Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:10 AM

This Thing No Just Clear To Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Thing No Just Clear To Me (207 Views)

Please, How Can I Remove This Thing From My Profile / Seun Help Remove This Thing Outta My Profile / Is It Possible To Answer The Call Of God Without A Clear Vision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Thing No Just Clear To Me by Enemyofpeace: 8:04pm On Jun 19
Matthew 18: 21-22 21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. Can you imagine this conversation between Peter and Jesus? My question
How many times did Adam and Eve eat Apple in the garden of Eden before they were sent packing? I am just curious.
Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by Balablue64: 8:48pm On Jun 19
Lol, God doesn't follow the rules he is like tilumgbu
Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by PulsingPurple(m): 11:52am On Jun 20
Are you sure you are just curious or you're looking for scapegoat this morning 😂
Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by PulsingPurple(m): 11:59am On Jun 20
Questions for you tho:

You keep a cup of special drugs in your house and tell your 'brother' not to touch it, but your brother goes ahead and takes the drugs— and now he's suffering from painful side effects.

1. After forgiving your brother, does the side effect go away?
2. Of all the people insulting God in the present age, how many have received instant punishment?

Don't worry, no need to reply sef.
I'll not be your scapegoat

2 Likes

Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by TimiRume(f): 12:53pm On Jun 20
PulsingPurple:
Questions for you tho:

You keep a cup of special drugs in your house and tell your 'brother' not to touch it, but your brother goes ahead and takes the drugs— and now he's suffering from painful side effects.

1. After forgiving your brother, does the side effect go away?
2. Of all the people insulting God in the present age, how many have received instant punishment?

Don't worry, no need to reply sef.
I'll not be your scapegoat
Perfect response.

God is a loving and righteous God. It's not to forgive only, how do we undo the harm you have brought on yourself and others. That's how thorough God is.

1 Like

Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by TimiRume(f): 12:57pm On Jun 20
Also God is the judge of the whole universe. As humans, we forgive even our enemies and let God do the judging.

Imagine a world without judgment. Nations with the weakest justice systems are the most afflicted and impoverished.
Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by PulsingPurple(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20
TimiRume:
Also God is the judge of the whole universe. As humans, we forgive even our enemies and let God do the judging.

Imagine a world without judgment. Nations with the weakest justice systems are the most afflicted and impoverished.

Exactly. Leave God to do the judging.
There's a reason why He is God. He is not our 'brother', but rather a King and Father.

Concerning our brothers and judgements, the Scriptures also go on to say, “Judge not, for you do not know the motive/causative factors behind people's actions.” (Paraphrased)
Hence, forgive, because you don't understand.

There are many ways to look at the young man's question but why bother pouring water on a cock's back?
If he wants to learn, fine. But I'm suspicious of the young lad 😅

1 Like

Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by TimiRume(f): 5:04pm On Jun 20
PulsingPurple:

There's a reason why He is God. He is not our 'brother', but rather a King and Father.

Concerning our brothers and judgements, the Scriptures also go on to say, “Judge not, for you do not know the motive/causative factors behind people's actions.” (Paraphrased)

There are many ways to look at the young man's question but why bother pouring water on a cock's back?
True. He looks like one of those that ask questions not because they are genuinely seeking answers but because it's another day to shut their instinct up.

They come here every day not to stop Christians from believing in God but to quiten their conscience that is awakened every morning to their breathing in and breathing out of Yah---weh

1 Like

Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by StillDtruth: 5:51pm On Jun 20
Enemyofpeace:
Matthew 18: 21-22 21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. Can you imagine this conversation between Peter and Jesus? My question
How many times did Adam and Eve eat Apple in the garden of Eden before they were sent packing? I am just curious.

Is forgiveness not asked for?

Did you see Adam ask for it?

Secondly, this is a Law of man to man, but common sense no tell you say you suppose fear God well well make you no risk am?

We even need to forgive man because we sef they offend other people including God wey no.talk. And this is where the case of the servant who did not forgive the debt of a servant is instructive.

And forgivemess is a gift, given/refueed at the will and pleasure/displeasure of the forgivor.

But, if God chooses not to forgive you, you are finished after all, IT IS HIS RIGHTS!
Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by StillDtruth: 5:54pm On Jun 20
Balablue64:
Lol, God doesn't follow the rules he is like tilumgbu

Hediot, is The Law for Him or for man?
Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by StillDtruth: 6:00pm On Jun 20
PulsingPurple:

The bible also said

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1 Like

Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by PulsingPurple(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20
Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Jun 21
Enemyofpeace:
Your question, or at least I think it is that, does not make sense at all. Can you rephrase so we better understand exactly what it is you are asking? undecided
Re: This Thing No Just Clear To Me by Balablue64: 10:06pm On Jul 04
StillDtruth:

Hediot, is The Law for Him or for man?

You will die this night.

(1) (Reply)

The Nature Of God In Jesus / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Hold The Fort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.