Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,209 members, 7,963,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 01:01 AM

Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly - Nairaland / General (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly (215074 Views)

Comandclem Patentee Assembly / Lagos State House Of Assembly Passes Tenancy Law / Comandclem Patentees Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by maureensylvia(f): 12:19am On Nov 27, 2014
Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2014
Era of secrecy in judiciary is over — CJN
Justice Mahmud Mohammed

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

The era when the activities of the judiciary were
shrouded in secrecy is over, the Chief Justice of
Nigeria, CJN,Justice Mahmud Mohammed,
declared yesterday.

The CJN who stated this in a keynote address
he delivered at the opening ceremony of a
two-day training workshop for Abuja
Chapter of the National Association of Judiciary Correspondents, NAJUC, yesterday, said there
was need for the public to be properly informed
about the nature and activities of the judiciary.

He stressed that the role the press had played
in enthroning integrity, probity and transparency
in the judiciary could neither be underestimated
nor over-emphasised.

He said: “Gone are the days of acrimonious
relationship between the judiciary and the press.
In times past, the relationship between the
judiciary and the press was not clearly delineated.

“What the judiciary had on the ground were only
restrictive prescriptions for giving out information
from the judiciary or the courts. This made the activities
of the judiciary shrouded in secrecy and the public
were not properly informed or educated about the
nature and activities of the judiciary.

“The general belief was that all the activities of the judiciary
started and ended in the court room. The scare of the dreaded
subjudice or contempt of court hung ominously over every
information or on the head of the information disseminator.

“The judiciary was a no-go area for the media by whatever means and the judiciary itself saw no use it could make of the press. The judiciary completely lived in its cocoon. Any prying eyes of the media into the affairs of the judiciary was treated as a satanic invasion or demonic intrusion that must be resisted and repelled by any means, especially by the use of the doctrine of contempt of court ex facie curie.

“However, the trend has changed. The judiciary as the third arm of the government treats the press as the fourth estate of realm.
Since the judiciary as an arm of government is a subsystem within the state, it cannot, therefore, be insulated from the stimuli (both external and internal) which impact upon and influence the state as a system.”

The theme of the workshop which is holding at the National
Judicial Institute, NJI, in Abuja is “Promoting Understanding
between the Judiciary and the Press.”.

In her welcome address, the Administrator of the NJI, Justice R. P. I Bozimo, maintained that the training would assist the
participants in discharging their duties “accurately and
dextrously.”

She said: “The workshop may be seen as falling outside the
mandate of the Institute under section 3 of the NJI Act, Cap N. 55
Law of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 since the target
participants are neither Judges of the Higher nor Lower Courts,
nor their staff.

However, on a very lucid and progressive
consideration of the position and role of judiciary correspondents, one is left with only one conclusion- the judiciary correspondents though not directly employed by the judiciary, are performing the role of reporting the activities of the judiciary to the outside world and so could pass as a handmaid of the judiciary in information dissemination.

“Any deficiency on the part of the participants which occasions
inaccurate reporting or improper understanding of the judicial
proceedings, will damage the reputation and integrity of the
judiciary”, she added.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/era-secrecy-judiciary-cjn/

1 Share

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by rilwanoba(f): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2014
na wa o. things dey run o. I dey hear tory o. me I go yan wetin I sabi.

una kingy die una no fit tell pipo. I bin hear say fight dey happen. kingy family pipo dey fight on top money. dem wan dey chop money as kingy chop am. na wa for una o. abeg make una come vomit pipo money wey una papa chop.

2 Likes

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by rilwanoba(f): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
I bin talk say I no go talk this yeye pipo matter again. dem offer me bribe say make I shut my mouth. the money too small. I reject am.

wetin dem staff tell me be say, case still dey court. because say kingy don die, dem be wan replace kingy name with him pikin name.

this matter na wire o. kingy no run the thing wella. na him pikin dem wey no sabi anything wan do am better? abeg make una turn the company to PLC sharp sharp. small time now, dem family go dey chop all the money as dem papa do bfore him die.

company suppose get better management. abi na family thing again. na wa o.

2 Likes

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by rilwanoba(f): 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
yusufabure abi wetin you call urself. why u no tell pipo say kingy die. why u no dey answer pipo quetion.

if u want make u answer, if u like no answer. i get quetion. why una no turn company to PLC. if una collect money, una kingy family no go chop all d money as dem papa take chop pipo money?

2 Likes

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by oluwoleadepoju: 10:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
My dear fellow patentees, it is not over until it is finally over. Let us stop castigating, criticiding and condeming each other. We need to support our dear company - Comandclem both in prayer and financially as we approach Jan 19, 2015 our next hearing date. Those who are yet to pay for their Supreme Court support are enjoined to do so. Comandclem needs money to fight this battle to a logical conclusion. We don't win by division but by unity. Comandclem, Prosperity and Peace for ever. God bless you all.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 6:41am On Dec 14, 2014
The Supreme Court Of Nigeria
Invites
Comandclem Nigeria Limited &
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited To Court
On 19th Of January, 2015

The Supreme Court of Nigeria has issued A New Hearing Notice to the Management Boards of Comandclem Nigeria Limited and Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited inviting their respective Legal Counsels to appear before the court on 19th of January, 2015 for the hearing and the subsequent determination of all the outstanding motions/applications before the Honourble Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

It is on records that on 3rd of November, 2014, Honourable Justice Mahmud Mohammed (CJN) adjourned the hearing of all the outstanding motions/applications to 19th of January, 2015 following an oral application made by CCNL Legal Counsel (Aiku Bamidele SAN) to effect the substitution of King Professor CJA Uwemedimo names in the appeals, motions and applications filed before the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

While receiving the Hearing Notice on behalf of the company from the Supreme Court of Nigeria, A Director (name withheld) in the Management Board of Comandclem Nigeria Limited was interviewed by the Marketing Manager, Yusuf Nurudeen. Below is the content of the interview. Happy reading.

Marketing Manager Asked a question as follows.

Oga Director, this is not the first time the Supreme Court of Nigeria will issue hearing notice inviting Mobil Oil and CCNL to the court. This case was filed in the Supreme Court of Nigeria as far back as year 2011, and it has suffered several adjournments in the past.

