Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,512 members, 7,895,143 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

Time To Buy Local Maize Grains And Keep - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Time To Buy Local Maize Grains And Keep (520 Views)

Auctioneers Of Grains / How Smart Are You? Now! Its Time To Argue With Your Brain. / When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Buy Local Maize Grains And Keep by derecho(m): 9:33am On Jun 19
Instead of whining about Bill Gates GMO maize, it's wise to go buy local varieties now to store and plant.
Don't underestimate what a paint bucket of maize can do if well preserved or replanted for the next 3years for the purpose of preservation.

If you have unused plots, plant some and keep the harvest.
When this Tinubu leaves, most of his useless policies will be discarded. Wise and health conscious Nigerians will demand for the seeds and crops that aren't genetically modified.

Tinubu and his wicked goons can't be wiser than all Nigerians.

Imagine just 100 guys doing this for the next 3years.
Don't wait for the regular farmer to do this for you.
Many of them will jump on any crop with plenty produce.

3 Likes

Re: Time To Buy Local Maize Grains And Keep by Balablue64: 12:02pm On Jun 19
i don't understand is the GMO own bad? i mean GMO foods are meant to be an improvement right?
Re: Time To Buy Local Maize Grains And Keep by samomoli: 3:19pm On Jun 19
Nigerians must be educated on the difference between organic crops and GMO. Be wiser, organic foods are more expensive than GMO . Don't let the evil policies of these wicked leaders swallow you. The mortality rate in Nigeria is already high

1 Like

Re: Time To Buy Local Maize Grains And Keep by achillesfoot(m): 3:39pm On Jun 19
Balablue64:
i don't understand is the GMO own bad? i mean GMO foods are meant to be an improvement right?
In 10 to 15 years time, You would be begging for a kidney or a new heart. Get rid of Bill Gates. Tinubu is being blackmailed by the US Government. Ex president Buhari rejected this same GMO.

1 Like

Re: Time To Buy Local Maize Grains And Keep by passion007: 7:02pm On Jun 19
I understand the uncertainties around GMO foods but surely given the acute food insecurity in Nigeria as well as the worsening economic crisis pushing more people into extreme poverty, GMO is not at all bad news.

To my mind, there are benefits that outweigh any possibility of health or environmental risks.

For instance

1. You are worried about GMO foods causing cancer. My thoughts: The average Nigerian is unlikely to even live long enough to develop cancer. Life expectancy is short and people are now likely to die from extreme hunger, nutritional deficiencies or a poor immune system due to poor access to good nutrition.

2. You are concerned about the environment but we already experience pests and insect outbreaks on a yearly basis for instance there was tomato blight last year that pushed up the cost of tomato. GMO foods are known to be more resistant to pests.

3. Poverty has pushed people to fall back to nutritionless foods. Videos of tomato stews made with cucumber chaff have become quite popular. Do you really think GMO foods are worse than these nutritionless foods people eat out of desperation?

Is GMO food the best? Absolutely not. But the struggling economies of Africa are in a precarious situation and the choice is between survival or death.

Once again, Bill Gates will win because we haven't planned for this day. Today, we are experiencing a population explosion and tomorrow there will be even more and more people competing for dwindling food sources.
Re: Time To Buy Local Maize Grains And Keep by Verbtips(m): 7:16am On Jun 20
Balablue64:
so you think it is health wise to eat gmo food,
sha experience is the best teacher

(1) (Reply)

Pls Need Urgent Response: / Pls I Need U Guys Help / Is Ansu Supplimentry List Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.