Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,835 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:46 AM

Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends (60391 Views)

School Friends Who Travelled Abroad Share 4-Year Throwback Photo / Nigerian Man Marries His Secondary School Mate, 15 Years Later (Photos) / My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Chickenandchips(f): 7:02pm On Jun 20
An abroad-based Nigerian man sheds light on his decision to block all his secondary school friends on social media.

The entrepreneur, Identified as Austin Uche Okolo, recounted why he had to block all his secondary school friends on social media after one of his current friends asked him if he still kept in touch with anyone from that time.

Recalling the reason behind his action, Okolo revealed that when he launched his first venture at 18, a clothing brand named ‘Born To Stand Out,’ many of his peers ridiculed him on social media.

Despite his brand’s subsequent success and global recognition, the hurtful remarks from his past remained vivid. Rather than seeking revenge, he chose to distance himself from negativity by blocking those individuals.

Okolo encouraged others to do the same and focus on pursuing their aspirations in a world filled with insecurities.

According to him, one’s dreams and aspirations are incredibly personal and fragile, especially when one starts to chase them which is why it is vital to protect and comfort them like a newborn baby.

SEE BELOW:

90 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Chickenandchips(f): 7:04pm On Jun 20
More..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Chickenandchips(f): 7:05pm On Jun 20

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by jumpandpas(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20
Go and sit down

289 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by squash47(m): 7:30pm On Jun 20
Those people are living very good life than you. You're not the only one making progress too.

545 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Wawelexy(m): 7:40pm On Jun 20
Nigerians and this blocking of a thing sha... undecided don't really know how they see it... Especially ladies...

Till you block your destiny helper, you won't know. I prefer people not to cheer me up at the beginning of my dream so as to use that as a motivation to push harder... Those same friends who didn't take him serious back then when he was nothing, can still be a point of contact to a big firm or individual that will take your brand global... Abi you think it's only you that has made it? Lol... Nollywood don mess with this guy brain

225 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Wawelexy(m): 7:42pm On Jun 20
undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by EreluRoz: 8:01pm On Jun 20
Sometimes it's best to keep your distance. He's an attractive young rich guy though but that ear rings is a turn off

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by MatrixReloaded: 8:03pm On Jun 20
Keep in mind that one will rise and become your ruler. Stay humble and keep your circle minimum.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by DeltaBachelor(m): 8:08pm On Jun 20
Hmmm. Very funny

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by 1Sharon(f): 9:01pm On Jun 20
EreluRoz:
Sometimes it's best to keep your distance. He's an attractive young rich guy though but that ear rings is a turn off

He looked good in the first pic then it just went haywire.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by dominique(f): 9:26pm On Jun 20
Hushpuppy jr gettat abeg. So all your secondary school friends just decided to collectively mock you because you started a clothing business? How does that even make sense? Meanwhile I googled this so-called award winning clothing brand, all I found related to BTSO is a Korean perfume brand. Nothing about clothing o. Don't go and lay low, be disturbing the social media with yeye perspire to aspire stories. Invictus and hushpuppy says hi.

156 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by We4all: 9:36pm On Jun 20
His reasons for blocking them doesn't make sense. The question is, if he was still struggling, would he do the same? By the way, he is gay. If in doubt, go and argue with Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Rexymania(m): 10:09pm On Jun 20
You sure say na this clothing stuff give you money, abi na *clear throat*

Anyway, congratulations

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Shomek(m): 10:39pm On Jun 20
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Mindlog: 6:53am On Jun 21
Most of my closest friends are from my secondary school days and my set's WhatsApp group, very active and have get togethers regularly, attending each other's events irrespective of locations in the world, if convenient.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by snowball11(m): 7:02am On Jun 21
No one gives a hoot if you decides to block your whole generation! grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by JessicaRabbit(f): 7:06am On Jun 21
I hope Austin also remembers to keep a few reality-checkers around. I mean the ones who'll be eager to celebrate your wins but also call you out on your B.S. Some of his previous critics might have been well-intentioned, while he saw their criticisms as nothing more than mere ridicule.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by DevilsEqual(m): 8:36am On Jun 21
Nobody gives an F about your success

Go to LinkedIn, IG and Facebook and see how people keep winning big everyday as if it's a birthright

Success is even relative and you may even be too low for some of them to have your contact

Life starts again when the Church ends

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Themainboy22: 9:16am On Jun 21
EreluRoz:
1Sharon:

He looked good in the first pic then it just went haywire.
Lol, the level at which you women goes in deluding/over-estimating yourselves can be funny sometimes.

For your mind, he's fine, rich and attractive but you don't think you can date or marry him because of the ear rings. And who told you: you stand a chance of meeting him and not talk of him finding you attractive.

Na so one girl told me say she no like
C Ronaldo, and will never date him.
I was like; where you wan see him in the first place grin grin.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by 1Sharon(f): 10:23am On Jun 21
Themainboy22:
Lol, the level at which you women goes in deluding/over-estimating yourselves can be funny sometimes.

For your mind, he's fine, rich and attractive but you don't think you can date or marry him because of the ear rings. And who told you: you stand a chance of meeting him and not talk of him finding you attractive.

Na so one girl told me say she no like
C Ronaldo, and will never date him.
I was like; where you wan see him in the first place grin grin.

Are you dense and blind? Where did I say anything about dating him, marrying him or finding him attractive??

Mòron!

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by AcadaWriter: 11:19am On Jun 21
Go and sit down
Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by datola: 1:25pm On Jun 21
Hmmm...
Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by gare(f): 1:25pm On Jun 21
Chickenandchips:
An abroad-based Nigerian man sheds light on his decision to block all his secondary school friends on social media.

The entrepreneur, Identified as Austin Uche Okolo, recounted why he had to block all his secondary school friends on social media after one of his current friends asked him if he still kept in touch with anyone from that time.

Recalling the reason behind his action, Okolo revealed that when he launched his first venture at 18, a clothing brand named ‘Born To Stand Out,’ many of his peers ridiculed him on social media.

Despite his brand’s subsequent success and global recognition, the hurtful remarks from his past remained vivid. Rather than seeking revenge, he chose to distance himself from negativity by blocking those individuals.

Okolo encouraged others to do the same and focus on pursuing their aspirations in a world filled with insecurities.

According to him, one’s dreams and aspirations are incredibly personal and fragile, especially when one starts to chase them which is why it is vital to protect and comfort them like a newborn baby.

SEE BELOW:

Because of urgent 2k I guess

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by helinues: 1:26pm On Jun 21
grin

Sorry na beggars group. I joined mine some years ago, I didn't even spend upto a month before I removed myself from the group

They must be raising money for something sha ni

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by allen113: 1:27pm On Jun 21
Na so Hushpuppi take start with plenty write up and fine fine pics, one of which caught my attention was his letter to the ghetto kid. Now this one, well time will tell.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by gameshare542(m): 1:27pm On Jun 21
You dy block all your colleagues in high school, when me I dy here dy find all my colleagues for the same high school. This life ehn.....

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by PotatoSalad(m): 1:27pm On Jun 21
Smh. My secondary school mates came through for me when I had an accident.
Infact, I'm more closer to them than the snakes I went to uni with.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by Smartcitizen: 1:27pm On Jun 21
Go and win the world cup for blocking them and stop telling us abeg.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Blocks All His Secondary School Friends by RickyJesus: 1:27pm On Jun 21
squash47:
Those people are living very good life than you. You're not the only one making progress.
I just hope people will always remember this.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Hilarious Grammars Of Patrick Obahiagbon And Their Meaning / Killings Of Innocent Unijos Students.. / Faith Omodon, Missing Delta Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.