Patentees who have invested in the intellectual property of Comandclem Nigeria Limited have absolutely nothing to show as return on their investments.

Please Oga Director, when would this case come to an end?

A Director In The BOD of CCNL Replied As Follows.

Thank you very much for your question.

I consider it pertinent to make use of this unique opportunity to categorically clear the air on some misconceptions on the ongoing case in the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

It will amount to an act of ingratitude if I fail to appreciate all the lovers, friends, well-wishers, associates, and patentees in Comandclem Nigeria Limited for their prayers and financial supports for the past few years.

On behalf of the entire Board of Directors in Comandclem Nigeria Limited, once more, I appreciate all patentees for their perseverance and understanding in the struggle to liberalize all Nigerians from poverty and joblessness.

The misconception I will like to comment briefly upon relates to the delay in the finalization of the case before the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

In actual fact, the unexpected delay in the final determination of this case is not traceable to the non-diligent prosecution of the case on the part of the Management of Comandclem Nigeria Limited but the deliberate disposition on the part of The Legal Counsels of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited to frustrate the hearing of the substantive suit.

For example, the Management of Mobil Oil deliberately delayed to file Cross Appellant Reply Brief for two-hundred and eighteen (218) days as against thirty (30) days after CCNL filed Cross Respondent Reply Brief.

Unfortunately, the Management of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited was only sanctioned by the Supreme Court of Nigeria the sum N2, 270:00 being punishment for filing late (218 days) in the court.

In respond to your question with respect to when the case will come to an end, I am of the opinion that everything rests on the judicial discretion of the court, and most importantly as the court pleases.

The moment the Supreme Court resolves all the outstanding motions/applications on 19th of January, 2015, as the court pleases, a day may be fixed for the hearing of The Substantive Appeal after which the court shall give final judgment within ninety (90) days as provided for in section 294 (1) of the Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

The Board of directors in Comandclem Nigeria Limited has hired the services of a renowned Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) to fortify the legal team of the company in order to fast track the final determination of the case.

After the demise of the King, the only challenge we have is the finance to prosecute the case to its logical conclusion, and we shall appreciate it if people partner with us in this regard.

The Board of Directors (BOD) in Comandclem Nigeria Limited needs the concerted efforts of all the patentees in this struggle because we believe that organized ants can kill an elephant. It is possible. Comandclem will overcome Mobil Oil on this case by the special grace of Almighty God.

Name: Yusuf Nurudeen (B. Sc, AAT, ACA)
Head Office Address:
CCNL Zonal Headquarters,
Position: CCNL Marketing Manager
Number 4, Ogudu Road,
Ojota,
Lagos State.

Ondo State Office:
Position: CCNL Ondo State Manager
No 32. Oba-Adesida Road,
Opposite Airtel Office,
S.O. Area,
Akure.
Mobil Number: +2347032522248
CCNL Twitter Handle: www.twitter.com/Comandlem_Nig

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 8:42pm On Dec 15, 2014
I Am A Year Older Today

(1) It is not worthy to celebrate a birthday.

(2) This is owing to the fact that each birthday you experience in life draws you closer to your graveyard.

(3) It is quite unfortunate that I am getting closer to my graveyard each day I experience my birthday.

(4) Nobody wants to die but unfortunately nobody can live in this world for life.

(5) A birthday should be a day of sober reflection, evaluate the past to forecast the future for the betterment of the society.

(6) When I evaluate the past, I am left with no option than to thank ALMIGHTY GOD.

(7) To be realistic, nobody can forecast the future in Nigeria because all the political, economical, and financial data have failed.

(cool In those circumstances, I am left with no option than to appreciate ALMIGHTY GOD for protecting me against the evils of this world.

(9) If you wish me happy birthday, indirectly you are only telling me that”a year has been deducted from my lifespan". It is a fact.

(10) Well, I rest my case.

Name: Yusuf Nurudeen

Qualifications:
- Bachelor Of Science In Accounting (AAUA)
- Associate Accounting Technician (AAT)
- Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA)

Position:
Marketing Manager: Comandclem Nigeria Limited

Hotline: 07032522248

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by JUSTINO76: 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
Usefulman, Happy Birthday!
We cannot stop celebrating our birthdays because we are going to die. Death itself is inevitable and every man will die at his own appointed time. When we celebrate our birthday, we are only expressing our gratitude to the Almighty God for sparing our lives to that point. Whether we celebrate our birthday or not, we must surely DIE. The only thing we must do is to impact humanity during our life time so that we can be remembered for our good works by the time we are dead. King Prof. CJA Uwemedimo is remembered today because of his gift of invention of Anti Corossive Special Paint to Nigerians and indeed lovers of truth. He is dead now but prosterity will forever remember him.

It is also on record that Yusuf Nurudeen has been on the fore front of informing patentees on the development of the on-going litigation between Comandclem and Mobil. A lot of patentees depend on his unadultrated information on the progress being made by Comandclem. On that alone, he deserves a hilarious and thunderous Happy Birthday. Posterity too will remember him for this selfless service being rendered. He is doing all these because if a man chooses to be USEFUL, such a man will never be useless. People will appreciate his good work in 2015 when we hope to win our case. Remember that according to Yusuf Nurudeen, 2015 is our Year Of Royalty. Once again, Usefulman, Happy Birthday!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
FRONT PAGE , CONTENT, PAGE 1 AND 2

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
PAGE 3, 4, 5 AND 6

1 Share

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
PAGE 7, 8, 9 AND 10

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
PAGE 11, 12 , 13AND 14

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 7:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
PAGE 15,16 AND 17

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
Question And Answer
Between CCNL And Patentees

A patentee, Mrs. Odamba Ujah, asked the following questions in the Elders’ Forum Of Comandclem Nigeria Limited on facebook, www./comandclemforum/.

Odamba Ujah
“How are you sure we're going to be victorious in court come January 19th?

Can u assure us as Pantetees on this?

We all seem to be eager after so many years in court due to injustice of Nigeria's legal system.”
Per: Mrs. Odamba Ujah
A Patentee From Hong Kong.

Our Reply
On behalf of the Management Board in Comandclem Nigeria Limited, we appreciate your perseverance and your understanding on the ongoing case between CCNL and Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited in the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

I would have loved to attend to this question immediately but the busy nature of my job denied me the opportunity.
In one word, in less than forty-eight (48) hours to this time, I should have been opportuned to attend to the simple question. Thanks for your understanding.

