Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,890 members, 7,924,807 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 10:25 PM

On Buying Land As A Couple: A Lesson Learned - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / On Buying Land As A Couple: A Lesson Learned (92 Views)

What Is The Best Financial Advice You’ve Ever Been Given Or Learned On Nairalan? / Nigerian Exchange Gains N247 Billion On Buying Interest In Airtel Africa / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Buying Land As A Couple: A Lesson Learned by BiznessPlanGirl(f): 11:02am On Jun 20
Two years after our wedding, we decided to buy a piece of land. We did all the necessary inquiries and confirmed the land was genuine. When it came time to provide the names for the documents, I, in my love-struck and novice state, submitted “Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Jonathan Uzoma.”

Thankfully, our family friend, who was handling the document processing, rejected it. He said, “Madam, anyone can answer Mrs. Stanley Jonathan Uzoma tomorrow. Please add your full name in the document. It's very, very necessary.”

Initially, I was offended. It felt like he was trying to hurt my feelings. But one thing I love about myself is that I'm teachable. I thought it over and realized the wisdom in his advice.

We corrected the names, listing my husband’s name and mine separately.

I've read many heart-rending stories of women cheated out of their hard-earned properties by fraudulent husbands who later kick them out and claim everything they both labored to acquire.

When I come across such stories, I silently bless our family friend who corrected me before I made the same mistake.

No matter how deeply in love you are, please ensure your full name is properly spelled out on any property documents. “Mr. and Mrs.” is just a title that anyone can use.

Your husband might be honest and good, but what about his family or fraudulent land agents? We love with our hearts, not our heads.

Services I Offer:
🎯 Writing grant-winning business plans and proposals.

🎯 Registering small businesses with CAC

🎯 Profiling your small business on Google.

For any of these services, send a DM to

https:///message/D6FVZSLTP2J7A1.

The Business Plan Girl.

(1) (Reply)

Work With Us. Earn Up To N400,000 Monthly. Videos, Lecture & Refreshments / E-commerce And Job Platforms Available / Court Freezes N1.1billion Linked To Globus Bank Ex-staff Accused Of Hacking, Ste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.