Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:44 AM

Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi (19042 Views)

APC Develops Template For Sharing Party Structure Between Ganduje, Shekarau Camp / Kingsley Moghalu: How I And Sanusi Stabilised The Naira For Five Years / Timeline Of Ganduje And Sanusi Feud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by naptu2: 10:08am On Jun 19
Salihu Tanko Yakasai (aka Dawisu) was Governor Ganduje's media aide. He responded to Emir Sanusi's explanation about what happened between him (SLS) and Governor Ganduje.

AREWA_RIDERS @AmeerNaira

His royal highness explains why he spoke out against the Ganduje administration’s plan to borrow $1.8 billion dollars from China.

The money (about 3 TRILLION NAIRA in today’s exchange rate) was meant to build 75 kilometers of rail

Da tuni munanan muna kuka irin kaduna

(See Emir Sanusi's explanations in the screenshots below).

Peacock @Dawisu

Gaskiya Sarki, this isn't entirely accurate. An online newspaper was the 1st to report what Sarki Sanusi said at Kaduna Investment Summit in 2017 on the Kano LightRail project. When I read the news I immediately decided to go to YouTube and watch the video, knowing fully well how this online click baits are, and I listened to SLS on Channels, mocking Ganduje for going to China to spend 1 month, looking for a loan to build a train which people will use to go for weddings and naming ceremonies, basically what he said.

For starters, I was part of the delegation to China and Ganduje spent only 5 days and he was there for 4 projects: the light rail, Ruhi textile, China Chamber of Commerce, and a waste to wealth factory which he didn't end up going and asked me and 3 others to stay behind and represent him.

So I am very much aware of that. The first thing that came to my mind was why single out Kano? When Kaduna State (same state he used as a platform to attack Kano is also working hard to secure funding for a light rail project as well, though the amount is much lesser and few details were known about the project's total cost and length but SLS conveniently left Kaduna out of the mockery).

At about 12:15am that same night after the news about mocking Ganduje’s rail project has gone viral, SLS called me on the phone and started talking to me about how he was misquoted about the now viral news. Toh me I have watched the video earlier and I knew exactly what he said and definitely he wasn't misquoted, but we kept talking on the phone for over 3hrs wallahi, basically trying to convince me to believe he was misquoted, and me I couldn't say it's not true so I kept listening against my will cos it was so late and I needed to sleep.

In the morning, when I got to work, whenever Ganduje came out from his residence to go to his office, I, the protocol, ADC, and Chief Detail were the 1st to see him. After I greeted him, I moved closer to him and said Sarki Sanusi called me last night Baba on the issue of his remarks about our light rail project, Ganduje asked me were you the one that called him or he was the one that called you. I said wallahi he was the one that called Sir, he asked again toh was he misquoted by the press, I said no Baba. He said, "But why will he do this to us? Why can't he come to me personally and advise me if he feels it's not a viable project?" He said kyale shi kawai. That's how we ended the conversation there and went to work.

Now to read here that SLS advised Ganduje multiple times against the project privately is untrue, his 1st comment about it was in Kaduna, publicly. I can also affirm that whenever SLS needs to see Ganduje, Ganduje always offers to go to the palace privately for the meeting, and sometimes SLS will offer to come over to the government house. So, to the best of my knowledge, Ganduje has always given SLS an open door policy.

Many have argued against the viability of the project, but let's tell the story as it is without sugarcoating it. May be I need to write a book cos there are so many things that I'm privy to 🤔

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by naptu2: 10:08am On Jun 19
Muhammad Sanusi's speech that started it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgczxDwEy4c?si=quq9vT7eFuuQk8ky

Ganduje's saying why he deposed Muhammad Sanusi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQHkXodiSqA?si=qHIyQUfwOtrztn-5

Picture 1) Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.

Picture 2) Muhammad Sanusi II (Emir of Kano).

Picture 3) Salihu Tanko Yakasai (aka Dawisu, Peacock)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by naptu2: 10:09am On Jun 19
Ganduje Wanted Sanusi Out Since 2017

opportunes:
. We Were Patient With Him – Kano Gov

In spite of interventions by President Muhammadu Buhari for an amicable settlement of the dispute between Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and the former Emir of Kano, Sanusi Muhammadu Sanusi II, the governor made up his mind to remove Sanusi since 2017, a reliable source at State House said yesterday in Abuja.

Reacting to allegations of collusion with the presidency to remove the former emir, the source said the presidency made futile efforts at many stages of the conflict to avoid an escalation. He said the President Buhari had battled to calm frayed nerves to such a level that he made it clear that if the situation warranted it, he would not hesitate to declare emergency rule in Kano. The deposed emir is believed to have first courted the anger of the governor after criticising a multi-billion naira light rail project of the state government in April 2017, describing it as a misplacement of priority.