Office: 4, Ogudu Road, Ojota, Lagos.
Hotline: +2347032522248
www./comandclemforum/

1 Share

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
"Cadillac Samuel

pls! if someone lost is document, wht is next step to take

i registr still 2008.

pls! do u knw weda this name can b programme inside database"

Per: Cadillac Samuel
A Patentee From Owl Kingdom In Ondo State.

My Reaction

If you fall into this category of Patentee, please never hesitate to follow our procedural approach to solve the problems.

The procedural approach to solve the problem shall be published very soon.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hotline: +2347032522248

www./comandclemforum/
Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2014
A Patentee, Nduche Chidi Victory, from Anambra State, Nigeria, asked the following questions on CCNL's Elders' Forum On Facebook, WWW./comandclemforum/

Nduche Chidi Victory said as follows.

Please Mr. Nurudeen (CCNL Marketing Manager),

I am a Patentee from Anambra State.

Please on behalf of all the patentees i would like us to know
the reason why you said we are going to reap the fruit of our in 2015?

What assurance as in your proof we want to savvy that,so that we will not be garbled,any logical , spiritual or constitutional back up from the law and order of the three arms of government.

Please, we need elucidation. Thanks and remain bless as you respond to our oppugn.

Per: Nduche Chidi Victory
A Patentee From Anambra State, Nigeria.

My Reaction.

Your question is very interesting.

After providing legal facts and figures to corroborate my arguments on the reasons why year 2015 will be CCNL's YEAR OF ROYALTIES, you will be left with no option than to go and price plots of land.

Yes, go and price plots of land. God is not wicked. You will not only buy the priced plots of land next year from your accrued royalties, you will also build mansions on the plots of land.

Please, give me some few days to attend to your simple question. Thanks for your understanding.

Yusuf Nurudeen (ACA)
+2347032522248

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by ubong560(m): 11:46am On Dec 21, 2014
YusufAkure:
A Patentee, Nduche Chidi Victory, from Anambra State, Nigeria, asked the following questions on CCNL's Elders' Forum On Facebook, WWW./comandclemforum/

Nduche Chidi Victory said as follows.

Please Mr. Nurudeen (CCNL Marketing Manager),

I am a Patentee from Anambra State.

Please on behalf of all the patentees i would like us to know
the reason why you said we are going to reap the fruit of our in 2015?

What assurance as in your proof we want to savvy that,so that we will not be garbled,any logical , spiritual or constitutional back up from the law and order of the three arms of government.

Please, we need elucidation. Thanks and remain bless as you respond to our oppugn.

Per: Nduche Chidi Victory
A Patentee From Anambra State, Nigeria.

My Reaction.

Your question is very interesting.

After providing legal facts and figures to corroborate my arguments on the reasons why year 2015 will be CCNL's YEAR OF ROYALTIES, you will be left with no option than to go and price plots of land.

Yes, go and price plots of land. God is not wicked. You will not only buy the priced plots of land next year from your accrued royalties, you will also build mansions on the plots of land.

Please, give me some few days to attend to your simple question. Thanks for your understanding.

Yusuf Nurudeen (ACA)
+2347032522248

*Finger-crossingly waiting*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 5:11am On Dec 26, 2014
[size=16pt]RE: “How are you sure we're going to be victorious in court come January 19th?

Content

1.0 Introduction

2.0 Fundamental Facts Of The Case.

3.0 Hearing Of The Case Dated 19th Of January, 2015.

4.0 What Are The Pending Motions Court Must Resolve Before Hearing The Substantive Appeal?

5.0 How Are You Sure We're Going To Be Victorious In Court Come January 19th?

6.0 When Would The Court Entertain The Substantive Appeal?

7.0 How Are You Sure The Case Would Be Concluded In Year 2015?

8.0 What Is The Final Judgment Day Of This Case?

9.0 Conclusion.

1.0 Introduction

1.1 On behalf of the entire Management Board in Comandclem Nigeria Limited, I appreciate your questions, and most importantly your perseverance & unalloyed support for CCNL on the ongoing patent right infringement litigation case between the Citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (CCNL) and A Foreign Multinational Oil Company (Exxon Mobil).

2.0 Fundamental Facts Of The Case.

2.1 King Professor CJA Uwemedimo, the True and Statutory Inventor of Anti-Corrosive Special Paint for QIT QAD RP: 13522, has good developmental plans and programs for the entire Citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in his Social Security Scheme called King Clement Foundation & Committee Of Friend Ruling Council.

2.2 The estimated royalty Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited was expected to pay as a Judgment Debt to The Citizens Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria (CCNL) over the unauthorized use/ infringement of the patented invention of King Professor CJA Uwemedimo in the ruling of Justice Kumai Bayang Akaash was over $24,544,104,000 computed between (5/8/1999 – 8/12/2009).

2.3 Justice Kumai Bayang Akaash of the Federal Court of Appeal Calabar Judicial Division failed to award this judgment debt (royalty, compensation, and damages) because of two reasons which are stated below.

2.4.1 Justice Kumai Bayang Akaash claimed that the case of CCNL was statute barred.

2.4.2 Justice Kumai Bayang Akaash claimed that CCNL failed to show before him evidence that the infringement of its patented invention by Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited continues after 4th of August, 1999 when the invention was registered by King Professor CJA Uwemedimo.

2.5 Those two reasons adduced by Justice Kumai Bayang Akaash to deny CCNL over $24,544,104,000 being patent right infringement compensation are being contested in the Supreme Court of Nigeria as far back as year 2011 by the Legal Team of CCNL.

2.6 From the above royalty, King Professor CJA Uwemedimo promised each CCNL Patentee the sum of =N=30,000 as monthly meal ticket under his Social Security Scheme, guaranteed employment opportunities in gas and industries etc.

2.7 But unfortunately, the case has suffered several adjournments in the Supreme Court due to the deliberate failure on the part of Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited to file necessary processes/replies in the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

2.8 The possibility of finalizing the case is feasible in year 2015 because it seems the court is ready to do substantial justice to the case and accelerates its hearing with respect to issues set aside for determination in the Substantive Appeal.

