker volume..lol
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by oyatz(m): 11:30pm On Jun 19
makemoneywbsite:
Ijaw now claims alltheshoreline to even Ibibioland, actively backed by the Nigerian government.

Which year did this claim happened and why did the owners of those lands allowed it?

2 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by oyatz(m): 11:37pm On Jun 19
makemoneywbsite:

You're obviously a very intelligent person.Same happened to Poland and Germany during the first world war and second world war. The Germans recovered from the defeat of WWI and took back their territories. No one told the Allied Powers to be careful with Germany after the defeat of WWII. Everyone know that Igbo just have to recover and be strong enough to take bake their territories. It's either or no way. A good move from the Western Igbos thinking of creation of Anioma state. Other southern and Northern Igbos of Kogi and Benue need to start thinking along that line too. So should coastal Igbo of Bonny and Opobo work with hinterland Igbo. Igbo land must reunite again by nullifying all that the British, Gowon and Awolowo did to give the North and SW an edge over the rest of the country. Even the southern minorities should know that without Igbo as their last line of defence, they stand no chance in Nigeria.

Most of you guys are naive and uninformed IPOB sympathisers.

You can only gain any land if the people of the towns,LGA or whole State joined Igbo.
Any other thing is just waste of time and wishful thinking

3 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by makemoneywbsite: 11:42pm On Jun 19
oyatz:

Which year did this claim happened and why did the owners of those lands allowed it?
Year? Even Mr Goodluck Jonathan became Ijaw by force because that was the only way to secure minority recognition. What do you really think was the genesis of the recent Okuama crisis?
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by kalufelix(m): 11:46pm On Jun 19
makemoneywbsite:

Okowa means telling a story or explaining in Igbo. Every Igbo communitrty hav four market days. So whether in Edo or Benue, if the community uses four market days, bear Igbo names and have Igbo cuture, they are Igbo people.
bro you can never educate this lagos _ibadam urchins..even an unintelligent fool must have wondered why almost all the tribes starts with the letter 'i ..its like separating your immediate family from your extended family or saying your cousins aren't related to you..

1 Like

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by makemoneywbsite: 11:50pm On Jun 19
oyatz:

Most of you guys are naive and uninformed IPOB sympathisers.

You can only gain any land if the people of the towns,LGA or whole State joined Igbo.
Any other thing is just waste of time and wishful thinking

YOU dont JOIN who you are. No Igbo ever wants a yoruba community joining him. you're either IGBO or you're not. Historically, IGBO, EFIK and IBIBIO have common ancestry, yet you never hear IGBO claim any of these tribes, yet out of malice, most of you Yoruba do not want IGBO tribes to unite or find their roots. You only remember there are Igbo outside SE when you term 1966 revolution Igbo coup. Then when you want to steal Igbo resources in the SS, Nzeogwu is no longer Igbo. How dishonorable can you be?

2 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Paramakina: 12:03am On Jun 20
makemoneywbsite:

You failed the meaning of Okowa which is actually made up of two words which is 'Oko' which means man and 'Owa' which is the name of his village.So his surname means a man from Owa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by makemoneywbsite: 2:21am On Jun 20
Paramakina:

You failed the meaning of Okowa which is actually made up of two words which is 'Oko' which means man and 'Owa' which is the name of his village.So his surname means a man from Owa.

You may be correct. I interpreted based on my dialect. There are Igbo dialects that call a man Oko so you may be correct. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm wrong in my own interpretation. My mom's dialect agrees with your interpretation while mine agrees with mine.
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by confusedlady(f): 3:51am On Jun 20
Biglittlelois:

Thank you dear,we really need more ladies in this section....as for the misogyny just ignore it and beat them with superior knowledge....

5 Likes

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Shaneroberts: 4:37am On Jun 20
sagitariusbaby:

Okowa in Igbo means Nwoke Owa. A man from Owa. Or a son of Owa.
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by DevilsEqual(m): 7:42am On Jun 20
onumadu:

This was how lowly u went during an intellectual argument?

Like u had to be more concern about the person's gender over the factuality of her comments?

This is unreasonable on all levels

1 Like

Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Eponfergiesmall: 8:55am On Jun 20
Where idu village?
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Paramakina: 9:57am On Jun 20
makemoneywbsite:

You may be correct. I interpreted based on my dialect. There are Igbo dialects that call a man Oko so you may be correct. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm wrong in my own interpretation. My mom's dialect agrees with your interpretation while mine agrees with mine.

Oko is widely used across Igboland as a name i.e,Okoro,Okocha,Okoronkwo,Okafor,Okorie etc so it is not a dialect.
You are correct in your view but wrong in interpretation of the surname of Ifeanyi Okowa.
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by sagitariusbaby(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20
Shaneroberts:

Okowa in Igbo means Nwoke Owa. A man from Owa. Or a son of Owa.
Shut up. Okowa is pure and popular Edo name.
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by Shaneroberts: 3:12pm On Jun 20
sagitariusbaby:
Shut up. Okowa is pure and popular Edo name.

Try this shit with me offline and you will never use your jaw.
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by WhizdomXX(m): 4:20pm On Jun 20
Zooposki:

Seems Anioma is actually IKA and not Igbo.
Don't comment on what you don't know about. How can ika speaking people be referred to as the superset of Anioma? It's like saying Nigeria is actually Delta State and not Africa. Do you see how it sounds? That's how you're sounding.
Re: 1922 Map Of Nigeria Showing The Major Ethnic Groups. by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:16am On Jun 21
Shaneroberts:

Try this shit with me offline and you will never use your jaw.
see defeated mugu, you don die already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Owes Obasanjo For His Foresight, Says Pdp / West-African Ceramics To Invest N8b In Ogun / On Restructuring We Stand, N’delta, Middle Belt, Yoruba, Igbo Leaders Insist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.