Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,977 members, 7,919,131 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:12 PM

Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? (201 Views)

I Don't Need Any Religion - Wole Soyinka / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Why Freemasonry Is Better Than Any Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Squirrel1(m): 11:48am On Jun 21
So I've been wondering if it's possible to be spiritual without been affiliated with any religion.

Like I don't want to be an atheist cause it's quiet scary.. what if u die and then u find God, weti u go con do?!

I want to just be reasonable about the entire things.

Share your thoughts guys
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Righteousness2(m): 11:53am On Jun 21
If Whatever you desire to be is in Isolation of JESUS CHRIST, forget about it. It will land you in Hell fire.

If JESUS CHRIST is not the Foundation of Whatever you wanna be, you are Heading for Destruction.
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by armchairscholar: 11:54am On Jun 21
Squirrel1:
So I've been wondering if it's possible to be spiritual without been affiliated with any religion.

Like I don't want to be an atheist cause it's quiet scary.. what if u die and then u find God, weti u go con do?!

Share your thoughts guys

Reminds me of this post I read the other day: https://christianpure.com/learn/spirituality-vs-christianity-path-suits-you/

With that said, no one truly knows what happens after you die, that's what faith is about. I think you should live as if God exists because that will lead you to living a better life
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Fisiryorh(m): 12:16pm On Jun 21
Righteousness2:
If Whatever you desire to be is in Isolation of JESUS CHRIST, forget about it. It will land you in Hell fire.

If JESUS CHRIST is not the Foundation of Whatever you wanna be, you are Heading for Destruction.

Aunty, rest abeg ..... undecided
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Fisiryorh(m): 12:17pm On Jun 21
Yes, yes & hell yes.... grin
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21
Spirituality is one thing and religiousity stands apart both aren't the same but there is no way you can become God's friends without being religious because God has a purpose which His worshipers must fulfill anyone who is no part of those fulfilling it has no future before the true God.

So what is spirituality?
Spirituality is having a dealing with one or more spirits for a reason best known to you.

What is religiousity?
Religiousity is working towards a goal along with fellow believers as the God (supreme being) instructs all His worshipers.

Satan and his demons have misconstrued the two making those lacking knowledge to think it's about the same thing whereas a spiritual person can be likened to one who strives to have a close relationship with a King such a person may be deceived into thinking he or she is dealing with the real King but how can you have a close relationship with a King whose purpose you don't know?
Surely anybody claiming to be a King but has no plans to establish his kingdom and ensure there is peace and security is FAKE.
You can only have a close relationship with the king when you're among those working zealously to expand his domain as you work industriously with other faithful subjects who have hope in the objectives of that King.

So any spiritualists who is not affiliated to any religion is dealing with DEMONS and not the true God!
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by muyico(m): 1:34pm On Jun 21
yeah
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Righthussle: 1:48pm On Jun 21
Squirrel1:

Share your thoughts guys

It's just good that you're thinking and asking questions about these things. Just some people just go ahead and accept wholeheartedly the religion they were born into.

My friend, keep on asking the "what if " questions?

Ask yourself
What if Islam is after all the right religion and others are wrong?

What if Christianity is the right religion and others are wrong?

What if it is Buddhism that is right and others are wrong and you're practicing the wrong religion?

What if the god you were introduced to, the one you know and worship in the religion of your parents is not the true God you think you're worshipping?

What if the true God cannot order anyone to kill kids as the bible god did in Numbers 31 ?

What if the true God is not the god that is worshipped in Islam that encourages muslims to linch peoplewho speak against his prophets?

What if the hell in the Quran and Bible and in other religions doesn't exist?

What if the hell in the Quran and Bible and in other religions do not exist?

What if the hell in the Quran and Bible and in other religious text is just to use "fear" to scare you into practicing their religion?

What if the heaven in the Quran and Bible and in other religions do not exist?

What if the heaven in the Quran and Bible and in other religious text is just to use "Greed" to entice you into practicing their religion?

Infact, why are the descriptions of the heaven in the Quran and Bible and in other religions different ?

Are there different heavens and hells for different religions?

Why do Christians and Muslims call their gods all-sufficient god and still tell you their gods needs money?

Why does the Christian god need 10% and the Muslim god needs 2.5% of your money if they are truly "all-sufficient " ?

Just keep asking yourself these questions. You will soon know and see what organized religions truly are.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Diego35M: 2:01pm On Jun 21
Squirrel1:

Share your thoughts guys
spiritually have no business with religion my brother, it was religious people that gave birth to the religion they you all practise...
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Floky215: 2:19pm On Jun 21
Squirrel1:

Share your thoughts guys

Spirituality and Religion are two parallel lines...!!

Religion is man made for money and control.

Spirituality exposes your soul to the other side and help you grow to attain knowledge and how to maintain a healthy life style and deal with situations.

Spirituality has no limit and no boundaries and the experience is unique and satisfying...!!

Spirituality is simply an unending journey into knowledge about life and it existence.
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Squirrel1(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21
Floky215:

Spirituality exposes your soul to the other side and help you grow to attain knowledge and how to maintain a healthy life style and deal with situations.

Spirituality has no limit and no boundaries and the experience is unique and satisfying...!!

