Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension (7977 Views)

Asari Dokubo Visits Gov. Fubara, Declares Loyalty. (photos) / Okada: Fear Grips Riders In Lagos As Statewide Ban Looms / Nigeria Is Better Together, Olawepo Hashim Declares Amidst Rising Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Kosisochukwu12: 7:13am On Jun 21
Rivers State Governor Siminalayi Fubara has reassured the public that the state remains peaceful amidst speculations of widespread crisis.

The governor made the remarks during an inspection of the Omodu-Eberi-Omuma Road in Omuma Local Government Area on Thursday.

Fubara said that government activities are functioning normally and residents are going about their legitimate businesses without hindrance.

Speaking at Egbelu Junction, the governor clarified that the inspection aimed to correct misconceptions about the state’s condition. He also announced the extension of the road project to link neighbouring Abia State, a testament to the state’s continued development.

This assurance comes amidst escalating tensions between supporters of Governor Fubara and his predecessor, Nyesom Wike, now Minister of the Federal Capital Territory.

The conflict, which recently resulted in two fatalities, is the latest development in an ongoing dispute between the two political figures.

The crisis dates back to late last year and has included incidents such as the bombing of the state House of Assembly and an attempted impeachment of Governor Fubara by lawmakers loyal to Wike.

The immediate cause of the current conflict was the expiration of the three-year tenure of the 23 local government chairmen on Monday.

The outgoing chairmen, backed by a local government amendment law passed by the Martin Amaewhule-led House of Assembly, sought to extend their terms by six months due to the governor’s failure to conduct local government elections.

In response, Governor Fubara appointed caretaker chairmen, who were sworn in on Wednesday.

https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-there-is-peace-in-rivers-state-fubara-declares-amidst-statewide-tension/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by AngusTV: 7:42am On Jun 21
I believe him.

They should wrap it up already.

I sell quality smart wristwatches.

Kindly call or send me a mess@ge.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Lumarstone: 7:43am On Jun 21
Yes, there is peace in River State, just that the on ongoing political war is gradually getting to a dangerous diamension as some heads are already rolling on ground, thus; becoming something else. I agree with the governor hence the issue doesn't affect people going and doing their legitimate businesses.

3 Likes

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by whytediamond(m): 8:40am On Jun 21
grin

Fubara: there's peace in Rivers State.

Wike: I don't want peace, I want problems.

Tinubu: Na una wahala.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by slaawomirr: 8:41am On Jun 21
Damnnn niggar

The last time I check there is no peace

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by NairalandForumo: 8:41am On Jun 21
This man should just ignore Tinubu's FG and Wike, let him open new offices for the LG's in their various local governments and continue governance, when they(the police) are tired of occupying the LG offices shame will pursue them back to where they came from....

They want to set trap for him so that he will send boys to start fighting the police to claim the LG offices back, when there is chaos in the whole local governments of the state it gives room to declare state of emergency then he loses out of the fight, Ignore them and continue your governance abeg, people that should be focusing on fixing the country are busy fighting a state governor for selfish gains...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Kukutente23: 8:41am On Jun 21
True talk

What is the update on Appeal Court case yesterday? fergie001
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by ChizzyBuna(m): 8:41am On Jun 21
Yes
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:42am On Jun 21
The kind of misinformation flying around at the moment need to be checked

1 Like

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Neduzze5(m): 8:42am On Jun 21
Yes. There's total peace in Rivers state.

It's just the Federal sponsored anarchists and security agencies that are causing problems in the state.

They should kindly vacate and allow all the new Chairmen of the different LGAs to perform their functions to the best of their abilities.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by 0001Lagos: 8:42am On Jun 21
I'm in rivers right now , everywhere is peaceful .

2 Likes

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Fiscus105(m): 8:42am On Jun 21
I think president should declare state of emergency in Rivers and also suspend Wike as his minister!

Government activities are functioning normally yet,
local governments are under lock.

3 men doing the work of 27 in the house.

If they are deceiving me, I will not deceive myself.

4 Likes

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Lindlady: 8:43am On Jun 21
Rivers is very peaceful, more than Abuja and Lagos.
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Lanretoye(m): 8:44am On Jun 21
We are talking about rivers state and not inside one ogulu river.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by nairalee(m): 8:44am On Jun 21
This can be a case of translation or pronunciation.

