Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,178 members, 7,896,997 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:37 AM

Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF (12595 Views)

Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant / Awoniyi Should Replace Osimhen Not Ighalo – Fans / Mikel Obi Finally Breaks Silence After Being Omitted From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by FreeStuffsNG: 2:37am On Jun 20
Osimhen not banned from Super Eagles – NFF

The Nigeria Football Federation, NFF has described as outright falsehood, reports that the football-governing body has slammed a ban on Super Eagles forward Victor Osimhen from the team, for his social media outburst few days ago.

The federation issued the disclaimer in a statement on Wednesday.

NFF General Secretary, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi expressed amazement at the reports, saying the Federation has neither instructed a process nor has a process been concluded to ban the player from the National Team.

“The NFF hereby implores the media to join hands with the body to positively resolve issues and then focus on the big picture all the time, rather than needlessly escalate certain matters. There was no official communication from the NFF, yet some persons have gone to town to talk about a ban on Osimhen from the National Team. This is not good at all.

“Our focus presently is to resolve all matters around the Super Eagles and be able to look ahead with confidence to the 2025 AFCON qualifiers and the remaining six matches of the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualification series.

“This is not the time to spread falsehood and foul the public space the more.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/osimhen-not-banned-from-super-eagles-nff/

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by FreeStuffsNG: 2:37am On Jun 20
"This is not the time to spread falsehood and foul the public space the more.”

The rumor mongers were actually those Osimhen cursed in Yoruba in that video of his outburst. He knew they were out to get him but used Coach Finidi as a cannon fodder.
This is a wise decision by NFF.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by esira: 3:05am On Jun 20
Why were people spraying fake news earlier

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by ipobarethieves: 3:41am On Jun 20
sad BITTER soul and their ochanja market news

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:50am On Jun 20
Finidi should be sanctioned instead. His refusal to invite Troost Ekong spelt out his intention of witch-hunting some players in the team
The worst and most disappointing coach that has ever led super Eagles

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by jaeyking(m): 6:17am On Jun 20
grin
Ban Osimhen because of an outburst with a coach

I have not seen a situation like that occur before

Nigeria doesn't need this tension amongst their squad players at this point in time

And NFF should stop meddling in the squad affairs

That has been our greatest issue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by FeliciaOja(f): 6:17am On Jun 20
Not bas

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by mytime24(f): 6:17am On Jun 20
2-1

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Mnewton(m): 6:17am On Jun 20
Truth be told, Osimen is yet to come to terms with the level of influence he commands globally; otherwise

Why publicly disrespect your coach?

Anger management is very poor

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by FatimaAbubakar(f): 6:18am On Jun 20
He should be banned. Yeye fowl.
Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Parydelegate: 6:18am On Jun 20
If you love Osimeh click LIKE....otherwise Click SHARE.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by tunwumi: 6:20am On Jun 20
Ok

We don't need to make a bad situation worse.

He err and should just be warned and guide on media space

2 Likes

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by victorazy(m): 6:20am On Jun 20
Banned for what? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by EMXTAN1(m): 6:20am On Jun 20
Band ke.. is it for Eba, garri or AGBADO..?
Pls that's no news

1 Like

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by GanagiBitrus: 6:21am On Jun 20
Banning him will only cause further damages to us.

👉Source
The report even if fake, was a serious damage to his reputation as a commited S/Eagles player.
Any coach who singles out a player for failure, should expect a backlash from such player though both actions are wrong.

Why didn't Finidi call Osimhen immediately or issue a Press release to debunk the report immediately?
& NFF should institute a libel suit against the originators of the fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by victorazy(m): 6:21am On Jun 20
FatimaAbubakar:
He should be banned. Yeye fowl.

No! Rather Ammed Musa is banned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by bewla(m): 6:22am On Jun 20
Book let me read comment then add mine
Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Kingdavid579(m): 6:23am On Jun 20
It's too early
Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Dpaulie(m): 6:23am On Jun 20
I don't know why I've lost interest in any thing concerning super chicken abi wetin dem call them that year...watching them no longer give me joy, so what's the point
Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:26am On Jun 20
Mnewton:
Truth be told, Osimen is yet to come to terms with the level of influence he commands globally; otherwise

Why publicly disrespect your coach?

Anger management is very poor

That one na coach?! Yeye grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Kwaramustgoodag: 6:29am On Jun 20
U have no balls to ban him. Lol. I trust oyinbo, let one of their player rants like that and even went ahead to abused supporters, then his career is gone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Kwaramustgoodag: 6:32am On Jun 20
jaeyking:
grin

Nigeria doesn't need this tension amongst their squad players at this point in time

so every players can abuse coach and go free. Hmmmmm. I think u can never be bigger than ur country national team or ur football club. U better go ask Barcelona what is happening to them now, when they let messi believed his above the club and how Madrid is doing when they don't let CR7 see himself above the club. U need to let big names know that without u country or club, they are nothing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by prinsam30: 6:34am On Jun 20
I tire ooo, na so dem dey ban person
Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by magoo10(m): 6:36am On Jun 20
I laughed when i saw the report .
It is someone that doesn't know his worth that can be pushed around.the stress no kukuma worth am
Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Poshvector12345: 6:36am On Jun 20
No matter what anybody says I stand with osimhen over a coach that was always clamoring for indigenous coach only to play two uninspiring matches lacking any tactical know how.
Others might choose to get selective amnesia and mask it under so-called "respect for elders" just like we do in politics,
But I won't forget how osimhen won the streets at the last afcon.
It is unthinkable for me to doubt osimhen's love for the national team

4 Likes

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Seagodess(f): 6:38am On Jun 20
Very foolish journalism we have in Nigeria these days.. Always trying to bring the country down.. same thing happened about tapswap yesterday. Most people in Nigeria are not enlightened. The world is moving, you must not do 9 to 5 job before you make money.. all over the world people have been farming Airdrops.. have seen big boys who into it full Time, but the foolish old people we have in Nigeria are saying it for the lazy people,bla bla bla.. do you think it easy to tap your phone for 2 months? most of them you don't even need to tap.. you need math. Crypto is for smart people.. keep doing your 9 to 5 till you die in poverty leav us alone. Some of you can't even copy and paste a wallet address grin
.. ignoramus people.. Ori yin gba le

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by promisedeco(m): 6:42am On Jun 20
jaeyking:
grin

@bolded, I'm sure you are a Korean drama fan. Stick to it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by pyyxxaro: 6:43am On Jun 20
All of una de mad well well
Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by YoungLionken(m): 6:44am On Jun 20
Why should he be banned in the first place (according to rumours) undecided??

Finidi's poor managerial skills took the Super Eagles to the backseat in the world cup qualifiers, yet he was quick to point accusing fingers without thinking of the consequences..

Nigerians could care less with people toiling with their destinies. But you see religion and so called respect (we carry these two for head with little or no impact), they don't joke with it as they could go berserk on you if you dared. That's why our elders always think they're right no matter what..

Is Osimhen supposed to be quiet when someone is trying to tarnish/ruin his career subtly, just because he's (Finidi) an elder??

As a logic person, when you see how things are going, you would understand why Africa is still very much behind...

4 Likes

Re: Osimhen Not Banned From Super Eagles – NFF by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:44am On Jun 20
Ok, noted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Crash 14 places, Now 57th / What Is The Time For Nigeria Vs Madagasca Match Tomorrow / Today Is Vincent Enyeama's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.