3.0 Hearing Of The Case Dated 19th Of January, 2015.

3.1 The hearing of the case dated 19th of January, 2015 shall be the seven (7th) times the Supreme Court of Nigeria will entertain motions/applications that emanated from the Substantive Appeals.

3.2 According to the Presiding Judge of the case, Honourable Justice Mahmud Mohammed (CJN) on 3rd of November, 2014, he said and I quote him verbatim.

“Meanwhile all pending motions in this matter are further adjourned to 19/1/2015 for hearing.”
Per: Justice Mahmud Mohammed (CJN)
Suit: SC./69/2011

3.3 From the above pronouncement of Justice Mahmud Mohammed (CJN) on 3rd of November, 2015, it is obvious that the Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria are ready to do substantial justice to all the outstanding motions pending before the court on 19th of January, 2015.

3.4 This is an indication that the Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria are committed to dispensing justice on the case as quickly as possible immediately all pending motions are resolved on 19th of January, 2015.

4.0 What Are The Pending Motions Court Must Resolve Before Hearing The Substantive Appeals?

4.1 The Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria shall not entertain the Substantive Appeals until all the Pending Motions/Applications are resolved.

4.2 This position in law is supported by the pronouncements of Honourable Justice Tsamiya (JCA) in the case between S.C.E.N and Nwosu when the court said and I quote.

“It is pertinent that all pending applications in a suit be thrashed so as to avoid want of fair hearing.
A court should not, per chance, give room for such complaints.
In the instance case, where processes such as the applications left pending before the trial court were the only documents filed by the defendant instead of the motion of intention to defend with an affidavit prescribed by the rules, such applications/processes must be heard before the case is determined on the merit.”

Per: Justice Tsamiya (JCA) 2008 ALL FWLR

4.3 The pending motions the Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria shall entertain/resolve before hearing the Substantive Appeals are stated below.

(1) An Application To Substitute The Name Of The First Appellant & First Cross Respondent (Rev. (Dr) CJA Uwemedimo)

(2) An Application To Restore CCNL Appeal

(3) An Application To Join Muideen Oyewo Adekunle As A Party To The Case.

(4) An Application For Time Extension To File Cross Appellant Reply Brief.

5.0 How Are You Sure We're Going To Be Victorious In Court Come January 19th?

5.1 The issues before the Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria for determination on 19th of January, 2015 are not the Substantive Appeals upon which the victory of CCNL suit can be evaluated.

5.2 It will be unwise for me to make any comment on the Substantive Appeals on a date (19/01/2015) set aside to entertain Pending Motions before the Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

5.3 As a result of this, and among other things, it will be more reasonable to restrict my comments to the Pending Motions set aside for determination on 19th of January, 2015 as against making comments on the Substantive Appeals, which hearing date yet to be fixed.

6.0 When Would The Court Entertain The Substantive Appeals?

6.1 Barring any unforeseen circumstances, immediately the Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court resolve pending motions on 19th of January, 2015, as the court pleases and on the discretion of the court, a new hearing date may be fixed to entertain the Substantive Appeals upon which the victory of CCNL can be evaluated.

6.2 The issues set aside for determination in the Substantive Appeals are stated below

6.3 Brief of argument filed by CCNL

ISSUE NO 1
‘’ Whether in the final analysis, the case, and in particular, paragraph 29 (iii), (iv), (v) and (viii) of the Amended Statement of Claim dated 20/11/2001 is statute barred?

ISSUE NO 2
2. “Whether the infringement of the Appellants’ patent right by the Respondent is continuous, to entitle the Appellants to compensation or royalty from the Respondents?

ISSUE NO 3
3. “Whether from the totality of the pleadings of the Respondents (then Defendants), did the Respondents deny and or successfully traverse the averments in paragraph 23 of the Appellants(then Plaintiffs) Amended Statement of Claim sufficiently for the Appellants to be called upon to prove the continuous use of the Appellants patented products by the Respondents?.

6.4 The Cross Appeal Filed by Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited.

ISSUE NO 1
Were the learned justice of the court of appeal in error when they held that the alleged agreement to pay $2:00 per barrel of every petroleum product to the plaintiffs/appellants/cross respondents was not necessarily against public policy and that there was no evidence to presume that the alleged agreement being envisaged was to circumvent the provisions of the petroleum Act or to prevent the Defendants/Respondents/ Cross Appellants from paying royalties to the Federal Government?

ISSUE NO 2
Having regard to the unambiguous provision in section 2(4) of the Patent and Designs Act Cap. 433 laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990, and the separate contract which is premised on Exhibits 7, 7B and 7C (Purchase Orders) were the learned Justices of the Court of Appeal in error to hold that the right to the patent in the invention resides in the plaintiffs/Appellants/Cross Respondents who are the statutory inventors?

7.0 How Are You Sure The Case Would Be Concluded In Year 2015?

7.1 All the necessary correspondences fundamental for the determination of the Substantive Appeals have been filed and exchanged between the Legal Counsels of Comandclem Nigeria Limited and Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited.

7.2 Those legal correspondences are stated below.

(1) Amended Brief Of Argument: Filed by CCNL

(2) Amended Respondent Reply Brief: Replied by Mobil Oil

(3) Appellants Reply Brief: Filed by CCNL

(4) Cross Appeal: Filed by Mobil Oil

(5) Cross Respondents Reply Brief: Replied by CCNL

(6) Cross Appellant Reply Brief: Filed by Mobil Oil

7.3 Owing to the fact that the above legal correspondences have been filed and exchanged between the litigants (CCNL & Mobil Oil), the Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria will be left with no option than to give pronouncement on the case in year 2015.

7.4 The availability of the above stated legal correspondences will enable the Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria to have unlimited access to legal resources/documents that will facilitate the finalization of the case in year 2015.

8.0 What Is The Final Judgment Day Of This Case?

8.1 Immediately after the hearing of the Substantive Appeal, the Honourble Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria are constitutionally bound to make a final judgment within ninety (90) days there from.

8.2 The above principle of law was demonstrated by Honourable Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad, Justice, Court of Appeal in the case involving Alh. Mohammed Sanusi & Ors., and. Alh. Mohammed Bello Gidiya & Ors.Citation: (2006) LPELR-9808(CA) when he said and I quote him verbatim.

