Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,229 members, 7,880,859 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:17 AM

Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student (12783 Views)

Four Arrested For Burning Adamawa Woman To Death Over Witchcraft (Photo) / Four Arrested In Ondo For Stripping Female Police Inspector Naked / Uwa Omozuwa: UNIBEN Students Protest Against Rape And Murder Of Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Newlymarried(f): 9:54am On Jun 21
Ebonyi State Police Command has arrested four suspects in connection with the alleged abduction and killing of Magnus Okeke, a student of Alex-Ekwueme Federal University (AE-FUNAI), in Ikwo Local Government Area of the state. The spokesman of the command, DSP Joshua Ukandu, confirmed the arrest on Thursday, June 20, 2024, in Abakaliki.

“Yes, we have commenced an investigation on the matter and four persons have so far been arrested in connection with the heinous crime," the PPRO said. The victim’s body has been recovered and taken to the mortuary. Investigation is ongoing to unravel the death. Four suspects have been arrested so far."

The management of the university in a statement by its Public Relations Officer, Mr Elom Iyke Ubochi, confirmed that Okeke, an extra-year student of the Department of Accountancy was abducted on June 1, 2024, and was found dead 16 days later. Ubochi described the abduction and killing of Okeke as wicked. “Yes, the security agencies have apprehended some of those alleged to be involved in the abduction and did everything possible to rescue him alive," the statement read. “Unfortunately, on Monday, June 17, the decomposing body of Okeke was painfully recovered under the bridge at Ako stream in Nwakpu village, on Ikwo/Abakaliki Road,” he said.

The university urged anyone with useful information that could aid in the investigation to come forward and assist the authorities.
https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/four-arrested-as-police-investigate-murder-of-ebonyi-varsity-student/

2 Likes

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by MatrixReloaded: 10:14am On Jun 21
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Sonfethopia: 10:56am On Jun 21
Man is wicked

8 Likes

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Kingdavid579(m): 10:56am On Jun 21
May God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by PeterObi4LP: 10:56am On Jun 21
It might be cult related.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Fiscus105(m): 10:57am On Jun 21
I imagine if he is a lady.

The news would have been a food for association of frustrated guys/men to feast on.

Rest in peace, may God console ur parents & loved ones.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by nlreserve: 10:57am On Jun 21
Is Nigeria moving forward or backward?

1 Like

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by jericco1(m): 10:58am On Jun 21
Wonder what gives people the mind to kill their fellow humans

6 Likes

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Observer20: 10:59am On Jun 21

1 Like

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Exclusive002: 11:00am On Jun 21
Kingdavid579:
May God help Nigeria
alot of abnormal things this days honestly
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by RighteousDemon: 11:00am On Jun 21
nlreserve:

Are you new here?

1 Like

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Sharpsharp00123: 11:01am On Jun 21
Some people are d definition of evil

1 Like

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by AntiChristian: 11:01am On Jun 21
Na dm!
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by kereman1: 11:02am On Jun 21
Life for naija na big risk.

2 Likes

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:02am On Jun 21
nlreserve:

One would have expected that such crime can never happen in that said geographic space of homogeneous people because the blame is always about a merger by the colonial masters of peoples of different tribes called Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by limitless777(m): 11:04am On Jun 21
Our system and structure is pathetically too reactive rather than being proactive.

This deed has sadly been done unfortunately.
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by XXXsearch: 11:05am On Jun 21
I denounce that I am not a Muslim any shit.
Seun you need to stop this nonsense oath on Muslim thread while leaving Christian thread open to everybody.

I hope the government stops sponsoring people to their untimely death in this evil satanic hajj of a menace.

Nigeria has lost close to 10 people already to this evil satanic gathering, they would have still been alive had they stayed back in their country.

Hajj must be banned permanently for Nigerians and government stop wasting tax payers money to sponsor it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by iampeterben(m): 11:06am On Jun 21
XXXsearch:
Seun you need to stop this nonsense oath on Muslim thread while leaving Christian thread open to everybody.

I hope the government stops sponsoring people to their untimely death in this evil satanic hajj of a menace.

Nigeria has lost close to 10 people already to this evil satanic gathering, they would have still been alive had they stayed back in their country.

Hajj must be banned permanently for Nigerians and government stop wasting tax payers money to sponsor it
Is that the context of this post?
Anyways Sha, how much is beans in your area, honey beans oh!
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Obyangel: 11:15am On Jun 21
kiss kiss cheesy
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by tutudesz: 11:26am On Jun 21
What is the benefit of killing
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by aktolly54(m): 11:30am On Jun 21
PeterObi4LP:
dont think so. Cult will definitely buy his way through the process of 4yrs instead of going extra year. By money or using force on lecturer because cult know once his mate(fellow cult ) graduated and it remained only him alone for extra year . That's dangerous for him especially if he hold special place like number 2 or hintman for his side
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by factwriter(m): 11:31am On Jun 21

After swearing an oath in front of 2 million Nairalanders and countless passerbys...

...You then turn round and denounce in front of a meagre few grin

Even Saudi Arabia acknowledges your pledge cheesy

Welcome on-board 🙏

1 Like

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Ademighty01(m): 11:58am On Jun 21
Nawaooo
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by mbahdi(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21
Rip to him

1 Like

Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by alphaNomega: 12:31pm On Jun 21
XXXsearch:

As-salamu alaykum my dear brother, you stated it clearly in your profile "I believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet." may allah's blessings be upon you
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Chetas81(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21
Exclusive002:
alot of abnormal things this days honestly
under the abnormal system and the citizen
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Chetas81(m): 12:37pm On Jun 21
Sonfethopia:
Man is wicked
Nigerian man
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Chetas81(m): 12:39pm On Jun 21
PeterObi4LP:
valueless activities occupied the Nigerian citizen
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by Chetas81(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21
Sharpsharp00123:
Some people are d definition of evil
THE ZIONIST TEACH US TO KNOW THAT, BLACK MAN IS THE SATAN
Re: Magnus Okeke: Four Arrested Over Abduction And Murder Of Ebonyi Varsity Student by georgeakins: 12:54pm On Jun 21
Zxcvbnmghtr:

One would have expected that such crime can never happen in that said geographic space of homogeneous people because the blame is always about a merger by the colonial masters of peoples of different tribes called Nigeria.

Sambisa forest is safer than Ibo land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Policemen Killed On Plateau-Kaduna Road / Court Sentences 60-year-old EFCC Impostor To Three Years Imprisonment / Man Abducted At His Wedding In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.