Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,626 members, 7,948,392 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule (11793 Views)

West Africa Leaders Say Mali Junta Must Name A President By September 15 / Mali Junta Frees President Keita a Week After His Arrest / Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Anunakeeh: 5:38pm On Jun 21

1 Like

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Rexymania(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21
If Army dt rule...them no born you well make you talk rubbish
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Angelfrost(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21
Yugoslavia247:
Military rule is never acceptable in a sane society

Yeah... But, neither is a corrupt retrogressive Democratic government.

If Democracy excels and performs well, there won't be room or grounds for Military takeover.

1 Like

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Zubeezanga(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21
GreatKingg:
Where are those calling for military rule? You think Tinubu is "shege banza pro-max, military rule is " shege banza pro-INFINITY"... but on a serious note, we achieved a lot of infrastructural development during the military days, but they are the source of the current problem we now find ourselves. They weaken and destroy the system/institutions. Guess what, they found willing partners in some greedy civilians.
Pls enlighten us on how they weaken the system.
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by ekhai(m): 5:57pm On Jun 21

1 Like

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Ironbull: 5:57pm On Jun 21
hkidola00:
you done see afternoon food chop?

Leave food matter no one is talking about food here just go and read one of your evil axis descendant role model in action that is all.
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:04pm On Jun 21
NairalandForumo:

If people like Tinubu were arrested by Abacha like this in 1993/1994 maybe he might not be president today.....

Obasanjo was arrested and even jailed by Abacha lol, yet he became President. NOTHING can come between a man and his destiny. I want you to know that.

3 Likes

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by PUNANI01: 6:08pm On Jun 21
Good you arrested them.
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by celestineteryim: 6:09pm On Jun 21
I wish this Ipob mob here too will be arrested
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by DeusXmachina: 6:10pm On Jun 21
PUNANI01:
Good you arrested them.
What is their crime?

1 Like

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Dennisochampa: 6:17pm On Jun 21
Father4all:
The oppositions are crazy. Let them come Nigeria and see useless civilian rule

Since u think they are crazy, why don't you go to Mali where the military rule??

1 Like

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Augustine2244(m): 6:29pm On Jun 21
Why should the military regime arrest those calling for civilian rule? Or were the arrested, ardent supporters of the deposed civilian government?
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by ppogba: 6:33pm On Jun 21
Same millitary rule that untrained kids are asking for in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by tiger28: 6:44pm On Jun 21
SE Coupists!!!

Una listen,
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by worksmart(m): 6:51pm On Jun 21
Tinubu went into hiding , Abacha would have arrested him for destabilising his regime.
NairalandForumo:

If people like Tinubu were arrested by Abacha like this in 1993/1994 maybe he might not be president today.....
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Danmisra(m): 6:52pm On Jun 21
That's good, some enemies of the country are fighting the system and want them to return to slavery and stupid way of governance (democracy).
The way to develop a country fast is to allow a good leader to stay for long say 15-20 years or even more once the development on progres, build infrastructure, economy, security, health, agriculture etc then when the country reaches a certain level where the Major things have been achieved and the need for fresh ideas/new thinking or where the competition is steep that when you call for democracy.
Idiots don't even observe that election consumes huge money and delay or suspend projects.
BCountry that is managing it's resources when it has a good leader should not think of wasting money uselessly.

2 Likes

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by akaahs(m): 6:55pm On Jun 21
Jail them to life imprisonment.
Na them ll later tear the country apart in the of democracy.
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by ajealadick(m): 7:03pm On Jun 21
Yugoslavia247:
Military rule is never acceptable in a sane society

Is Nigeria a sane society??
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Father4all: 7:09pm On Jun 21
[quote author=Dennisochampa post=130593494]

Since u think they are crazy, why don't you go to Mali where the military rule?? Bleep you ]
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Babastrong(m): 7:14pm On Jun 21
In nigeria, the balls of our military men have been deflated long ago.

2 Likes

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by kmaster007: 7:15pm On Jun 21
Really... You most be close to 60yrs at age now
Memphitz357:
I miss those days of IBB, Shonekan and Abacha!
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by NairalandForumo: 7:44pm On Jun 21
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Obasanjo was arrested and even jailed by Abacha lol, yet he became President. NOTHING can come between a man and his destiny. I want you to know that.

Why didn't the others who were arrested become president?
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Major77: 8:33pm On Jun 21
Arrest them all they are crazy
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Memphitz357: 9:02pm On Jun 21
kmaster007:
Really... You most be close to 60yrs at age now
I'm actually 75 years
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by spiSeyi: 9:11pm On Jun 21
[i][/i]Aisha Yesufu and other obedients are lucky that it's PBAT and not Gen. Yahyah that's in Aso-rock shocked
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Tiopii: 9:24pm On Jun 21
Memphitz357:
I miss those days of IBB, Shonekan and Abacha!

Go to Mali or Burkina Faso

1 Like

Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by Paraman: 10:06pm On Jun 21
ekhai:
THE JUNTA HAS TESTED POWER. TO LEAVE SEAT OF POWER IS NOT EASY.
Power is sweet
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by kmaster007: 10:22pm On Jun 21
Daddy
Memphitz357:

I'm actually 75 years
Re: Mali Junta Arrests 11 Oppositions Calling For Civilian Rule by EdiskyHarry: 6:58am On Jun 22
Nice one.
APC government has proven to me that the worst military dictator is far better than the best democratic president especially in Africa.
African politicians are only after money and the next election.
Democracy doesn't work in Africa, it only enrishes few politicians leaving the masses in extreme suffering and poverty. I wish all of them should be shot dead as they are being sponsored by politicians to cause chaos in the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Germany Deports 28 Afghan Nationals For First Time Since Taliban Takeover. / Pakistan J-17 Warpalne Discussion / India Prepares To Boost Russian Coal Imports Amid Western Sanctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.