Spirituality is simply an unending journey into knowledge about life and it existence.
🤝
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Jun 21
Squirrel1:
So I've been wondering if it's possible to be spiritual without been affiliated with any religion. Like I don't want to be an atheist cause it's quiet scary.. what if u die and then u find God, weti u go con do?! I want to just be reasonable about the entire things. Share your thoughts guys
The first question you would need to answer is what is the identity of the deity or God you seek. If you are looking for the god of your pastors, imams, popes, GBs, bishops, etc., you can't find them outside of the religious space since they are all defined within religious space. If you are looking for a God beyond that, then you look outside of the religious space for the particular God. undecided
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Jun 21
armchairscholar:
■ Reminds me of this post I read the other day: https://christianpure.com/learn/spirituality-vs-christianity-path-suits-you/
With that said, no one truly knows what happens after you die, that's what faith is about. I think you should live as if God exists because that will lead you to living a better life
You mean what religious faith is about, right? undecided
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jun 21
Righthussle:
■ It's just good that you're thinking and asking questions about these things. Just some people just go ahead and accept wholeheartedly the religion they were born into.
Ask yourself
What if it is Buddhism that is right and others are wrong and you're practicing the wrong religion?
What if the god you were introduced to, the one you know and worship in the religion of your parents is not the true God you think you're worshipping?

What if the true God cannot order anyone to kill kids as the bible god did in Numbers 31 ?
What if the true God is not the god that is worshipped in Islam that encourages muslims to linch peoplewho speak against his prophets?
What if the hell in the Quran and Bible and in other religions doesn't exist?
What if the hell in the Quran and Bible and in other religions do not exist?
What if the hell in the Quran and Bible and in other religious text is just to use "fear" to scare you into practicing their religion?
What if the heaven in the Quran and Bible and in other religions do not exist?
What if the heaven in the Quran and Bible and in other religious text is just to use "Greed" to entice you into practicing their religion?
Infact, why are the descriptions of the heaven in the Quran and Bible and in other religions different ?
Are there different heavens and hells for different religions?
Why do Christians and Muslims call their gods all-sufficient god and still tell you their gods needs money?
Why does the Christian god need 10% and the Muslim god needs 2.5% of your money if they are truly "all-sufficient " ?

Just keep asking yourself these questions. You will soon know and see what organized religions truly are.
Nna, OP asked if spirituality can exist outside of religion but clearly, you don't think so. Seems, to you, Spirituality begins and ends in one religion or another. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

As for the issue of the true God, who is the True God...how do you identify the True God from all the thousands of non-True ones out there...what if not everyone can have access to the True God... what if no religion can not grant any man access to the True God... what if the True God did indeed command His people's armies to eliminate their enemies.... what if... undecided
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by StillDtruth: 3:48pm On Jun 21
armchairscholar:

Reminds me of this post I read the other day: https://christianpure.com/learn/spirituality-vs-christianity-path-suits-you/

Life and living has shown that creations do not die until their Creators kills them. And the bible and life shows that what we call death is "sleep mode"

So, we know what happens after doing what we call death!
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by StillDtruth: 3:51pm On Jun 21
Squirrel1:

Share your thoughts guys

Religion means a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion

So if you take spirituality seriously, then you are in religion already.
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by StillDtruth: 4:00pm On Jun 21
Righthussle:

It's just good that you're thinking and asking questions about these things. Just some people just go ahead and accept wholeheartedly the religion they were born into.

Ask yourself

What if it is Buddhism that is right and others are wrong and you're practicing the wrong religion?...

And this is what proves that you devils are very very stupid.!

For how much "what if" is required to know whether a fork is a good tool to use to fill a bucket of water?
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by StillDtruth: 4:03pm On Jun 21
Diego35M:
spiritually have no business with religion my brother, it was surprised people that have birth to the religion they you all practise...
Floky215:

Religion means a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion

So if you take spirituality seriously, then you are in religion already.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Squirrel1(m): 5:19pm On Jun 21
Kobojunkie:
The first question you would need to answer is what is the identity of the deity or God you seek. If you are looking for the god of your pastors, imams, popes, GBs, bishops, etc., you can't find them outside of the religious space since they are all defined within religious space. If you are looking for a God beyond that, then you look outside of the religious space for the particular God. undecided

An identity of love, goodness, beautiful eternity and not tied to a certain group of overzealous followers.

I know God exist cause I exist.
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Jun 21
Squirrel1:
■ An identity of love, goodness, beautiful eternity and not tied to a certain group of overzealous followers. I know God exist cause I exist.
So, you assume he exists because you exist. And when you cease to exist, what then? This entity also ceases? grin

Anyways, when you go looking for someone, you have to at least be certain of his/her identity or you end up falling into the hands of the many frauds out there. The description you gave of the God you seek is quite vague. I would recommend you do a lot more of your homework in narrowing down his identity before you go seeking, otherwise, you might end up with what you never bargained for. grin
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Squirrel1(m): 5:36pm On Jun 21
Kobojunkie:
So, you assume he exists because you exist. And when you cease to exist, what then? This entity also ceases? grin

Anyways, when you go looking for someone, you have to at least be certain of his/her identity or you end up falling into the hands of the many frauds out there. The description you gave of the God you seek is quite vague. I would recommend you do a lot more of your homework in narrowing down his identity before you go seeking, otherwise, you might end up with what you never bargained for. grin
lmao. A pressing iron exist because some made it right?
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Jun 21
Squirrel1:
lmao. A pressing iron exist because some made it right?
Does a pressing iron know this? undecided
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by AcadaWriter: 6:31pm On Jun 21
Yes, yes & hell yes....
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:28am On Jun 23
NO!
Re: Can Someone Be Spiritual And Not Be Affiliated To Any Religion? by Iamanoited: 8:06am On Jun 23
it's quite not quiet scary..

(1) (Reply)

Watch Out / Insecurity: Catholics Protest Killings Of Two Priests, 17 Parishioners / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/05/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.