"Section 294(1) of the 1999 Constitution stipulates that: "Every Court established under this Constitution shall deliver its decision in writing not later than 3 months after the conclusion of evidence and final addresses, and furnish all parties in the cause or matter determined with duly authenticated copies of the decision on the date of delivery thereof.

Per: Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad J.C.A (Pp 19)
Suit No: Alh. Mohammed Sanusi & Ors., and. Alh. Mohammed Bello Gidiya & Ors.Citation.
(2006) LPELR-9808(CA)

9.0 Conclusion

9.1 The hearing of the case on 19th of January, 2015, is specifically sets aside for the determination of all the pending motions before the Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

9.2 The Honourable Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria shall not hear the Substantive Appeals until all the pending motions/applications are resolved completely as demonstrated by Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad J.C.A when he said and I quote him verbatim.

"It is the bounden duty of a court to hear and determine all applications pending before it before making a final pronouncement by way of delivering judgment.
See AMOO v. ALABI (2003) 12 NWLR (part 835) 537."

Per: Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad J.C.A
Suit No: Alh. Mohammed Sanusi v Ors., and. Alh. Mohammed Bello Gidiya & Ors.
Citation: (2006) LPELR-9808(CA) J.C.A (P 18,Paras E-F)

9.3 As a result of the above, and among other things, it will be more reasonable to restrict my comments to the Pending Motions set aside for determination on 19th of January, 2015 as against making comments on the Substantive Appeals, which hearing date yet to be fixed.

9.4 Thanks.

Name: Yusuf Nurudeen (B. Sc, AAT, ACA)
Head Office Address:
CCNL Zonal Headquarters,
Number 4, Ogudu Road,
Ojota,
Lagos State.

Ondo State Office:
Position: CCNL Ondo State Manager
No 32. Oba-Adesida Road,
Opposite Airtel Office,
S.O. Area,
Akure.

Mobil Number: +2347032522248
CCNL Twitter Name: www.twitter.com/Comandlem_Nig
CCNL Corporate Facebook Address: www.facebook.com/comandclemnigerialimited
[/size]

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 5:20am On Dec 26, 2014
Scannews

Judiciary workers to embark on strike

There are strong indications that the nation’s Judiciary system
would be paralysed in the new year, except an immediate action is taken.

This is because the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) has threatened to embark on an indefinite strike from January 2, 2015 over the failure of stakeholders to respect the last memorandum of understanding regarding financial autonomy of the Judiciary.

JUSUN after an emergency meeting of its National Executive
Committee (NEC) in Abuja, said the planned strike became
imperative, considering the “rough terrain encountered by the union to make the state governors implement the judgment of Federal High Court delivered on January 13, 2014 which it lamented fell on deaf ears”.

In a communique made available to journalists which was jointly signed by the President of the union, Marwan Mustapha Adamu, and Assistant General Secretary, Placidus Nnamani, said it was obvious that the state governors are deliberately disobeying and frustrating the independence of judiciary.

The union said their action amounts to “insincerity and insensitivity” of the governors and the insecurity in the process of democratic principles as they have conspired not to allow a constitutional guaranteed and provided partners to exercise its due rights.

JUSUN also alleged that the Accountant General of the Federation is suspected to have compromised his position and authority imposed on him by the Court order.

It would be recalled that the previously intended strike by the union was suspended following the last Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) supervised by the Minister of Labour.

JUSUN however warned that “the indefinite strike which would start on January 2, 2015 would be total until the total compliance with the judgment of the Court, and the terms contained in the Memorandum of Understanding.”

It added that the union would not take responsibility of any mishap as a result of the breach.

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2014
Comandclem Nigeria Limited On Instagram

Just a click to access Comandclem Nigeria Limited on instagram

comandclem_nig_ltd • Instagram - http://instagram.com/comandclem_nig_ltd#

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2014

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 9:36am On Jan 01, 2015
Autonomy: Judiciary workers begin strike Jan. 2

BY ADE ADESOMOJU

Expectation that the nation’s judiciary will start enjoying full
financial autonomy in December this year has been dashed.

The Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria, which has been leading the
battle for a regime of financial independence for the nation’s
judiciary, has thus asked its members to resume strike on January 2, 2015.

The President of the union, Mr. Marwan Adamu, confirmed this to our correspondent on Tuesday.

JUSUN said it would resume strike because various stakeholders had flouted the Memorandum of Understanding in which it was agreed that the financial autonomy of the judiciary, as ordered by a Federal High Court in Abuja on January 13, 2014, would be given effect from December this year.

It was reportedly agreed in the MoU signed by the various parties after the November 27 meeting that as from the next meeting of the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee, the judgment of the Federal High Court would be complied with.

In line with the judgment, the Accountant-General of the Federation is to deduct the amounts standing to the credit of the states’ judiciary in the Consolidated Revenue Fund and remit same to the National Judicial Council, for onward disbursement to the heads of the various courts.

The meeting, which held at the instance of the Supervising Minister of Labour and Productivity, Kabir Turaki, was attended by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity, O.C. Illoh, Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr. Jonah Otunla, representatives of the NJC, the Federal Judicial Service Commission and the Federal Ministry of Finance.

The MoU issued at the end of the meeting was signed by a
representative of the Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr.
Jonah Otunla; Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Labour
and Productivity, O.C. Illoh; Director (Home Finance) of the Federal Ministry of Finance, K. Zaji; NJC’s Acting Director of Information,Mr. Soji Oye and the Head of Administration of FJSC, Akinwumi Aina.

The other signatories to the document were the JUSUN’s president and General Secretary, Marwan Adamu and I.M. Adetola, respectively.

Our correspondent’s findings also showed that apart from the
failure to respect the MoU, the directive given by the nation’s body of Court Registrars, with regards to the autonomy of the judiciary on September 29, this year, had also not made any impact.

The court registrars’ body had directed its members at both the
state and federal levels of the judiciary to stop sending their
budget proposals to the state or federal ministries of finance.

The body, under the then leadership of the Chief Registrar of the
Supreme Court, Sunday Olorundahunsi, (now a judge of Ondo State High Court), had directed that in line with the Federal High Court judgment, budget proposals of the judiciary should be sent directly to the legislature.

It was learnt that Chief Judges across the 36 states were reluctant to give approval to the directive to avoid unnecessary
confrontation with their state governors.

