Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,520 members, 7,885,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:59 AM

Does Allah Descend To The Lowest Heaven? If Yes, How And When? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Allah Descend To The Lowest Heaven? If Yes, How And When? (181 Views)

Where Does Allah Lives - Seventh Heaven Or Lowest Heaven / Does Allah Also Fall Sick? / What Does Allah Mean By Calling Himself Al-Baari(The Evolver)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Allah Descend To The Lowest Heaven? If Yes, How And When? by Lukgaf(m): 5:17am On Jun 21
Allah descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains. The descent of Allah to the lowest heaven is in a real sense, in a manner that befits His Majesty and Might. Allah descends however He wills, whenever He wills.

It was narrated by Al-Bukhari in his Sahih (1145) and by Muslim (1261) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“The Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains and says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask of Me, that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”

It should be noted that the descent of the Lord – may He be Exalted – to the lowest heaven is one of the actions that are attributed to Him and has to do with His will and wisdom. It is descending in a real sense, in a manner that befits His Majesty and Might. Allah descends however He wills, whenever He wills. Glory be to Him, there is nothing like unto Him and He is the All-Hearing, All-Seeing.

It is not permissible to distort the meaning of the Hadith by saying that what is meant is that His command or mercy descends, or that one of His angels descends.

And Allah knows best

Source: IslamQA

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is The Story Of Israeli Being Enslaved In Egypt A Hoax? / Why You Should Have Patience In Allah? / Day 1 "Ramadan Special": Things That Invalidated Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.