Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,567 members, 7,978,881 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:06 PM

Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason (699 Views)

"You Cannot Serve 2 Masters At Once": Rivers Reps Member Sides With Fubara / Promise Wosu: Police Deploy Wike’s Ex-Chief Security Officer To Rivers State / Enyinnaya Nwafor Paid Don Ubani N5m To Attack Gov. Ikpeazu - Ex-LGA Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by biographyinsigh: 2:04pm On Jun 19
Opposition lawmakers in the House of Representatives have urged Governor Siminalayi Fubara to charge 23 former local government chairmen in Rivers State, who are loyal to the Minister of FCT, Nyesom Wike, with treason.

The lawmakers argued that the ex-council chairmen’s attempt to forcibly retain their seats after their three-year tenure expired was a treasonable offense.

This call was made by the opposition group, G60, during a press conference following an emergency meeting in Abuja on Tuesday.

They also praised Fubara and the citizens of Rivers State for resisting efforts by disgruntled elements to unlawfully take over the administration of local government councils.

Speaking on behalf of the group, Hon. Ikenga Ugochinyere accused the former local government chairmen of violating several laws, including Section 37(1) of the Criminal Code Act, Section 39 of the Nigeria Police Act, Section 12 of the Criminal Code Act, Section 23 of the Criminal Code Act, and Section 1(2) of the Constitution, which prohibit unlawful occupation of positions of power or attempts to forcibly take over government in any part of Nigeria.

Ugochinyere stated, “We salute the courage of the Rivers State people who came out boldly to protect the local government and foil the attempt to unlawfully seize the institution of governance by the former chairmen.

“This heroic action is in line with Section 20 of the Administration of the Criminal Justice Act, which empowers citizens to arrest and foil any criminal act being committed in their presence.”

He added that Section 39 of the Nigeria Police Act of 2020 states, “a private person may arrest a suspect in Nigeria who in his presence commits an offence or whom he reasonably suspects of having committed an offence for which the police is entitled to arrest without a warrant.”

Ugochinyere called on the judiciary to remain vigilant in curbing the activities of individuals desperate to take over institutions of governance in Rivers State or any part of the country.

https://biographyinsight.com.ng/rivers-reps-members-urge-fubara-to-charge-pro-wike-ex-lga-chairmen-with-treason/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by Melagros(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19
COMRADES, supported

3 Likes

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by 377: 2:08pm On Jun 19
Ugochinyere my Man, the fearless comrade, i dey ur back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by ElevationD: 2:18pm On Jun 19
The effrontery of the ex local government chairmen is unbelievable. I thought that local government chairmen are usually loyal to the governor. These men showed their absolute contempt for the governor and were willing to go further steps with him in battle.

The youths of the state showed us exactly what it can be like with the citizens are tired of horrible leaders. They took charge and restored normalcy.

For those like this Okocha, who in their figment of imagination thought that the entire state would be engulfed in violence, I say shame on them.

Now those greedy ex local government chairmen and their cohorts who thought that they could turn the constitution on its head, especially Nwanosike, should be confined to the dustbin of political history in the state. Just as his name, Nwanosike, he was not willing to relinquish the position. They were very uncaring and thought that Wike could use unknown powers from Abuja to protect them.

Fubara has turned out to be Mr. Talk and do. I hope that this is a lesson to the so called political godfathers, who plant their stooges to continue looting the resources of their states. Fubara is urged to ensure good governance and accountability in tbe state. At the end of his first tenure, his works must be enough to secure him a second tenure, where the people can have a far greater and better state than he met it.

I say congratulations to the citizens of Rivers state, who showed exactly citizens must fight for their rights. Now they must join hands with the governor to enjoy the dividends of democracy.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by phantomxx: 2:30pm On Jun 19
Ugochinyere, the fearless ideato representative. I agree with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by saintopus(m): 2:30pm On Jun 19
ElevationD:
The effrontery of the ex local government chairmen was unbelievable. I thought that local government chairmen are usually loyal to the governor. These men showed their absolute contempt for the governor and were willing to go further steps with him.

The youths of the state showed us exactly what it can be like with the citizens are tired of horrible leaders. They took charge and restored normalcy.

For those like this Okocha, who in their figment of imagination thought that the entire state would be engulfed in violence, I say shame on them.

Now those greedy ex local government chairmen and their cohorts who thought that they could turn the constitution on its head, especially Nwanosike, should be confined to the dustbin of political history in the state. Just as his name, Nwanosike, he was not willing to relinquish the position. They were very uncaring and thought that Wike could use unknown powers from Abuja to protect them.

Fubara has turned out to be Mr. Talk and do. I hope that this is a lesson to the so called political godfathers, who plant their stooges to continue looting the resources of their states. Fubara is urged to ensure good governance and accountability in tbe state. At the end of his first tenure, his works must be enough to secure him a second tenure, where the people can have a far greater and better state than he met it.

I say congratulations to the citizens of Rivers state, who showed exactly citizens must fight for their rights. Now they must join hands with the governor to enjoy the dividends of democracy.
They murdered their political career

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by Hoelujohn: 2:44pm On Jun 19
The governor na mumu governor. No chairman has ever challenged a governor before talk less of verbal abuse. I miss Wike. He would have destroyed all they have ever worked for and confiscate all their properties

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by bdon12: 4:45pm On Jun 19
Hoelujohn:
The governor na mumu governor. No chairman has ever challenged a governor before talk less of verbal abuse. I miss Wike. He would have destroyed all they have ever worked for and confiscate all their properties
This is wat i expect him to do....start seizing their properties in d state n tell dem to explain where they got d money frm.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by Validated: 4:48pm On Jun 19
Governor Fubara should immediately petition IGP to arrest the 23 foolish ex-chairmen. They are anarchist and affront to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by BondRiv: 4:49pm On Jun 19
Rubbish. Confused lots who have done nothing for their constituents.
Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by EngrKemp: 4:57pm On Jun 19
BondRiv:
Rubbish. Confused lots who have done nothing for their constituents.
How market?!

V u licked Wike's a.ss today?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: Reps Members Urge Fubara To Charge Pro-wike Ex-lga Chairmen With Treason by OlujobaSamuel: 6:22pm On Jun 19
States do not have power to charge for treason, coming from our lawmakers, seems dey just dey sleep to collect allowance for the house.
Treason is a serious issue, it's under AGF jurisdiction

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerians Sabotaged August Nationwide Protest / Troops Apprehended A Notorious Member Of The IPOB Sunday Ofordimze In Anambra / Breaking News: Olu Of Warri, His Majesty Ogiame Atuwatse III CFR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.