Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,602 members, 7,878,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:30 AM

Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July (18503 Views)

Dangote Refinery Exports Jet Fuel To Europe / Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by nathyx(m): 1:15pm On Jun 19
The Dangote Refinery is set to export a shipment of low-sulfur straight-run fuel oil (LSSR) from Nigeria to Singapore this week. The information is based on ship tracking data and market sources, indicating that this is the first time Africa’s largest refinery is entering the Asian market.

The shipment initiates a new trade route from the new refinery to Aisa, which reportedly lacks the low-sulfur fuel oil required for powering ships at Singapore, the world’s largest bunker hub

The $20 billion refinery can process about 650,000 barrels of petroleum products daily and is poised to be Africa’s largest and the world’s biggest single-train refinery when it reaches total capacity. The refinery has been touted as the solution to Nigeria and Africa’s petroleum product imports, especially petrol.

Dangote makes bold promise to Nigerians:

Chairman of Dangote Industries Aliko Dangote promised that Nigeria would not need to import petrol when PMS production begins in mid-July.

Reports say the Dangote refinery has shored up its LSSR exports, sending shipments to the Americas and Europe, according to data from Kpler and Vortexa.

The first Asian-bound shipment will arrive on Wednesday, July 26, 2024, aboard the Glencore-chartered vessel Front Brage and will deliver about 124,000 metric tons of LSSR to Singapore.

Market sources say the cargo was redirected to Asia due to weaker European demand. LSSR products from the Dangote refinery are priced against Rotterdam’s 0.5% LSFO quotes on a free-on-board basis. There is currently no pricing differential for the shipment. Another LSSR shipment from the refinery, about 157,000 tons, is expected to reach Singapore in July aboard the Stena Suede vessel. LSSR is always mixed with other fuels to create low-sulfur oil (LSFO) for bunkering or used as feedstock in various refinery processes.

The refinery began exporting petroleum products in February 2024 and bought crude oil from the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) in December last year.

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/energy/1598027-dangote-refinery-scores-milestone-ships-fuel-singapore-assures-petrol-supply-july/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by SadiqBabaSani: 1:17pm On Jun 19
Wayo business man

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by aguluobi: 1:24pm On Jun 19
Why your own papa no do the business abi anybody hold am ?

Jealousy hate n foolishness wan kill your household. Keep hating on Dangote wey suppose inspire you to do great thing so you can be great.

SadiqBabaSani:
Wayo business man

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by Faiththatworks(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19
God bless Alhaji Aliko Dangote.
It's more than six months since the gbajue NNPCL Maga told us the Refineries will start working. Nigerians are still waiting for one litre of oil to be trucked out.
I marvel at people who are still doubting if the Dangote Refinery is actually working,I can verify because I pass through that route every week.
The number of Trucks rolling out from the Refinery every day is enough Testimony.
Many big things are happening around the Dangote Refinery and Ibeju-lekki.
I was there again yesterday and they have started work on the second phase of the Lagos-calabar Coastal road. The caterpillars are moving enmasse and clearing the path for the road.
Properties bought some months ago have doubled in value,and it's just the beginning.
Do you know from Iyana-ipaja, Oshodi, Egbeda will take a minimum of 2 hours to Ajah,and another one hour to the Refinery, meaning many people on the mainland don't understand what's happening around the Refinery.
I use this medium to ask any interested person to quickly secure a land around that axis,this is the best time to have a land around The Refinery and the Coastal road.
Check my signature for more details.

21 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by 9jatriot(m): 1:40pm On Jun 19
You have to be possessed with the worse demon of envy not to appreciate what this man has done.

There were many folks who were given license to build refineries since 2004/5, rather than build they took the easy route and used their license to become importers and were collecting subsidy, Dangotte on the other hand first bought an ailing refinery which was revoked, rather than start crying he restrategized and undertook to build one of the world's biggest refineries.

If the man decides to sell his fuel at 2k, so be it. Afterall, when you guys import your products, no one fixes prices for you. If you do not like his price, go and also tie your money down while building your refinery.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by Melagros(m): 1:53pm On Jun 19
COMRADES this one no be wayo at all?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by 9jatriot(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19
Exactly, they will first imagine the worst possible scenario, then believe it, then react to their imagination as if it were true after which they start spreading it like a done deal.

Even their lamba oga, the party joggler and twitter presido is not any different
Exousiang01:
The gentle man is exporting and bringing in FX now but those ugly hearted creatures called Obidients would find another thing to say.

Evil hearted people who never see good in anything and even they cannot find anything bad to say they imagine the worst, make it into news spread it and jubilate.