The President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Mr. Augustine
Alegeh (SAN), said financial autonomy had been given different
interpretations.

He said, “Various Chief Judges have different interpretations for
financial autonomy. Some CJs believe that once they are getting
what they need from the governors they are okay.

“But when we confronted JUSUN, they said a different thing.”
It was also learnt that some state judiciaries had already sent their budget proposals to the executive before the directive of the chief registrars’ body came but that no step was taken to implement the directive after the meeting

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/autonomy-judiciary-workers-begin-strike-jan-2/

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 6:07am On Jan 03, 2015
Why all judiciary workers will begin
total strike today — JUSUN President

All judiciary workers, under the auspieces of the Judiciary
Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) will commence an indefinite
and total nationwide strike from today.

President of the union, Comrade Marwan Mustapha Adamu,
has insisted that the workers will embark on the industrial
action, based on the decision of the National Executive
Committee (NEC) in their last meeting held in Abuja.

Adamu put the blame on the failure of the stakeholders,
especially the state governors to respect the Memorandum
of Uderstanding (MoU) signed some weeks ago on the
financial autonomy of the judiciary.

The MoU which was unilaterally signed by all the
stakeholders, actually forced JUSUN to call off its planned
strike then.

But the union has, during its last NEC meeting, described
as “insensitive” the failure of the stakeholders to respect
the last MoU regarding financial autonomy of the Judiciary.

To this end, the JUSUN president said the union would
commence the indefinite strike from January 2, 2015,
pending when Judiciary is free from the captives and
strangulation of the executive governors of the states.

He said the action became very imperative, considering the
“rough terrain encountered by the union to make the
governors implement the judgment of the Federal High
Court delivered on 13th January, 2014, but fall on deaf
ears”.

However according to a communique made available to
journalists, jointly signed by the President, comrade
Marwan Mustapha Adamu and Assistant General Secretary,
Comrade Placidus Nnamani, it is obvious that the judgment
debtors which are the Comrade Adamu regretted that the
state governors, who are affected by the judgement are
deliberately disobeying and frustrating the independence of
Judiciary.

According to him, the governors are not sincere and are
insensitive, adding that they have conspired not to allow
the independence of the judiciary as constitutionally
guaranteed.

The union also accused the Accountant General of the
Federation of compromising his position, and the authority
imposed on him by the Court order.

It would be recalled that the previously intended strike was
suspended following the signing of the MoU after a
stakeholders ‘ meeting supervised by the Minister of
Labour.

The MoU dated 27th November, 2014, has directed the
Accountant General of the Federation to deduct, directly the
allocations to states judiciaries during the last Federation
Account Allocations Committee (FAAC) meeting in
December 2014.

This agreement was however breached, Comrade Marwan
said.

The JUSUN president, however, warned that “the indefinite
strike shall commence from 2nd day of January 2015, until
the total compliance with the judgment of the Court, and the
terms contained in the Memorandum of Understanding.”

He added that the union will not take responsibility for any
mishap as a result of the breach.

Some of the efforts of the union includes securing a Court
judgment in a suit no FHC/ABJ/CS/66/2013, JUSUN vs
National Judicial Council and 73 others; Serving of
judgment on the debtors (governors); The Accountant
General of the Federatiom, State Accountants General and
state Auditor General for compliance.

Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/business/tribune-business/item/25680-why-all-judiciary-workers-will-begin-total-strike-today-jusun-president

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 6:07am On Jan 05, 2015
Autonomy: Judiciary workers begin strike today

Nothing will stop the judiciary workers from embarking on their
nationwide strike starting from Monday (today), the President of
the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria, Adamu Marwa, told The
PUNCH , on Sunday.

It means all levels of court up to the Supreme Court along with
other judiciary institutions such as the National Judicial Council, Federal Judicial Service Commission and the National Judicial Institute, will all be shut as from Monday (today).

The strike, according to the union, will be indefinite and will not be suspended until its demand for the implementation of the January 13, 2014 judgment of a Federal High Court in Abuja is met.

In line with the court judgment, the Accountant-General of the
Federation is to make deductions of the amount standing to the
credit of states’ judiciary in the Consolidated Revenue Fund and
remit it to the National Judicial Council which will then disburse
same to the various heads of court.

JUSUN said it would resume strike because various stakeholders had flouted the Memorandum of Understanding in which it was agreed that the financial autonomy of the judiciary as ordered by the court would be given effect from December 2014.

The MoU signed by various parties on November 27, 2014 meeting, stipulated that as from the next Federal Accounts Allocation Committee meeting, the judgment would be implemented.

The court had in July 2014 embarked on three weeks strike which was suspended after stakeholders promised to ensure that the union’s demands were met.

The discussions with the union culminated in the MoU which the stakeholders and the union reached in November 2014.

The terms of the MoU were due for implementation in December

Speaking with our correspondent on Sunday, Adamu said none ofthe stakeholders involved in the MoU had contacted the union
since the strike threat was issued.

“But what can they do even if they contacted us? What we are
asking for is the implementation of the MoU,” he said.

He gave the same response, when asked what role the Nigerian
Bar Association had been playing to avert the strike.

“We have not heard from them. The other time when we went on
strike they played a major role, but we have not heard from them
this time. But there is really nothing they can do without the
implementation of the judgement,” the JUSUN boss said.

He added, “No going back on the strike.” Attempts to reach the NBA President, Mr. Augustine Alegeh (SAN), on Sunday was futile as he neither answered our correspondent’s calls nor respond to a text message inquiring about the efforts made by his association to avert the strike.

The meeting where the MoU was agreed upon had held at the
instance of the Supervising Minister of Labour and Productivity,
Kabir Turaki, was attended by the Permanent Secretary, Federal
Ministry of Labour and Productivity, O.C Illoh, Accountant General of the Federation, Mr. Jonah Otunla, representatives of the National Judicial Council, the Federal Judicial Service Commission and the Federal Ministry of Finance.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/autonomy-judiciary-workers-begin-strike-today/

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 05, 2015
Hello all, happy new year. I heard judiciary workers will be embarking on strike. How true is it and what will be our fate if such happens considering the upcoming case this January? Thanks
Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by JUSTINO76: 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
How can we thank God for all His love for us? We have to thank God for His mercy and kindness. I am a year older today. On that note, I want to thank the Almighty for His love. Fellow Patentees, help me and thank Him for this undeserved favour.

