Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,189 members, 7,891,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:03 AM

Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle (1075 Views)

Emir Tussle: Court Sets Aside Law Used In Dethroning Ado Bayero / Emir Tussle: Court Slams ₦‎10m Fine On Kano State Over Breach Of Bayero's Right / Two Versions Of The Kano State Appeal Court Judgement Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by givedemwotowoto: 6:02pm On Jun 20
Based on jurisdictions, it's the jurisdiction of the State High Court to entertain this matter, because Kano emirates are purely based on Kano State laws, and have not been determined to violate the federal constitution.

From my understanding, the Federal High Court can only intervene in limited situations, for example, if the constitutional rights of the dethroned emir are violated, or when the Kano emirate laws violate the federal constitution

Also from my understanding, the Federal High Court is not a higher authority to the State High Court, they have separate jurisdictions. If the State High Court sets aside the ruling of a Federal High Court because it considers the matter to be a state matter and not federal, this order will be respected until the determination of a higher court, in this case, the Court of Appeal.

nlfpmod mynd44 seun

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by givedemwotowoto: 6:02pm On Jun 20
cool
Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by 10mobile: 6:20pm On Jun 20
givedemwotowoto:
Based on jurisdictions, it's the jurisdiction of the State High Court to entertain this matter, because Kano emirates are purely based on Kano State laws, and have not been determined to violate the federal constitution.

From my understanding, the Federal High Court can only intervene in limited situations, for example, if the constitutional rights of the dethroned emir is violated, or when the Kano emirate laws violate the federal constitution

Also from my understanding, the Federal High Court is not a higher authority to the State High Court, they have separate jurisdictions. If the State High Court sets aside the ruling of a Federal High Court because it considers the matter to be a state matter and not federal, this order will be respected until the determination of a higher court, in this case, the Court of Appeal.

Do you know the terms of the ruling. If you do, make it available and let's take it up from there. For now, you are making your conclusion on a very simplistic ground.

1 Like

Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by NwaNimo1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20
Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by NwaNimo1(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20
givedemwotowoto:

From my understanding, the Federal High Court can only intervene in limited situations, for example, if the constitutional rights of the dethroned emir is violated, or when the Kano emirate laws violate the federal constitution

This is Nigeria where laws, jurisdictions and judgements are fluid......

....you are right in your assumptions but wrong in your conclusion!

2 Likes

Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by givedemwotowoto: 6:35pm On Jun 20
NwaNimo1:

Nigeria is such a puzzling country

1 Like

Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by helinues: 6:52pm On Jun 20
This na half baked information

You are wrong

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by Fortruth: 6:59pm On Jun 20
givedemwotowoto:

Frankly, this will not help your economic situation. It is the elites fighting among themselves. You people continue to make them relevant…
Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by givedemwotowoto: 7:18pm On Jun 20
cool
Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by givedemwotowoto: 7:18pm On Jun 20
helinues:

You are wrong

So what is right?
Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by helinues: 7:39pm On Jun 20
givedemwotowoto:

So what is right?

Would you pay for the lecturing?

5 Likes

Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by givedemwotowoto: 8:24pm On Jun 20
helinues:

Would you pay for the lecturing?

Didn't you learn communication etiquette in school? You don't just tell someone they're wrong without offering your "right" perspective. That's too much entitlement

2 Likes

Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by helinues: 8:26pm On Jun 20
givedemwotowoto:

Didn't you learn communication etiquette in school? You don't just tell someone they're wrong without offering your "right" perspective. That's too much entitlement

Are you tired of giving us wototowo? Abi you think say I no know say na the ex NL canceller dey behind this moniker.

So for your mind, you believe you can be trolling us for years and still be teaching you things for free?

Ko jor. Na the punishment for trolling be that

1 Like

Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by Rexymania(m): 10:02pm On Jun 20
NwaNimo1:

This is the best reply
Re: Correct Me If I Am Wrong On The Kano Emir Tussle by FatimaAbubakar(f): 10:10pm On Jun 20
helinues:

You are wrong

You always sound very unintelligent. Stop disgracing yourself with your 50mb from MTN.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

End Of The Road For 9 Billionaire Kidnappers In Lagos / Dangote Refinery Is Not Worth 19 Billion Dollars ! / Is Deputy Gov/ Vice-president Poistion Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.