I see Obidients as people with sand in their brains

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by Kenochi(m): 2:24pm On Jun 19
Why are Nigerian Businesses not taking advantage of this Refinery
I believe that the Refinery has come to stay,there is a lot that the byproducts can be used for and this Refinery is a big advantage to local businesses
I know that there is a Lubricating plant already there and also a massive company that produces plastic and other such materials around the location
If you desire to get commercial properties to start your business around the Refinery,kindly visit the signature below
The Refinery has the capacity to create huge jobs and start the massive Industrialisation we desire if we can use it to our best advantage

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by iCauseTrouble: 3:45pm On Jun 19
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by ROTTWEILER007: 3:45pm On Jun 19
nathyx:

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/energy/1598027-dangote-refinery-scores-milestone-ships-fuel-singapore-assures-petrol-supply-july/

the first fuel is the dirt in the fuel. They want to give us the clean fuel by July. Thank you Dangote and FG

10 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by Reelmii: 3:45pm On Jun 19
cool
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by Nahunger(m): 3:46pm On Jun 19
grin mi
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by Eriokanmi: 3:46pm On Jun 19
Business man grin. I no blame you jare. I'd do the same if I were in his shoes. That gbese needs to be liquidated. How much naira could be enough to pay back the billions of dollar loan taken for the construction of the refinery? That's why be must export and rake dollars into his pocket. Singapore is far, except they bought at a good price.

I sincerely crave his humility amd vast business ideas.

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by cjudy(m): 3:46pm On Jun 19
They will

They will

Will

Will

That’s all we hear.

Even Singapore wey no borrow am loan, he don they ship fuel go there.

Make una Dey use una fellow zone B head

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by Konquest: 3:46pm On Jun 19
nathyx:

That's an impressive milestone with value addition in mind.

Dangote Group is truly set to hit that 30 billion USD per annum record revenue target and more.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by cjudy(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19
Faiththatworks:
God bless Alhaji Aliko Dangote.
It's more than six months since the gbajue NNPCL Maga told us the Refineries will start working. Nigerians are still waiting for one litre of oil to be trucked out.
I marvel at people who are still doubting if the Dangote Refinery is actually working,I can verify because I pass through that route every week.
The number of Trucks rolling out from the Refinery every day is enough Testimony.
Many big things are happening around the Dangote Refinery and Ibeju-lekki.
I was there again yesterday and they have started work on the second phase of the Lagos-calabar Coastal road. The caterpillars are moving enmasse and clearing the path for the road.
Properties bought some months ago have doubled in value,and it's just the beginning.
Do you know from Iyana-ipaja, Oshodi, Egbeda will take a minimum of 2 hours to Ajah,and another one hour to the Refinery, meaning many people on the mainland don't understand what's happening around the Refinery.
I use this medium to ask any interested person to quickly secure a land around that axis,this is the best time to have a land around The Refinery and the Coastal road.
Check my signature for more details.
A land so after building they will demolish it
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by omoredia: 3:48pm On Jun 19
Buhari collasped Nigerias economy for his brother's business now dangote is shipping to Singapore.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by omoredia: 3:48pm On Jun 19
Alhaji thief theif

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by AK481(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19
Good for dangote ,a businessman but what of for Nigerians?
Dangote got fx pegged at official rate by emefiele throughout the construction of the refinery.

Now he is selling straight abroad neglecting we that subsidised his FX, some will claim that his hands are tied because of subsidy and that he too buys crude abroad , that's a point but it still don't make sense to me as a Nigerian that needs cheap energy to run my factory and keep people employed.

It's a failure of government, remember one of the recurring decimal while building this is the positive impact it will have on Nigerians, where is that argument today?

This is a failure of leadership, we were told that they will buy crude in naira at a fine rate and sell back to us in Naira , we are waiting .

There is a reason why Nigeria pay highest for pms among all Africa oil producing countries

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by vibemad007: 3:50pm On Jun 19
Just dey push d date forward, like Jesus is coming soon.
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by Eriokanmi: 3:50pm On Jun 19
omoredia:
Alhaji thief theif
How?
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by 96ACE: 3:51pm On Jun 19
Una too talk joor, by July hope una no go say October. After all these hype if fuel is not sold below 500 then na white elephant project una run.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by Paystack: 3:51pm On Jun 19
9jatriot:
Exactly, they will first imagine it, then believe it, then react to their imagination as if it were true after which they start spreading it like a done deal.

Even their lamba oga, the party joggler and twitter presido is not any different
Wetin concern Obi with this news exactly?

Some of Una only thing in your brain is peter Obi

Can't you hear how stupid you sound?

Is peter Obi your president?

Nawaoo

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by bigdammyj: 3:55pm On Jun 19
Noted.
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by omoredia: 3:57pm On Jun 19
Eriokanmi:
How?

All the cheap dollar he got contributed to our fx woes now he is exporting to other countries

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by oyeb15: 3:59pm On Jun 19
So Singapore don't have refinery. People that are living large on their nation oil reserves.

Let Dangote be deceiving you

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Fuel To Singapore, Assures Petrol Supply In July by fredoooooo: 4:01pm On Jun 19
Singapore bawo .. no be we he suppose forst serve...?
Abi he's proving that it's a private company and not Government.
This is one of the reason why this type of project should be Government company.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Setting Up Automatic Car Wash I.e. Car Washing Machine / 285 Dangote Drivers Wanted Over Stolen Tyres / Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.