He meant to say PISS not PEACE

1 Like

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Awesomejake(m): 8:45am On Jun 21
You dey whine Wike?

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by BondRiv: 8:45am On Jun 21
Clueless ingrate full of deceit. Very incompetent thing.

3 Likes

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Nahunger(m): 8:46am On Jun 21
grin

So sad wike a man I used to love is also a tyrant and God father wanna be.

Fubara press e neck, choke am, squeeze am and don't stop 🛑

1 Like

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by DevilsEqual(m): 8:47am On Jun 21
Is this guy even working at all

He's alive responding to side talks

26 Likes

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by wunmi590(m): 8:47am On Jun 21

I believe him, he's the number 1 citizen of the state, so anything he says I take it from him, rather than the pained Abuja man
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Lanre1st(m): 8:48am On Jun 21
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Marvieduke(f): 8:48am On Jun 21
But wike don't want peace for you and the state....
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by marksonrick: 8:49am On Jun 21
Ok
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Cj4charles(m): 8:50am On Jun 21
cheesy
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by udemzyudex(m): 8:50am On Jun 21
Fiscus105:
I think president should declare state of emergency in Rivers and also suspend Wike as minister!

3 men doing the work of 27 in house.

Go and tell him to do so.

1 Like

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by oyeb15: 8:52am On Jun 21
It's APC people especially Wike boys that has no peace in Rivers State.

The people will come for their heads.

1 Like

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:54am On Jun 21
0001Lagos:
I'm in rivers right now , everywhere is peaceful .
Rivers is peaceful grin , we love the ambience now no more noise of if them born you well , if them born you well grin. All the noise makers have been chased away grin

2 Likes

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by Zillion99: 8:54am On Jun 21
This is how this one we use 4 good godamn years and nothing to show off for it. So pathetic that politician never realize how time flies when it comes to give your people the dividend of democracy to the his people who gave him the majority mandate to lead them to the right path but here he is chasing shadow instead of him should "Gbà fún oga">= obey your boss but he is here listening to gbajue mugu people who doesn't know anything or how politics is been played. Contiumm Sim Card cos they will use you like Glo Sim and look for the next Sim to hack down..tueeh

5 Likes

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by abidem4real: 8:55am On Jun 21
Kosisochukwu12:

https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-there-is-peace-in-rivers-state-fubara-declares-amidst-statewide-tension/
Of course there is absolute peace in Rivers State after all none of the children of either Fubara or Wike has been a victim of the lingering crystal clear crisis.

Awon oloselu country yi ko le r'orun wo rara
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:56am On Jun 21
Fiscus105:
I think president should declare state of emergency in Rivers and also suspend Wike as minister!

3 men doing the work of 27 in house.

Something is fundamentally wrong with you if you don't believe in the judicial process but believe the president has more sense than the judiciary. Th matter is in court as we speak , and nothing done so far is against the wishes of the court.

It is when actions taken violates the court dictates and actions definitely spirals to a violent situation that's when some of these actions will be taken not even state of emergency but national assembly taking over the duties of the house of assembly but they can do it because the matter is in court. Democracy isn't autocratic regime where you take decisions based on emotions but based on rule of law.

1 Like

Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by TYCO77: 8:58am On Jun 21
Kosisochukwu12:

[color=#000099][/color]

The immediate cause of the current conflict was the expiration of the three-year tenure of the 23 local government chairmen on Monday.

The outgoing chairmen, backed by a local government amendment law passed by the Martin Amaewhule-led House of Assembly, sought to extend their terms by six months due to the governor’s failure to conduct local government elections.

In response, Governor Fubara appointed caretaker chairmen, who were sworn in on Wednesday
[b][/b].

Junk journalism.
Re: There Is Peace In Rivers State – Fubara Declares Amidst Statewide Tension by flokii: 8:59am On Jun 21
Those pushing Fubara will soon abandon him when FG declares State of Emergency in Rivers State and Khaki guys take over. He should continue fighting Wike that is above him till he'll lose out.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SERAP Drags Nigerian Officials To ICC ‘for Leaving 13.2m Children Out Of School / Tinubu: My Administration Will Achieve Double-Digit Economic Growth / Nnamdi Kanu Files ₦‎20 Billion Suit Against AGF Malami Over Defamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.