Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,171 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:07 AM

Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct (5657 Views)

Court Voids Kogi APC Ward Congresses, Delegates List For Guber Primary / Battle For Lagos: Ambode Turns To God As APC Elders Seal His Fate / Tinubu Instructed Us To Work For Sanwo-olu's Emergence As Governor -APC Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by ogugwa1992: 8:10am On Jun 21
As part of its buildup to reclaim Anambra in the 2025 governorship election of the state, the All Progressives Congress (APC) Elders Forum has insisted that zoning should remain as generally agreed by all the political parties.

Rising from a meeting in Awka, Wednesday, with Chief Innocent Obi as its Chairman the forum declared that anybody who tried to scuttle the zoning arrangement would be doing so at his or her own risk.

Chief Obi speaking on behalf of the elders drawn from the 21 Local Governement Areas of the state assured that the elders were mobilizing on a daily basis at the grassroots level in readiness for the upcoming gubernatorial election.

He said that the forum was busy preferring solutions to naughty issues that could bring problems to the election.

The body language of the elders was that the zoning to Anambra South should be sacrosanct.

“We’re there, we’re working and we have cordial relationship with the state executive of the party.

“Whatever you do, you have to face court of public opinion. There was an agreement to the effect that this is the way things should be going in Anambra state.

“In Imo state all the political parties gathered together for what they, I think, called equity charter. The idea is if you take, I take. If you take all, you know what it means.

“For me, an agreement is an agreement whether written or not. There’s a system already at work in Anambra state. Anybody who denies that is not saying the truth. As elders, we should say it the way it is.

“An arrangement is on the ground. During the 2022 election, the party that pretended that zoning is nonsense suffered for it. They suffered because someone who contested under their platform did not come from where that post should go.

“Whatever decision our party comes up with, the elders must go with them because we’re under them.

“There’s an arrangement on the ground, if the party touches it, there’s nothing the elders can do. But our prayer is that the party will not tamper with the arrangements on the grounds. We believe that anybody who has taken his turn should shift.

“The elders will be pleased if the candidate comes from the South. If you ask me, the South has done four years and the South has four years extra, “he concluded.

One of the elders, Mr Okey Chukwuogo who also spoke said the zoning started with the former Governor of the state, Mr Peter Obi.

He said that Obi presented the zoning arrangement to all the stakeholders in the state including the town unions and traditional rulers who he said endorsed the system.

“Then if all these bodies endorsed it, can anybody say Anambra is not zoned? I’m saying that there’s zoning, but power is not given, it’s taken, “he added.

https://leaders.ng/2024/06/20/anambra-2025-apc-elders-forum-declares-zoning-for-guber-election-sacrosanct/

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by DevilsEqual(m): 8:13am On Jun 21
This is a simple thing that the PDP couldn't fit the East on the National scale

If Dem no rate you, Dem no rate u be that

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Kionniok: 8:59am On Jun 21
DOA grin
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by christejames(m): 8:59am On Jun 21
Effort in vain shocked
APC will come fourth.

18 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by DMerciful(m): 9:00am On Jun 21
Up till now, the fraudulent INEC chairman is still there.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Exclusive002: 9:00am On Jun 21
DevilsEqual:
This is a simple thing that the PDP couldn't fit the East on the National scale

If Dem no rate you, Dem no rate u be that
really, how
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by jumpandpas(m): 9:00am On Jun 21
grin

Criminals that cannot rebuild Nigeria what to rebuild Anambra grin

13 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by PeterObi4LP: 9:05am On Jun 21
I'm not from East but you see Anambra, it will take Federal might and massive rigging for APC to win that state.

27 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by DMerciful01(m): 9:05am On Jun 21
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Snake001: 9:05am On Jun 21
Hehehe

I don't know why I see these people (all of them) as ipobic elements.

They all have the same ideology (men, women, boys, girls, old, young, rich and the poor).

