Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,728 members, 7,882,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:20 AM

Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years (523 Views)

Obi Cubana Sues PM Express For N1billion, Says He Is Not A Drug Baron. / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online / Solomon Nwadiogbu Sues Eko Hotels Over Illegal Seizure Of His N400M Belongings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by horlarofficial(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20
Laurence Van Wassenhove has sued her employer, Orange, for discrimination after being paid for two decades without being assigned any work.

Van Wassenhove was initially hired by France-Télécom in 1993 and later offered a secretary position due to her health needs.

Despite her request for a transfer and subsequent health evaluations deeming her unsuitable for her role, she was placed on standby and later on extended sick leave.

She claims that this prolonged period of inactivity led to severe isolation and depression, compelling her to seek legal recourse.

Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by Namaster: 3:15pm On Jun 20
A VERY stupid woman. It's no wonder NO work was assigned to her in 20 years.

The company should countersue for every dime she collected in the past 20 years.

This level of stupid should bring SEVERE consequences.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by Healthrelatedjo: 3:21pm On Jun 20
Make I see this kind work sef...na fem!
I no go sound piim

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by ZekeYeager: 3:27pm On Jun 20
She doesn't understand that they were paying her NOT to work. Better to keep her employed as a low earning secretary than fire her and risk a lawsuit for gender discrimination where they may end up paying her millions. She's just wasting her time.
Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20
so let me get this straight: you are NOT FIT to do the work, so they gave you yeye position where you do nothing (and then extended eave), and they've been paying you for 20yrs.... and now you want to sue them because they accommodated your yeye unfit self all this time?!?!
Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by muyico(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20
shey she come this world to suffer nih?
don't help or assist women, u go regret at last, even ur wife will say weytinz u do for me, shey I force u to do am

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by Natbrowny: 3:41pm On Jun 20
She claims that this prolonged period of inactivity led to severe isolation and depression, compelling her to seek legal recourse.

This was her reason.

If i was her.. I will be collecting my salary and investing in my entrepreneural business of my choice. By that I'll solve inactivity and isolation. My business go just dey large.

Except this crazy company get clause say u cant be involved in any kinda trade while with them. Trust me. If u use another person as 3rd party. They will know. Evil people oo
Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 20
Natbrowny:
This was her reason.
If i was her.. I will be collecting my salary and investing in my entrepreneural business of my choice. By that I'll solve inactivity and isolation. My business go just dey large.
Except this crazy company get clause say u cant be involved in any kinda trade while with them. Trust me. If u use another person as 3rd party. They will know. Evil people oo

if you are on sick leave then you definitely cant be working for your own biz or doing any outside work, that would be a valid reason for dismissal (while its obvious she wants to continue receiving them checks).
Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by thesicilian: 4:38pm On Jun 20
Namaster:
A VERY stupid woman. It's no wonder NO work was assigned to her in 20 years.

The company should countersue for every dime she collected in the past 20 years.

This level of stupid should bring SEVERE consequences.
I am The Sicilian and I endorse this message
Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by Jeon(f): 7:10pm On Jun 20
This one no normal oooooh.
Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by Diego35M: 8:57pm On Jun 20
horlarofficial:
Laurence Van Wassenhove has sued her employer, Orange, for discrimination after being paid for two decades without being assigned any work.

Van Wassenhove was initially hired by France-Télécom in 1993 and later offered a secretary position due to her health needs.

Despite her request for a transfer and subsequent health evaluations deeming her unsuitable for her role, she was placed on standby and later on extended sick leave.

to those criticising her she has her reasons, but this should be a blessing to some of us...
Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by Idiotmod: 11:31pm On Jun 20
Na too much of freedom dey worry most women. Bring the job to Nigerians u go shock how many would’ve applied
Re: Woman Sues Company For Assigning No Work But Fully Paying Her For 20 Years by PropertyBanker(f): 5:48am On Jun 21
Diego35M:
to those criticising her she has her reasons, but this should be a blessing to some of us...

(1) (Reply)

Free Solutions To Your I.t Problems / Sanusi Hits Banks Again / 24/7 Power Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.