The source who requested anonymity said when Ganduje made up his mind to remove Sanusi in 2017, he informed President Buhari of the decision but the president said it was inappropriate. “This was followed by a letter to the governor dated November 17, 2017 in which the president’s advice was clearly stated.

The president directed his Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, to follow up for a peaceful resolution of the crisis of confidence between the two,” the source said. He added that this led to the setting up a committee made up of five state governors led by Dr. Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State who did their best to restore calm but occasional flare-ups continued and were aggravated by the tense situations under which the governor re-emerged for his second term in 2019. He said Governor Fayemi, Abubakar Badaru of Jigawa State and the Inspector General of Police paid visits to Kano to prevail on Ganduje not to remove the emir in those tense moments in the interest of peace and security, but that Ganduje was piqued by the emir’s failure to keep off partisan politics, especially as it related to the governor’s re-election.

“In reaction to the various suggestions by senior citizens including Generals Babangida, Wushishi and Abdulsalami Abubakar, among others, the Chief of Staff sought for permission and gave the green light for the commencement of work by the Abdulsalami Abubakar committee. “The committee members sat down with the president at the Villa to discuss their mission.

At this meeting, the president outlined the efforts he put into the resolution of the conflict in Kano and said he had had enough. He gave assurances of support and put at their disposal, the use of the presidential aircraft, then wished them the best of luck. But he did make it clear that if the situation warranted it, we would not hesitate to clamp an emergency rule on the state,” he added.

According to him, Governor Ganduje gave conditions for peace, including the withdrawal of court cases by Sanusi against the state government, and Sanusi allegedly accepted to withdraw some of the cases, but stood his ground on the others, including his refusal to withdraw a court case instituted by Bashir Tofa and his group who the state government alleged to be Sanusi’s proxy.

“It was clear all this while that the inflexibility to meet some of the conditions for peace by both have added complications that made peace almost impossible,” he said, adding that the Abubakar committee report didn’t give any “glimmer of hope” for ending the crisis, and despite all these efforts among others, it would be baseless to accuse President Buhari of ordering Ganduje to depose Sanusi, considering his various peace initiatives. According to the source, the president holds Sanusi in the highest esteem and has nothing personal against him and, therefore, couldn’t have told Ganduje to depose him.

The source described as nonsensical, allegations that Buhari was complicit in the emir’s alleged forceful removal and exile to Nasarawa. Reacting, the Kano State Commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba, said Buhari had no hand in the emir’s removal, noting that the crisis started in 2017, but the governor exhausted all avenues for reconciliation which failed. “The governor was so patient with the deposed emir. No governor in this country can tolerate the deposed emir the way Ganduje did. An emir that will not support programmers and policies of government will never be in peace with his governor.

The deposed emir is representing people, so if he has any personal grudges, he should put that aside when it comes to the issue of supporting programmes and policies that will benefit his subjects.” Sanusi in a video that circulated yesterday insisted that due process was not followed in his removal. He said if he had gone to court, he would have recovered his throne, adding that he would not do that because he has decided to move on.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ganduje-wanted-sanusi-out-since-2017.html

https://www.nairaland.com/5737286/ganduje-wanted-sanusi-out-since

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by naptu2: 10:09am On Jun 19
naptu2:
Background

Salihu Tanko Yakasai (Peacock @dawisu) was the special adviser on new media to Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano. Like his father Tanko Yakasai (who was Shagari's presidential liaison to the National Assembly), he is very outspoken. He doesn't hesitate to speak his mind. This has often gotten him into trouble (just like his father often got into trouble).

He annoyed some Kanawa because he defended his boss, Abdullahi Ganduje during the dollargate scandal.

He also annoyed some Kanawa because of his criticism and mocking of the former Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, when the Emir had problems with Governor Ganduje.

He was suspended from office in October 2020 for criticising President Buhari over the End SARS protest.
Governor Ganduje Suspends Salihu Yakasai For Criticising Buhari Over #EndSARS

He was reinstated a few weeks later.

However, he was sacked in February 2021 and detained by the DSS for criticising President Buhari again and asking him to resign after some school children were kidnapped by bandits.
Ganduje Sacks Salihu Tanko Yakasai Over "Unguarded Comments"

Salihu Tanko-Yakasai: SSS Confirms The Arrest and Detention Of Ganduje's Ex-Aide

"Asking Buhari To Resign Is Not An Offence, Release Tanko-Yakasai" – Falana

His father said that his son was just beginning his journey and he stated that he was arrested 10 times. Salihu Tanko Yakasai then joked that he had 9 more arrests to go.