E for beta make them give them their own country where cannibalism is going to be legalised.
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Akaegwu(m): 9:06am On Jun 21
Obi's idea is what APC is fighting to keep. OBI the man wey sabi

8 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by jetwonder(m): 9:06am On Jun 21
grin grin grin
All people Criminals

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by celestineteryim: 9:07am On Jun 21
APC will take over Anambra comes 2025

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Diligence: 9:07am On Jun 21
When it comes to Zoning, the principle of belongingness, carrying every zone along, diversity & inclusion, Pls just leave it for Anambra State - The Light of the Nation!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by kennyz247(m): 9:08am On Jun 21
Good for them
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by celestineteryim: 9:13am On Jun 21
Exclusive002:
really, how
the same criminal that didn't build Anambra wants build Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by celestineteryim: 9:14am On Jun 21
christejames:
Effort in vain shocked
APC will come fourth.
like LP in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:15am On Jun 21
DMerciful:
Up till now, the fraudulent INEC chairman is still there.

grin grin grin grin. NO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY KIND OF INCOMPETENCE BY SAME INEC EXCEPT WHERE PETER OBI LOST. grin grin cheesy grin Who do these people?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Kpartners: 9:15am On Jun 21
Snake001:
Hehehe

They all have the same ideology (men, women, boys, girls, old, young, rich and the poor).

E for beta make them give them their own country where cannibalism is going to be legalised.
Skull miner
The have been fighting for their own country before your father was born

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Bobloco: 9:17am On Jun 21

One of the elders, Mr Okey Chukwuogo who also spoke said the zoning started with the former Governor of the state, Mr Peter Obi.

He said that Obi presented the zoning arrangement to all the stakeholders in the state including the town unions and traditional rulers who he said endorsed the system.

“Then if all these bodies endorsed it, can anybody say Anambra is not zoned? I’m saying that there’s zoning, but power is not given, it’s taken, “he added.

Peter Obi's name will always be mentioned along with fairness and equity

This is what leadership entails.

Peter Obi is a true leader

7 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by DMerciful(m): 9:18am On Jun 21
Both where Obi won and lost, IREV was not used in real-time.

INEC is a fraud
Zxcvbnmghtr:

grin grin grin grin. NO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANY KIND OF INCOMPETENCE BY SAME INEC EXCEPT WHERE PETER OBI LOST. grin grin cheesy grin Who do these people?

5 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by legitnow1: 9:18am On Jun 21
TINUBU PRICK DEY STAND ONTOP ANAMBRA, LET US SEE HOW THAT GOES.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by RecentHistory: 9:18am On Jun 21
PeterObi4LP:
I'm not from East but you see Anambra, it will take Federal might and massive rigging for APC to win that state.

APC is not interested in Anambra. Soludo is doing a good job there.
Provided he's hammering sense in the empty heads of Labour rats, that is okay.
He should continue the good work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:19am On Jun 21
DMerciful:
Both where Obi won and lost, IREV was not used in real-time.

INEC is a fraud

So?
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Khyrvxjzy: 9:21am On Jun 21
h
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by ElevationD: 9:22am On Jun 21
“Reclaim”? How? Where?
Did APC as little as have a foothold in Anambra state, until Ifeanyi Ubah decamped from YPP last year?

Unfortunately they have to contend with:
LP
APGA
PDP

Where will the victory come from, even with elections rigging?
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Svoboda(m): 9:22am On Jun 21
PeterObi4LP:

Apc isnt keen on anambra, after all they have imo and ebonyi. Apga isnt a national threat to them. Pdp has only enugu. Thats fair for Tinubu. I think both soludo and tinubu are cool with eachother, considering 2027. Apc stakeholders in anambra just want to chop ifeanyi ubahs money.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Khyrvxjzy: 9:22am On Jun 21
jumpandpas:
grin

Criminals that cannot rebuild Nigeria what to rebuild Anambra grin
apc won spoil the good work of obi
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by Exclusive002: 9:27am On Jun 21
celestineteryim:
the same criminal that didn't build Anambra wants build Nigeria
is BAT a saint?
Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by BossGerald: 9:29am On Jun 21
Snake001:
Hehehe

As you see Anambra thread like this your prick stand😂

Btw, cannibalism is dedicated to Oyo state

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 2025: APC Elders Forum Declares Zoning For Guber Election Sacrosanct by celestineteryim: 9:30am On Jun 21
Exclusive002:
is BAT a saint?
no only peter grieving obituary is saint in this planet earth

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yar'adua Removed As NNPC GMD,Barkindo Takes Over / Picture Of Buhari Weeping B4 He Lost The Election / Jonathan Should Ban Redeemed Church's Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.