1 Like

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria
(JUSUN) Refuses to Call Off Strike

The Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) on Monday said it
would only call off its ongoing strike if the government complied with the court judgment granting financial autonomy to states’ judiciary.

Emmanuel Abioye , Chairman, JUSUN, Lagos State branch, made
this known while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

Abioye told NAN that he was satisfied with the level of compliance with the indefinite strike which began on Monday.

He said:”The national body of JUSUN has directed us to embark
on an indefinite strike.

“They have actually told us that except government complies with the judgment of court, there is no going back.

“They have actually entered into several memorandum of
understanding and till now, those were not respected and that is why the strike is on.”

NAN reports that JUSUN embarked on the strike following the non-implementation of the Jan. 13, 2014 judgment of a Federal High Court in Abuja.

The court had ordered the Accountant-General of the Federation to make deductions of the amount standing to the credit of states’ judiciary in the Consolidated Revenue Fund.

The court directed the AGF to remit it to the National Judicial
Council which will then disburse same to the various heads of
court.

JUSUN had earlier embarked on a warning strike in July 2014, to
press home their demand for financial autonomy of the judiciary.

NAN correspondents, who monitored developments at the Lagos High Court, Igbosere and Ikeja, as well as some Magistrates’ Courts in the metropolis, report that the gates to the court complexes were locked.

Some lawyers and litigants who were unaware of the strike were denied entry into the high court premises by security men and some JUSUN officials.

Ikechukwu Anima, a Lagos-based lawyer, told NAN that the
judiciary workers were fighting a good cause.

He urged the government to put into effect the financial autonomy of the judiciary and yield to the demand of the judiciary workers.

The lawyer said that the strike would definitely cost him and his
clients a lot because he was in court to perfect the bail condition of one of his clients, who was in prison custody.

“I support the financial autonomy of the judiciary for proper checks and balances in the government.

“Government should endeavour to yield to the demand of the
judiciary workers, it is the right thing to do,” Anima said.

A woman, who refused to give her name, told NAN at the Lagos
Magistrates’ Court that she was there to stand as a surety for her brother who was in prison custody.

She expressed displeasure at the strike because it would prolong her brother’s stay in prison custody.

Source: http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/01/05/judiciary-staff-union-of-nigeria-jusun-refuses-to-call-off-strike/

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
CJN, Judges locked out as judicial workers
begin indefinite strike

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

ABUJA – THE Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Mahmud
Mohammed and other Justices of the Supreme Court were Monday, locked out of their respective offices by protesting members of the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria, JUSUN.

The Union which embarked on a nationwide indefinite strike
Monday, equally prevented Justices of the Appeal Court and
Judges of both High and Lower Courts within the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, from conducting any form of legal activity.

All the courts, including the Supreme Court, was barricaded by the striking judiciary workers who used heavy chains and padlocks to block entrance and exit gates to all the courts.

All the Justices that intended to access their offices yesterday,
including the CJN, were forced to turn back, as the workers,
through their National President Mr. Adamu Marwa, maintained
that they would not bow down until the Federal Government
complied and implemented the Federal High Court judgement that declared financial autonomy for the judiciary.

The judgment which was delivered on January 13, 2014, by
Justice Ademola Adeniyi had specifically ordered that funds meant for the judiciary should be released directly to the heads of courtsand not to the Executive arm of government.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/cjn-judges-locked-judicial-workers-‎begin-indefinite-strike/

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 5:39am On Jan 07, 2015
Judicial workers’ strike, a misdirected action – Lawyer

JANUARY 7, 2015 BY RAMON OLADIMEJI

A Lagos-based lawyer and an expert in labour dispute resolution, Mr. Eteh Enobong, has advised the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria to first exhaust all available avenues to enforce the court order on financial autonomy for the judiciary before resorting to strike.

Enobong described JUSUN’s nationwide strike that commenced on Monday as a misdirected action in the face of failure to explore all the avenues provided by the law.

Had JUSUN exhausted all the avenues provided by the law to
enforce the court judgment, Enobong said the union could have
sued the specific government officials who failed to implement the judgment for contempt.

The National Executive Committee of JUSUN had directed all its
members to proceed on an indefinite strike to protest the non-
compliance of state governments with a court order granting
autonomy and financial independence to the judiciary.

The judgment was given by a Federal High Court in Abuja on
January 13, 2014.

But Enobong, in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Tuesday, said that shutting down the courts by JUSUN members was tantamount to visiting the wrongdoings of the Accountant- General of the Federation and the state governors on the judiciary, which ironically had given judgment in JUSUN’s favour.

He said, “The question is, how do you embark on a strike that
affects the very court that gave the judgment you are trying to
enforce? How do you intend to enforce that judgment? Or are you also punishing the court that gave judgment in your favour by going on a strike that completely stops its operations?

“Visiting the wrong of the Accountant-General of the Federation
and the Attorneys-General of the states on the court is certainly
highhandedness. It is like victimising and punishing litigants and the court for a wrong that they have not committed. I think the best way is to go back to the court that gave the judgment.”

The lawyer added that by embarking on the strike, JUSUN had also blocked its own chance of approaching the court to obtain an enforcement order against the defendants in its case.

Enobong said, “My opinion is that embarking on a strike after a
judgment has been given when there is no step taken for the
enforcement of that order from the court that made that order is
completely wrongful and unlawful.

“When a party receives a judgment in its favour, the rules of court make provision for procedure for enforcement. In the specific and instant case of JUSUN judgment, all they need to do is bring an application for an order of court directing the particular officer to make remittance to the appropriate account on a regular basis, as per the judgment of the court. Where such an enforcement order has been made and any party refuses to comply, they can be committed for contempt.”

Meanwhile, the coroner’s inquest into the death of about 116
persons in the September 12, 2014 Synagogue Church of All
Nations building collapse was stalled on Tuesday owing to
JUSUN’s strike.

The coroner, Magistrate O.A. Komolafe, had on December 23, 2014 adjourned till Tuesday to continue with the inquest, which
commenced on October 13, 2014.