Some activists complained when he was listed as a speaker at the Soro Soke Summit in 2021
"Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit

Salihu Tanko Yakasai resigned from the APC on March 21, 2022.
Salihu Tanko Yakasai Dumps APC.

He once again called for President Buhari's resignation on March 29th, 2022 after an attack on a train on the Kaduna-Abuja Line.
Salihu Tanko Yakasai Calls For President Buhari To Resign

In May 2022 he declared his intention to run for the governorship of Kano on the platform of the PRP.
Salihu Tanko Yakasai (Dawisu) Declares Intention To Run For Governor Of Kano

Politics Without Bitterness As Ganduje And Dawisu's Convoys Greet Each Other.

And in August 2023 he returned to the APC. He said that the national chairman of the APC, Dr Ganduje, had invited him back to the APC to consolidate on the gains that he has made.

Salihu 'Dawisu' Tanko Yakasai Returns To APC In Kano
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by shox(m): 11:02am On Jun 19
Who cares
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Lovenorth: 11:03am On Jun 19
Ba Dawisu ba, Zabuwa grin

1 Like

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Ulogwe1: 11:05am On Jun 19
Ok we done hear. Make una off una mic.
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by lonelydora: 11:05am On Jun 19
Someone should summarize the story
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by helinues: 11:06am On Jun 19
Toh
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by inoki247: 11:06am On Jun 19
Una problem...
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by ipobarethieves: 11:07am On Jun 19
sad Those of you supporting SANUSI doesn't lnw the man well.If u ever work under him @FBN,una go understand well.

8 Likes

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by oche2020: 11:08am On Jun 19
Heard
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by bigdammyj: 11:09am On Jun 19
Noted.
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Ibime(m): 11:11am On Jun 19
Abia Chiefs should tell Otti the same thing

1 Like

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Curdlebug(m): 11:13am On Jun 19
Mcheew... hunger full ground, una de explain nonsense

1 Like

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Sheuns(m): 11:15am On Jun 19
What’s wrong with what SLS said?

You go to borrow $2bn to build “light rail”.

If you want to calm the people, you send the traditional rulers and clergymen to pacify them about heaven and patience. The same politicians hate it when the traditional rulers tell them to do the right thing.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Yankee101: 11:17am On Jun 19
Political + Power = Lots of lies

1 Like

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by hurryup123(m): 11:17am On Jun 19
Una family problem

2 Likes

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:18am On Jun 19
Long story. No time to read that

1 Like

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Abdul9025(m): 11:19am On Jun 19
me like this I no fit read am all...na hunger wan kill me ..mek una please drop sometin for me make I eat first 2168777413 U-B-A
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by iphy42: 11:19am On Jun 19
But Sanusi didn't name Ganduje in the video. Our politicians are just vile and wicked. They don't want to work and they don't want to be criticized for not working. What a dilemma

1 Like

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by chigoziri2403(m): 11:20am On Jun 19
Where is Gandujwr
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Memphitz357: 11:23am On Jun 19
Ganduje wan borrow money not to build schools, housing and hospitals that would help alleviate the immense sufferings of the almajiris but he say na railway he wan use am take do!!
APC!!!
Tueh!🤮🤢

1 Like

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Kukutente23: 11:24am On Jun 19
SLS is a lying hypocrite

He claimed 40 abi 49 abi 20 abi 2billion dollars was unremitted by NNPC.

Meanwhile, he was spending CBN money without any form of approval or accountability under the guise of autonomy

10 Likes

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Abdul9025(m): 11:24am On Jun 19
cool cool cool
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by Smartcitizen: 11:25am On Jun 19
Hmmmm!

Though I was not happy with how Sanusi was removed as Emir but every adult who knows Sanusi knows he is a very big Liar.

He lied and wasted CBN money on Favorites and Women all through his stay as CBN governor.

Anyway, that's Nigeria for you.

10 Likes

Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by adioolayi(m): 11:31am On Jun 19
If this is the true picture...

Emir Sanusi sef no do too well
Re: Dawisu Explains What Happened Between Ganduje And Sanusi by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:35am On Jun 19
Same man once lied that 60 billion dollars had been stolen from Nigeria's coffers and agbado lunatics celebrated wildly so I don't doubt this story at all cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Nlader Contesting In L.G.A Election At Benue State / London APC Blasts David Cameron / Ondo Election: PDP Heads To Tribunal

Viewing this topic: Invisible123 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.