Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,679 members, 7,882,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

How To Fix Some Common Issues On The Student Loan Portal - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Fix Some Common Issues On The Student Loan Portal (103 Views)

Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill / 5 Teachers Sacked For Impregnating SS3 Student In Kebbi; The Student Expelled / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix Some Common Issues On The Student Loan Portal by ezenwaez(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21
Students applying for student loan might encounter some issues when applying for the student loan on the student loan portal. Here are some ways to rectify some common issues when applying for the student loan on the student loan portal:

Q. BVN is bringing another person's name on the student loan portal how can I rectify this?

A. Students should please ensure they input the correct BVN. If the problem continues on the student loan portal, the applicant should please contact his or her bank.

Q. I could not register on the student loan portal because of this missing information "Student Records" prompt on the student loan portal. What should I do?

A. Please contact your Director ICT through email and explain the challenges you are facing on the student loan portal.

Q. Please about the student loan I want to apply but I want to be sure if the student loan application is for the next academic level I am in 300 level now and I have paid my fees and currently I am resuming for second semester.

A. Please go ahead and apply for the student loan the fees will be paid for your next session, not your current level.

Q. The school fees for the next academic session will be paid for with the student loan and not the current session as most students would have already paid for this session or missed the deadline, for the applicants that want to apply for the upkeep with the school fees.

A. Students will start receiving monthly upkeep upon disbursement of institutional fees.

Q. Successfully created and verified my account on the student loan portal but when I want to login into the student loan portal it says invalid login credentials, I try to reset password but the password reset email never comes.

A. Ensure to provide the correct email address and JAMB registration number on the student loan portal.

Q. I Have not seen anyone approved since for the student loan.

A. Students that applied for the student loan will begin to get approval notification from 25th June. After approvals, the next step is disbursement of the student loan. Everything is step by step.

Q. Some students were only being offered admission by the university not JAMB,
so they could not pass jamb details verification on the student loan portal. How can they resolve this on the student loan portal?

A. They should kindly regularize their admission with JAMB and re-apply for the student loan.

Q. I could not apply for the student because my school name is not on the student loan portal.

A. kindly try again

Q. I keep getting invalid institutional fee charges on the student loan portal.

A. Kindly contact the ICT directorate in your university to upload your institution charges to the NELFUND SVS. Your university is yet to upload your fees schedule.

Q. Can I cancel the student loan and leave the upkeep? Is it possible?

A. You can only get the upkeep if you applied for institution fees. However, you can decide not to take the monthly upkeep by opting for the fees alone.

Q. Incase the name on the BVN is not the same as the name on NIN, is there any solution?

A. Please ensure that the name on your BVN matches the account name and NIN you provided on the student loan portal.

Q. Will the institution fee paid to the school directly or to my bank account? And what will happen if I already paid my school fees and just want to return to the source?

A. The institution fee will be paid directly to the institution while the upkeep will be paid directly to the student’s bank account. There is no provision for reimbursement of already paid school fees as NELFUND will pay only for subsequent sessions.

Q. There is no provision for postgraduate students in federal higher institutions to apply for the student loan because jamb number is compulsory and post graduate students do not have jamb registration number.
What is the fate of the postgraduate students on the student loan?

A. The Student Loan Program is only open to undergraduate students of public tertiary institutions for now.

(1) (Reply)

ICAN Lectures For Nov 2024 Diet Exam / Have U Got A Student Visa And No Funds ! / Please,where Can I Read This Novel Online?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.