The inquest could not continue on Tuesday as the gates of the
Ikeja Lagos State High Court, venue of the inquest, were shut.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/judicial-workers-strike-a-misdirected-action-lawyer/

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 8:25am On Jan 07, 2015
FG not withholding fund for judiciary workers — AGF

The Accountant General of the Federation (AGF), Mr Jonah Otunla, said’, on Tuesday, that the Federal Government had not withheld any fund meant for the judiciary workers, adding that it had always ensured compliance.

Otunla, in an interview with journalists in Abuja, was reacting to
an allegation that the office of Accountant General of the
Federation did not comply with the judgment which barred the
executive from holding on to funds meant for the judiciary.

The office of the Accountant General, he said, was never a party to that litigation.

“But without any prejudice to that and also reminding you that the Federal Government has been acting consequently with what it should do.

“We’ve always been giving National Judicial Council its money as a first line charge without interference with how they manage the funds.”

Otunla explained that at the last Federation Account Allocation
Committee meeting held on December 16, a nominal distribution for money was made to the various state judiciaries.

This move, he noted, was stopped by the states to enable them
(states) to carry out what he referred to as reconciliation of
figures.

He said: “At the last Federation Accounts Allocation Committee
meeting, the OAGF made a nominal distribution for money to be
remitted to the various state judiciaries but the states said they
should give them more time to reconcile their figures and they
rightly declined that we should not effect the deduction.

“So at the Federal Ministry of Finance, we have tried our very best to ensure that the judgment is abided with. So the fault is not really ours.

“I think some states have even gone as far as to challenge the
judgment and it’s not really on the part of the OAGF to deduct the money of state when they say don’t.”

Meanwhile, the Federal Government has summoned the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN) to an emergency meeting today evening over its ongoing strike action that has paralysed activities in courts across the country.

The notice of the emergency meeting came as the president of
JUSUN, Comrade Marwan Mustapha Adamu, told the Nigerian
Tribune that no amount of intimidation or threats would make the union suspend the ongoing strike. The strike enters its third day today.

JUSUN was invited through a letter with Ref. No.
ML.IB/155/1//187, signed by Mrs Ike M.O for the Minister of
Labour and Productivity, Alhaji Kabiru Tanimu Turaki.

The letter, dated January 6, 2015, read: “I am directed to refer to
the current industrial action embarked upon by the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria and to invite you to an emergency meeting scheduled as follows..”

But the president of JUSUN, Comrade Adamu, vowed that the strike would continue, adding that no amount of intimidation would make them suspend the strike at this time.

He said the meeting was unnecessary because the only thing that could make them suspend the strike now was the implementation of the Federal High Court, Abuja judgment on the financial autonomy of the judiciary.

However, he added that the union would attend the meeting so that nobody would say its leadership was not open to dialogue.

Comrade Adamu said: “The condition and Memorandum of
understanding that led to JUSUN suspending their earlier strike
has been breached, so, as far as JUSUN is concerned, it is not
going to suspend the strike unless the Accountant General of the Federation complied with the court judgment.

Source: http://royaltimes.net/fg-not-withholding-fund-for-judiciary-workers-agf/

Re: Comandclem Registered Patentees Assembly by YusufAkure(m): 6:39am On Jan 08, 2015
NLC, NBA differ over judiciary workers’ strike

Written by Collins Olayinka Abuja and Joseph Onyekwere Lagos

Alegeh, others sue for amicable resolution of dispute
THE Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Nigeria Bar
Association yesterday expressed different opinions on the
Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN), which entered its
day three.

While the NLC backed the JUSUN action, saying it was high
time the judiciary got it’s financially autonomy, the
Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), urged the workers to
pursue amicable resolution of the contending issues.

General Secretary of the NLC, Dr. Peter Ozo-Eson, in Abuja
yesterday said the present dispute is a product of a chain of
broken promises by the office of the Accountant-General of
the Federation (AGF), State Governments and other
appropriate government agencies.

“A year ago, a court of competent jurisdiction entered a
judgment in favour of JUSUN by directing the AGF to deduct
money and pay the National Judicial Council as part of the
process of directly funding the judiciary, which in our view
further strengthens democracy in Nigeria,” NLC said.

Congress noted that direct funding of the Judiciary is a
constitutional right, which has been further strengthened by
a judicial pronouncement.

“We therefore call on the Attorney-General of the
Federation and all the Attorneys-General of the States to
respect this judgment. It is saddening that these Law
Officers are seen to be breaking the law in such a brazen
manner and at a time like this. Financial autonomy for the
judiciary is non-negotiable,” it stated.

NBA President Augustine Alegeh (SAN) said although
JUSUN had a good cause since there was a valid court’s
judgment in its favour, the effect of the strike action on the
masses was however, enormous.

His words: “We appreciate the position of JUSUN, but it is
important to note that the defendants in the suit are not the
only users of the courts; the courts are also accessible to
other members of the public.

Alegeh’s view is in line with that of the NBA’s Chairmen of
the Lagos, Ikeja and Ikorodu branches of the NBA, Mr. Alex
Muoka, Mr. Yinka Farounbi and Mr. Dotun Adetunji
respectively.

“The court remains the last resort of the common man and
we must appreciate that these are very critical political
times in the country.

“Various political parties are conducting primaries and the
court is the only avenue for individuals to ventilate their
grievances; so, we cannot afford for the courts to be shut
down at this point. It will have a negative impact on the
citizenry. On that grounds, we are appealing to JUSUN to
call off its strike”.

Alegeh also urged the union to employ other workable
means of getting the court’s judgment complied with and
implemented.

For Muoka, the development is painful. He added that the
strike action had affected activities of lawyers in the
country. We support the demands that JUSUN is making.
So, it is now for the government to abide by the decision of
the court on financial autonomy for the judiciary. He
however, appealed to government to implement the court’s
judgment in the interest of justice.

Farounbi described the strike action as unfortunate,
stressing that since there had been no formal appeal
against the judgment of the court, the natural consequence
should be simply for the executive arm to abide by it.

“I am not aware of any formal appeal lodged against the
judgment of the court, so it is rather unfortunate that there
is difficulty in compliance.

Source: http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/193106-nlc-nba-differ-over-judiciary-workers-strike

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (Reply)

What Does Your Birth Month Mean? / Rebranded: Sex Olympics in London / Dem Somali Girls!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.